Nightwing in JLI relaunch!

#1 Posted by Squalleon (2988 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11700 posts) - - Show Bio

could have put a bit more effort into redesigning Red Tornado, ii guess this makes the Robot in Earth 2 Cyclone.

#3 Posted by Squalleon (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

could have put a bit more effort into redesigning Red Tornado, ii guess this makes the Robot in Earth 2 Cyclone.

Probably :-P

I love that RT returns in the DCU he was a favorite of mine pre flashpoint.

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (5941 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: this will give me a reason to pick up the new JLI i love RB silvas art and nightwing is awesome hopfuly they have the new bret booth costume from dick. Also any word on who is writing the book ?

#5 Posted by Squalleon (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@Squalleon: this will give me a reason to pick up the new JLI i love RB silvas art and nightwing is awesome hopfuly they have the new bret booth costume from dick. Also any word on who is writing the book ?

No.The only info we have is Silva's art.

I hope this book gets a good writer.

#6 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: Do we have any actual proof theyre going to relaunch this book? (Because some sketches dont count as proof to me)

I say this because i really doubt dc is going with the classic red tornado design

#7 Posted by MatKrenz (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is the first title to be cancelled and now being brought back in the New 52. Interesting.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (5941 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon:

heres hopeing

#9 Posted by Squalleon (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

@Squalleon: Do we have any actual proof theyre going to relaunch this book? (Because some sketches dont count as proof to me)

I say this because i really doubt dc is going with the classic red tornado design

This pic was from yesterday.Look at the comments next to the pic.Silva says that he can't talk about it and it is something new.

Now the tags of the pic #redtornado #dccomics #rbsilva #dcuniverse #justiceofleague #justiceleagueinternational #nightwing #draw #art #comics

#10 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: Hmm interesting...

I still doubt thats going to be red tornados design

#11 Edited by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I literally ran into my living room and hit a front flip shouting so loud at the top of my lungs my neighbors dogs started barking. Lets pop some bottles :P I have a feeling it's going to be one of those weekends where everything is looking up and there can be no wrong in the universe. Uffffff such great news

#12 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing will become the poster boy for this team, watch lol

#13 Posted by Squalleon (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

The team consists of Nightwing,Booster Gold,Hawkman(he is everywhere :-P),Shazam,Black Canary,Batgirl and of course Red Tornado

#14 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon:

Batgirl? You got to be kidding me.. why do we have to have two batkids on the same team? Isn't she Birds of Prey? DC trying too hard to play up this imaginary romance it's ridonkulous. Besides Babs, the team is excellent. I have a feeling Dick and Booster are going to get along great, if only they had a GL on the roster. They certainly have enough manpower to rival the alpha squad.

#15 Posted by Squalleon (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: I don't know why they put Batgirl.

BC and Nightwing have everything Batgirl can give to this point.

Vixen would be a better choice! It will make the team more diverse(since this is what comics strive for currently) and she was awesome in Brad Meltzers JLA.

#16 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: Come to think of it, Vixen is a perfect replacement. Can't imagine why they didn't choose to follow that route. When you have both NW and BG sharing a spot it kind of ruins the mystique that comes with introducing a batmember into the ranks.

#17 Posted by Nightwingdg (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it's another book I have to buy every month. Unless it's Judd Winick on the book.

#18 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy to hear he's finally being put back onto a League team.

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a minute. JLI Relaunch? Explain.

#20 Posted by Lightburst (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait are you telling me Dick will FINALLY get out of Bruce's shadow? WELP I can die happy now.

#21 Posted by Nightwing4 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is true......this is what I've been SCREAMING at DC for the past year! Get the best team leader in all of comics back on a team! Sounds like a pretty well rounded team too. Wonder of there'll ever be a clash between JLI/JLA/JL

#22 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman will be in TWO JL's? I thought Hawkman was already gona be in the new JLA. Although this Nightwing news is awesome. :D

#23 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Exactly!

#24 Posted by Zereta (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised that this is being discussed for Nightwing and not as a HOLY CRAP JLI IS COMING BACK WHEN WAS THIS ANNOUNCED?

I'm psyched :)

#25 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

jli+nightwing+red tornado= awesome!!!

#26 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Although a JLI relaunch would be cool, I am honestly hoping for this to be for a Titans relaunch.

#27 Posted by wessaari (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

Although a JLI relaunch would be cool, I am honestly hoping for this to be for a Titans relaunch.

or at least an Outsiders attempt

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11700 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari said:

@Funrush said:

or at least an Outsiders attempt

i repeat. worst Outsiders team ever. we don't need the JL's B-listers.

#29 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing should lead the team. Just saying.

#30 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

That certainly explains that whole "a new for Dick"

#31 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump~

Any more news on this gang?

#32 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope it will have the humour of the othe rjustice league international books, THE HUMOUR MADE IT THE BEST JL BOOK EVER

#33 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.