Nightwing in Batman vs Superman

#2 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11390 posts) - - Show Bio

If you truly are a fan of Dicks, you would not want the possible choice of actor to play Dick Grayson.

#3 Edited by richardjohngrayson (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't tell me what I need to think to be a Dick Grayson fan. I want Nightwing on the big screen. This dude is a great actor and not a bad choice. That being said he is not officially cast and two other names are said to be up. The possibility of Nightwing being on the screen and my(our) excitement was and is the purpose of this thread.

#4 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I just don't want him to appear in the movie, or Wonder Woman either for that matter. Both are terrible ideas. Trying to do too much in one movie, a movie that should be about Superman and Batman and nobody else really.

#5 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

2015 will be a huge year for Dick Grayson.

#6 Posted by RustyRoy (12047 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I just don't want him to appear in the movie, or Wonder Woman either for that matter. Both are terrible ideas. Trying to do too much in one movie, a movie that should be about Superman and Batman and nobody else really.

Agreed, he could appear in the next Batman solo movie and WW can appear in her own movie or JL, no need for cameos.

#7 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

2015 is his 75th anniversary,DC's gotta do something for(with? As bigwigs would say) him.

#8 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm not a fan of the choice of actor, I would say that it would still be worth seeing Nightwing on the big screen. The character could definitely get some more recognition from mainstream audiences.

#9 Posted by SupBatz (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Nightwing in Batman vs. Superman. Perhaps not in a very prominent role (the movie is about Bruce and Clark, after all). But it'd be a great opportunity to show that Batman has tons of experience and has been operating for a while. Plus, it'd be somebody to call in for backup in the showdown with Superman. And, lets face it, the opportunity to see Nightwing on the big screen is enough to make any comic book fan excited.

#10 Posted by richardjohngrayson (422 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33091 posts) - - Show Bio

If you truly are a fan of Dicks, you would not want the possible choice of actor to play Dick Grayson.

Why? That guy would be the best actual actor in the whole movie.

#13 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11390 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

He just doesn't have the look and physicality, that's a big part of it.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33091 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

He just doesn't have the look and physicality, that's a big part of it.

thats like the least important part. Look is subjective and physicals can be built.

#15 Edited by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a great actor. But he looks like a mix between Eli Manning and Prince Charles. Still kind've unsure about this, but hey..maybe he'll surprise me. If he does actually end up in the movie that is.

#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6291 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not gonna happen...but we can at least hope.

#17 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see Nightwing on the big screen!

#18 Posted by Nightw BR (105 posts) - - Show Bio

He seems okay, but not what I'd want to see for Nightwing. I want an actor that looks close to his look in the video game Injustice Gods among Us, not exactly like that though, because things cant be too perfect, but someone young in mid 20s like 21 to 22, and someone who looked good physically, I just don't think this guy has the looks. Maybe I am too judgemental.

#19 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

The actor who supposedly would be playing Dick does not look the part.

Dick Grayson is supposed to be the best looking male in the DCU. Not being judgmental. I just have enough reverence for the character to not wish that actor on him.

#20 Posted by havoc1201 (502 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather see pen then Adam driver as nightwing any day he is a great actor and has the look of Grayson more then the other two up for the role.

#21 Posted by RustyRoy (12047 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather see pen then Adam driver as nightwing any day he is a great actor and has the look of Grayson more then the other two up for the role.

Agreed.

#22 Edited by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Ezra's in the running!? Sweet, watched him on Royal Pains and in Perks Of Being A Wallflower. Dude's got some acting chops. If anyone can capture that androgynous image it's him.

Don't know too much about the other two :l

#23 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

The actor who supposedly would be playing Dick does not look the part.

Dick Grayson is supposed to be the best looking male in the DCU. Not being judgmental. I just have enough reverence for the character to not wish that actor on him.

He seems okay, but not what I'd want to see for Nightwing. I want an actor that looks close to his look in the video game Injustice Gods among Us, not exactly like that though, because things cant be too perfect, but someone young in mid 20s like 21 to 22, and someone who looked good physically, I just don't think this guy has the looks. Maybe I am too judgemental.

Gotta agree with the above. Not taking shots at anyone, but there's a certain way actors have to look to fill these kind of roles, and a certain vibe they have to give off. Though I still stand by my first statement that Nightwing shouldn't appear at all.

#24 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: Aw c'monn there's no such thing as bad publicity. Oh wait...

You know what though, for all the crap that movie gets thrown at it, I never personally hated the suits. Freeze is what killed it for me lol

#26 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: Who are you kidding? My 7 year old self couldn't get enough of this movie when it came on the scene, bizarre villains, campy plot and all. Though if I'm being honest I was a bigger fan of Forever.

#27 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: Who are you kidding? My 7 year old self couldn't get enough of this movie when it came on the scene, bizarre villains, campy plot and all. Though if I'm being honest I was a bigger fan of Forever.

LOL true enough, as a kid watching it with my dad it was perfect. It's only as I got older and my tastes changed that it lessened in my eyes, though I still fondly remember first watching it in theaters. The campiness just worked for me as a kid in the 90s.

#28 Edited by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

So....DC really thinks they have credibility in terms of who's up for the role after that blindsiding announcement about Affleck? But, because I don't really want this guy, it will probably be him

#29 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so this may be a very long shot but what do you think about.......Liam Hemsworth as DG? I think he has more skills than most give him credit for (I did not see Paranoia).

@smoothjammin, @nathaniel_christopher

#30 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so this may be a very long shot but what do you think about.......Liam Hemsworth as DG? I think he has more skills than most give him credit for (I did not see Paranoia).

I've only seen him in Hunger Games and Expendables 2. That being said, I think he definitely has the look down. And I liked his work in both films. Haven't seen enough of his work to say for sure though.

#32 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

I've only seen him in Hunger Games and Expendables 2. That being said, I think he definitely has the look down. And I liked his work in both films. Haven't seen enough of his work to say for sure though.

Same with me. There are a couple of things that excite me about the idea of him playing.

1) He has name (albeit, in large part because of his brother and an ill-fated relationship) but I think he might have the acting chops. I think Catching Fire will give us more of an indicator.

2) In my mind, he is not a super huge star, right now (but I kind of live under a rock so I could be wrong) so he should be relatively affordable. More importantly, I think that he at least has the look to carry his own franchise. Again...hopefully the acting chops are also there

3) He already has some semblance of a following. Granted, a lot of them are probably teeny-bopper preteen girls but, while they may be annoying in the theatre, their money is just as green as anyone else's. And DC needs all of the help it can get. Possibly also make the chance of seeing some sort of Nightwing solo movie a bit better

4) his brother,. If he got the part, what reporter would not jump on the fact that the brothers are in competing franchises. Again, this is nothing huge but would bring big recognition to the character and the DC movies

#33 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothjammin said:

LOL true enough, as a kid watching it with my dad it was perfect. It's only as I got older and my tastes changed that it lessened in my eyes, though I still fondly remember first watching it in theaters. The campiness just worked for me as a kid in the 90s.

Indeed my man, it's funny how perception is reality. If I could turn back the clock and watch the release/reruns of this godawful film realizing what I do know... well lets just say it would be nice to have all those hours back.

Only seen his short bit on Hunger Games. He certainly looks the part, if his acting is as good as his older brother's than I don't see why not.

we can all have a sigh of relief because he said its bs

Adam Driver Addresses the Rumor He Might Be Nightwing in BATMAN vs. SUPERMAN

video in link

http://collider.com/adam-driver-batman-vs-superman-nightwing/

What a relief. I don't know who starts these dreadful rumors but they certainly have a twisted sense of humor.

#34 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

Same with me. There are a couple of things that excite me about the idea of him playing.

1) He has name (albeit, in large part because of his brother and an ill-fated relationship) but I think he might have the acting chops. I think Catching Fire will give us more of an indicator.

2) In my mind, he is not a super huge star, right now (but I kind of live under a rock so I could be wrong) so he should be relatively affordable. More importantly, I think that he at least has the look to carry his own franchise. Again...hopefully the acting chops are also there

3) He already has some semblance of a following. Granted, a lot of them are probably teeny-bopper preteen girls but, while they may be annoying in the theatre, their money is just as green as anyone else's. And DC needs all of the help it can get. Possibly also make the chance of seeing some sort of Nightwing solo movie a bit better

4) his brother,. If he got the part, what reporter would not jump on the fact that the brothers are in competing franchises. Again, this is nothing huge but would bring big recognition to the character and the DC movies

Just watched another movie with him (With said ill fated love interest lol) and yeah he's not bad by any means. And again he certainly has the looks down. I agree on him not necessarily being a superstar so he shouldn't cost too much. I agree he's got the kind of face that people will follow from one movie to another regardless, and I think that works for a dude playing Dick Grayson. His brother being Thor does make things interesting.

Only problem is again the fact that the dude's so tall lol, six foot 3 inches. Nearly as tall as the next Batman, Ben Afleck. Not a huge deal. Just seems like the type of thing they'd want to avoid if the two ever appeared in a movie together.

#35 Posted by deaditegonzo (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling if he is in this movie, he will be used to fill Green Arrows role in Dark Knight Returns. I know Snyder said this wasnt an adaptation, but I have a feeling he is drawing inspiration at least.

#36 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: As awesome as that sounds I have my suspicions he'll probably just end up having a cameo being that the movie will focus so heavily on Bats/Supes. I hope you're right though

#37 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling if he is in this movie, he will be used to fill Green Arrows role in Dark Knight Returns. I know Snyder said this wasnt an adaptation, but I have a feeling he is drawing inspiration at least.

I still don't really think he'll appear myself. Not that it can't happen, I just don't see it. And Lord I hope the fight isn't like DKR, just because i'd prefer for them to do something original.

#38 Edited by dropkickjake (52 posts) - - Show Bio

In a movie that has already confirmed the presence of Batman, Superman, and Lex, I'd certainly hope that, if Grayson appears, it is only as a cameo. Any attempt at character development would feel rushed. Now, the exciting aspect here, is that this cameo could either lead to a greater role in the (assumed) following Batman movie franchise (prequel maybe, or a large supporting role as Nightwing), or possibly even a Titans spinoff.

Outside of the fact that the New Teen Titans apparently sold like hot cakes back in the day, the cartoon series left a pretty big mark on my generation (even if i did miss it). It would be tricky to include characters like Wally, Donna, Roy, or any incarnation of Aqualad (seeing as their mentors haven't even been introduced into the cannon yet), but a cartoon inspired team of Dick, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, and Beastboy could be accomplished. It could be WB/DC's X-Men fighter the way that Justice League would compete with Avengers.

Not that this will happen, but hey, its fun to dream, right?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.