Nightwing and Robin

#1 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather buy and Nightwing and Robin book rather than Batman and Robin. Even with Tomasi and Gleason being the creative team, I do not see myself pulling this book past the first arc. Though I would love to see a Batman and Red Robin book.

#2 Posted by Mr. Hamilton (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I also would love to read that book, the dynamic between Dick and Damian is way better than the one of Bruce and Damian

#3 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick and Damian are probably the best thing thats happened to Batman in years
#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the duo already. The book was great and popular not because it was only another Batman title, but because it was the one title that showcassed the relationship of the two.

#5 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur1528 said:
I would rather buy and Nightwing and Robin book rather than Batman and Robin. Even with Tomasi and Gleason being the creative team, I do not see myself pulling this book past the first arc. Though I would love to see a Batman and Red Robin book.
I like Dick and Damian as partners just as much as the next guy, but getting Nightwing and Robin and Batman and Red Robin books is just renaming titles that we've already had in the past. DC is looking to do something all new and all different, thus, we're getting Bruce and Damian. 

I, myself, long for the day where Tim resumes the mantle of Bruce's Robin, but I just don't think at this point it's a realistic progression for either character. I thought maybe the 'reboot' would have been a good opportunity to make this pairing again, but it seems that DC doesn't think so. Perhaps in the future, but even that is kind of iffy. 
#6 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Dick and Damien, but it's past time we saw Bruce and Damien.

#7 Edited by The_Tree (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing & Flamebird book with a Flamebird Damian? :P

#8 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@blur1528: I know what you mean by Nightwing and Robin, but I have to admit the first thing that came to mind was a series in which Dick Greyson has some sort of identiy crisis/multiple personality disorder...  At first, I laughed... But then I thought, "Hey, THAT could be interesting."
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@SmoothJammin said:
indeed...I don't wanna see Damian with Bruce to be honest.
#10 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@SmoothJammin said:

I think i would feel better about Bruce and Damian if Bruce wasnt in a million books.  
I know Dick is still Batman but I already miss him as Batman  :(
#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
@Primmaster64 said:
@SmoothJammin said:
I think i would feel better about Bruce and Damian if Bruce wasnt in a million books.  I know Dick is still Batman but I already miss him as Batman  :(
He's the Wolverine of DCU
#12 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm: Haha. I got half a mind to write that myself! 
@doordoor123: I concur. 
@The_Tree: I would like a Flamebird, but the name has always sounded a little queer to me(not that there's anything wrong with that) but Damien could make it badass
#13 Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio

why every body think bruce and damian are a bad team wait till you read the story then talk about bruce and damian and read the summuary on batman and robin. Dick is Nightwing and BRUCE IS BATMAN

#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should be with Red Robin and Nightwing should be with robin

#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkBird said:
why every body think bruce and damian are a bad team wait till you read the story then talk about bruce and damian and read the summuary on batman and robin. Dick is Nightwing and BRUCE IS BATMAN
We already did. It was called Batman: The return by Grant Morrison and David Finch 

Oh and btw this is fan-art but I thought it was worth having: 

The dynamic duo which i want to see     
#16 Posted by The_Dada_Dozen (21 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be great. 
@Nighthunter said:

@DarkBird said:
We already did. It was called Batman: The return by Grant Morrison and David Finch 

Oh and btw this is fan-art but I thought it was worth having: 

The dynamic duo which i want to see     
This is adorable!
#17 Posted by okayla (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but Bruce is Damian's dad.

He sort of needs to step in as a parental figure.  The duo was fun, but I've been wondering why the hell he was still living with Dick when his father is back at the mansion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.