Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9477 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Nightwing goes Blonde?

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JayAaerow

DC recently released a preview of Batman: Eternal Artwork And I noticed something as I looked at it.

Original Picture
    Original Picture
    Seeing, you...NIGHTWING?!?! .___.
    Seeing, you...NIGHTWING?!?! .___.

It seems not only does Nightwing survive Forever Evil....but dyes his hair. Now he's blonde! What're your thoughts on it? Do you like it? You think that it's a good enough disguise? Or does he need glasses to seal the deal?

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I won't be convinced that it's actually Dick until we see it in the books or someone from DC says that's Dick

GraysonMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope it is. If he does die in the Forever Evil story arc, I will be upset. So seeing this gives me hope, and I hope for the best.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The hairstyle and mask look like him, but i'm also not really convinced its him. Also, how exactly does that even count as a good disguise if it is him? I'd hope there'd be more to it than just dying his hair.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marionettegeist

"Following the event's of Forever Evil Nightwing... will be changed forever!"

"Following the event's of Forever Evil Nightwing'shair will be changed forever!"

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363 said:

"Following the event's of Forever Evil Nightwing... will be changed forever!"

"Following the event's of Forever Evil Nightwing'shair will be changed forever!"

LOL

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmoothJammin

Keen observation Jay. You can clearly see a resemblance. I'll go out on a limb and say it's Grayson. With any luck DC will use aryan Nightwing as only a temp fix until MMH comes back and restores everyone's brains to factory specs. What strikes me as odd is.. how the dark costume won't complement his softer complexion and loud hair! What is creative control thinking over there? Do they not know how to appropriately color coat one of their flagship heroes?! You've got a whole medley of tone going on o.O

On a more serious note, good job! I think I can sleep a little better at night knowing Dick's chances at survival have increased--if only slightly.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JayAaerow

Thanks , @smoothjammin.

I find it odd people keep thinking Calvin Rose is there instead. How is it him? I understand he's suppose to be tied to this but that doesn't mean he's going to be in the picture himself. Dick and Calvin look different.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also. Calvin doesn't wear a domino mask. Nightwing wears one all the time ever since he was Robin. Unless, again, I'm totally unaware of Calvin Rose going blonde and using a Domino Mask at some point I just don't know, how's is this Calvin?

No Caption Provided

I'm surprised at how pessimistic we are. I know Grayson is having one of those days but come on! This helps. I was expecting more blonde Richard Jokes and more "Could this really be him?" instead of "It looks like him and everything..but it's probably not him" or "This is totally someone different(And the guy people use also is different as far as I know)"

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alak

I can't say I'm a fan of the blonde hair, but if it means he'll survive Forever Evil, then I'll support it.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe that's what they'd go with for a disguise.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JayAaerow

@nathaniel_christopher said:

In the same universe where you avoid all suspicion with just glasses or admitting you fund your alias's equipment?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the same universe where you avoid all suspicion with just glasses or admitting you fund your alias's equipment?

There's a credible reason for Superman's disguise working, as it's been shown it goes far beyond just the glasses.

No Caption Provided

He basically changes his entire look, along with his mannerisms. Some writers are simply better are portraying this than others, and the movies and tv shows are just awful at doing it. Even in GA it was pointed out when Mia first appeared just how obvious it was that Green Arrow was Oliver Queen, and she notes he doesn't even bother to change his voice when in costume. The dude with the yellow hair looks exactly like Dick Grayson, just with yellow hair lol so again i'd certainly hope that given the vast resources at his disposal he'd put a little more effort into disguising himself.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayaaerow said:

There's a credible reason for Superman's disguise working, as it's been shown it goes far beyond just the glasses.

No Caption Provided

He basically changes his entire look, along with his mannerisms. Some writers are simply better are portraying this than others, and the movies and tv shows are just awful at doing it. Even in GA it was pointed out when Mia first appeared just how obvious it was that Green Arrow was Oliver Queen, and she notes he doesn't even bother to change his voice when in costume. The dude with the yellow hair looks exactly like Dick Grayson, just with yellow hair lol so again i'd certainly hope that given the vast resources at his disposal he'd put a little more effort into disguising himself.

I see. Coolio. who knows? There's probably more then we know.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Maybe it was just a coloring air. Hell in one the early issues of Superman, Superman was accidently colored a blond. Or maybe they just did to throw off the fans and get us all going.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not even against it being him, I just hope they actually put more effort into a disguise than making his hair blond. Hate when readers are treated like idiots.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm disappointed if that is actually him. I was hoping that with his identity exposed he would have accepted his new role and become a public hero so he can be that guy other heroes in the DC universe look towards again. Him coloring his hair makes me think he might try and hide away from that and go by a new name. Not really interested in those kind of stories.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maybe by the time this eternal thing happens,we got a new Robin,one that's a teenage boy? I don't think dick will die in this ridiculous forever evil event, but I don't think he'd dye his hair either. It'd seem out of character to me. Also,like you guys have said,it'd be a bad disguise.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayaaerow said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah and everyone knows Dick is Nightwing but no one knows that Clark is Superman, so people will notice Dick but not Clark, anyways if the blonde guy is Dick then he probably have to change his entire background and start living a new life.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

If they really wanted to disguise Dick, they could give him that EMP mask from The Black Mirror.

I hope he's the blonde, though. I want Dick alive and involved with the Bat-family.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

If they really wanted to disguise Dick, they could give him that EMP mask from The Black Mirror.

I hope he's the blonde, though. I want Dick alive and involved with the Bat-family.

He also used it in Nightwing #12 I believe, Part 1 of the 2 for the Lady Shiva Story. Total chance he could still use it.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayaaerow: He also used it in Batman #1 when he pretended to be the joker. I actually think he'll survive,but don't want him to try to hide too much,not that I like his identity being revealed,but since it happened,he should be in the center ring. He definitely needs an actual villains gallery though,no one of note so far. But I really don't like the blonde disguise,if that is the this they do,I think that's ridiculous.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By the_tree

I'm also hoping that with the blonde hair comes a blue costume. Wishful thinking.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: Blue,yes,blonde......please no. My opinion,but that' just something I wouldn't be too fond of. I'm just a "Newb 52" but the blue's a better look, plus,it's his iconic look,that's like messing with Batman's color scheme....... oh wait.......bad example. That's like replacing the bats color with ones that either look ridiculous or,don't fit the character well,like with dick. Even though it's one of my favorite colors it's gotta go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Now he just needs an earring and a gold chain.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I must be the only one who seriously thinks it's Jean-Paul Valley. Knightfall was massively successful and Bane is riding high still from the last film. It makes sense to me that they'd try to recapture that by rehashing the story in a new 52 version. I could, however, also see "Jean-Paul Valley" as a pseudonym taken by Nightwing as a new civilian identity.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#28  Edited By batmannflash

wow nice observation. I don't like the blonde hair look for Nightwing but since it means he's not dead, then it's okay.

But will he still be called "Nightwing?" If you think about it, he's blonde and running around with the Nightwing suit, the public will definitely know that he's Nightwing, also known as Dick Grayson. The only way to combat this is to dye his hair and have a different name/suit

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@fodigg said:

I must be the only one who seriously thinks it's Jean-Paul Valley. Knightfall was massively successful and Bane is riding high still from the last film. It makes sense to me that they'd try to recapture that by rehashing the story in a new 52 version. I could, however, also see "Jean-Paul Valley" as a pseudonym taken by Nightwing as a new civilian identity.

Valley was my first thought when I saw him as well.

I doubt it's Dick considering how often he is referred to as one of the most (if not the most) attractive comic book men in the DC Universe. I can't see them wanting to give him a whole new look if this is the general thought.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

As long as it's not supposed to be his disguise, I don't mind the blonde hair. It adds a little more distinction and befits his personality just as Tim's dark hair fits him and Jason's old ginger hair fit his personality.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it is. If he does die in the Forever Evil story arc, I will be upset. So seeing this gives me hope, and I hope for the best.

He is going to die.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I don't think he's going to die, what purpose would it serve? Due to the fact that he has become rather isolated in the new 52, his death wouldn't/shouldn't galvanize others into action. Not to mention it would make his entire reboot pointless....

I just hope that whatever direction they are going with Nightwing, it is forward, I think DC has done enough tearing him down...time to build him back up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.