Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9484 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Nightwing in Son of Batman?!

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

This image of Nightwing has surfaced this morning. From the comments on the original image on tumblr, this is apparently a screencap from the Son of Batman preview on the Justice League: War DVD. Usually, DC animated movies tend to get leaked a week or two before the release date so it isn't a stretch that there are already copies of the movie floating out there. I'm also inclined to believe this is valid since Cameron Bowen (Tim Drake's voice actor from Young Justice) has been listed on the imbd page for Son of Batman. Adding the looks and voices of Robin and Nightwing from Young Justice could be a way for DC to give a little nod to Young Justice fans (myself included) who really miss the show. I couldn't be more excited since the Young Justice design for Nightwing is my all-time favorite! I guess Young Justice can live on in more ways than one;)

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

Well it's nice to see that Dick is along for the ride.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

AWWWWW YEEEAAAH!!!!!!!! No crazy about the lack of blue but AWWWWW YEEEEAAAHHH!!!

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By youknowwhattodo

The more Nightwing the better, my only question is WTF is with that pathetic bird symbol, if you zoom in on it, it looks all sloppy, I mean I know it's probably a cameo but put some effort into the symbol lol. It seriously looks like whoever stitched that symbol was hammered.

No Caption Provided

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw no mention of Nightwing during the one trailer I watched, sweet. I love how they went with the Young Justice look. In the graphic novel by Morrison Slade dealt with 0 percent of the story, not sure how he comes into play here but frankly who cares. DC animation has yet to disappoint me, YJ/GLTAS cancellations notwithstanding.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Nightwing in the movie is voiced by Simon from Firefly, well that's where I read anyway?!

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woo!!! Seems like he's making a couple of cameos in Batman media. Hopefully, one day he'll get his own movie.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always nice to see him in more animated works, as long as it serves a purpose. I don't remember him being in the comic version (But then again neither was Slade) so it'll be interesting to see what role he plays.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@alak said:

Woo!!! Seems like he's making a couple of cameos in Batman media. Hopefully, one day he'll get his own movie.

Nightwing movie would be awesome

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The more Nightwing the better, my only question is WTF is with that pathetic bird symbol, if you zoom in on it, it looks all sloppy, I mean I know it's probably a cameo but put some effort into the symbol lol. It seriously looks like whoever stitched that symbol was hammered.

No Caption Provided

The design is from other animated appearances. This logo is most like the one Nightwing wore in Young Justice:

No Caption Provided

Alternatively, they could be going off of the very similar suggested design for the Nightwing animated solo series that was never greenlit (in favor of Young Justice instead):

No Caption Provided

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@fodigg: Oh I know, my complaint (which was more of a jab) wasn't how the costume looked because it is a lot like what we saw in YJ, but rather the derpy, uneven shape of the symbol, I mean look at it lol.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@fodigg: Oh I know, my complaint (which was more of a jab) wasn't how the costume looked because it is a lot like what we saw in YJ, but rather the derpy, uneven shape of the symbol, I mean look at it lol.

Oh, well that could be just the angle of it and since this is a low-rez screencap. I'm sure it'll look better in motion.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By darktiger

Awesome

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it's more than a cameo.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
    blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad they make it blue instead of red

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is weird how Dick is sorta taking Tim's place in Son of Batman but I understand. You can't fit every important detail from one story arc and simply translate it onto film format without trimming it down first, making the proper adjustments, etc.

Morrison's entire body of work on Batman has a huge stake in what happens here. At some pt they'll have to do an adaptation of Batman(Dick) and Robin(Damian).

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, son!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.