Nightwing and _______?

• 71 results
#1 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would you be most interested in seeing become Dick's sidekick?

#2 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

For mine I'll think a little outside the box..

Nightwing! and........

..................Red X!!!

If you can pick up what I'm putting down, I think Dick Grayson is perfectly tailored for the role of Damian's mentor. He can hand Tim back the Robin mantle and form his own alias, establishing himself as Nightwing's new partner after feeling too corruptible under Batman's watch. To reflect his dark personality and almost knocking on both Red Robin and Red Hood, he becomes RED X

#3 Posted by Saren (24349 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler, maybe. Though I'd prefer a Cass/Steph team-up as hero and sidekick, assuming they ever show up in the new 52.

#4 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: If not Damian then I'm fine with Stephanie Brown. I can't stand the Spoiler identity, I still wish she was Batgirl so it might take some getting used to. What kind of name is Spoiler..? lol

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (13729 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is really nice to be his sidekick but he is with his father now as Robin,so I don't know who else.

#6 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Spoiler. I wouldn't mind Cassandra as his partner in sorts, but I'm sure many wouldn't like the prospect.

#7 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Bruce is probably the worst father ever. The man is unstable. What kind of example can he set for a child assassin?

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: Bruce isn't unstable. He may be a crap dad, but he's not mentally unstable (if that's what you're implying.)

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

ReVamp
BB

#10 Posted by Superguy0009e (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing and Firebird!!!

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (13729 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: He may not be a good father but he is better than Damian growing with his mother withing the League of Assassins.

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

ReVamp
BB

Ain't you so funny...

#13 Posted by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

ReVamp
BB

Ain't you so funny...

If you don't want the job then fine.
BB

#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it have to be a sidekick? Cause I want him to be partners with Supergirl.

#15 Edited by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

ReVamp
BB

Ain't you so funny...

BB

Wait, the job of being his partner or being Funny? Cause I want the latter, just not the former.

#16 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

ReVamp
BB

Ain't you so funny...

BB

Wait, the job of dating him or being Funny? Cause I want the latter, just not the former.

I thought he was talking about you being the sidekick.
#17 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

ReVamp
BB

Ain't you so funny...

BB

Wait, the job of dating him or being Funny? Cause I want the latter, just not the former.

I thought he was talking about you being the sidekick.

Yeah, I read the thread wrongly for a second. YOU JUST HAD TO QUOTE IT, DIDN'T YOU? I've edited, but now that you've quoetd it... Raises Flame Shields. I'm going to die. I mean seriously, I don't think I'm going to live this through.

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

:D
BB

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:Thought it was going to be worse...

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

Fine.
EVERYONE, Re WANTED DIDN'T WANT TO BE DICK'S PARTNER!
BB

#21 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8755 posts) - - Show Bio

I like seeing Dick going solo

#22 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp:

Fine.
BB

No, I meant about me thinking it was about being his lover which would impl--- Why do I do this sh*t to myself?

#23 Posted by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp:

Fine.
BB

No, I meant about me thinking it was about being his lover which would impl--- Why do I do this sh*t to myself?

hey, guys, re confessed it himself (:
BB

#24 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp:

Fine.
BB

hey, guys, re confessed it himself (:
BB

I didn't confess anything, I just implied what you were thinking.

#25 Posted by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson said:

@ReVamp:

Fine.
BB

hey, guys, re confessed it himself :)
BB

I didn't confess anything, I just implied what you were thinking.

suuuure
look, now re is derailing a nightwing thread, the shame ];
BB

#26 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: I'M DERAILING IT? Well, if that's the case you're trolling it >_>. At least we're keeping it bumped, so more people can come, god knows I'd love the Dick Grayson boards to get more traffic, it seems like we only have 3 regular players here...

#27 Posted by Billy Batson (56960 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Billy Batson: At least we're keeping Dick bumped, so more people can come, god knows I'd love the Dick Grayson to get more traffic, it seems like we only have 3 regular players...

BB

#28 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing and Ravager. They would make a cool pair

#29 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss said:

Nightwing and Ravager. They would make a cool pair

Eh... I think she's definitely better with him than Jason.

#30 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Spoiler, maybe. Though I'd prefer a Cass/Steph team-up as hero and sidekick, assuming they ever show up in the new 52.

Steph has been confirmed to show up in the new 52.

#31 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

New Character.

#32 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@soccersss: Wow, I hadn't thought that one through! Nice choice~

What a waste of talent if writers don't take advantage of Dick's popularity. It's fine if he has a solo book but why can't he be involved with another team/duo as well?

Btw, Vamp and BB thanks for hijacking my thread and keeping it from flatlining xD

#33 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

Damien or Ravager, but to be honest DIck can have anyone as a sidekick and he'll make it work. He proved that with Damien.

#34 Posted by Hawkanddove (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast boy, or starfire. Maybe even Tim Drake,or lastly a random kid he finds while on patrol whom has great acrobatics.

#35 Posted by The Stegman (20786 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing and Powergirl 

#36 Posted by The Stegman (20786 posts) - - Show Bio

Flamebird
#37 Edited by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

For mine I'll think a little outside the box..

Nightwing! and........

..................Red X!!!

If you can pick up what I'm putting down, I think Dick Grayson is perfectly tailored for the role of Damian's mentor. He can hand Tim back the Robin mantle and form his own alias, establishing himself as Nightwing's new partner after feeling too corruptible under Batman's watch. To reflect his dark personality and almost knocking on both Red Robin and Red Hood, he becomes RED X

wow, wouldnt have thought of putting Damien in the Red X costume. That would be a great idea and awesome to see. It even fit Damiens personality. I would choose Cassandra Caine as my second choice (lol i would like to see her outfit for Red X)

#38 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Simon Dark!

#39 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: My thoughts exaccccctly

@DEGRAAF: Hey man what's up! Even though it's highly unlikely DC will pull an animated character from TT(legal issues, creative disinterest, popularity as Robin) if Tomasi shocked everyone at the end of his run with this face/heel turn my jaw would drop. It's so crazy(but works!). Not only that, but remember DC nation is on cartoon network now and with it, Teen Titans! I pray we haven't seen the last of Red X.

Dick and Cassandra could use this time to patch up their differences pre crisis, although deep down I enjoy the idea of her in Tim's company.

@RoboShark:Whoa.

#40 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

With Ravager would be awesome. Better than with Jason imo.

#41 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Er...I don't think he's getting a sidekick any time sooner but I really liked to see him with Damian

#42 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10056 posts) - - Show Bio

I want steph or cassie AND to have it be in a separate book. We have Batman and Batman & Robin so why not Nightwing and Nightwing & Spoiler/BlackBat. AWWW YEAH SOUNDS DELICIOUS.

#43 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

All sexy options, people.

What if they just mind fukked us w/new continuity and made Helena his Robin in a simultaneous time frame as Batman mentored Tim? We've had two Batmen at the same time before. Who's to say there couldn't have been two robins?

#44 Posted by tamabone (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing and Flamebird. It just sounds so natural.

#45 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@tamabone: From what I've heard, Flamebird's stomping grounds are over in Batwoman so unless she crosses over into Nightwing it's a def. no-no. My thing is that Dick's a people's person. You get the best stories when Nightwing teams up with other heroes, which is why I think we need a brave and the bold book. He's the one who would benefit the most from it.

#46 Posted by notquitevarsity (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: Nightwing and Rex X Damien would literally be the best thing ever.

But besides that I'd like to see Dick mentor Someone new. I think he would be a better teacher than Batman.

Also I'd love to see him team up with Captain Marvel.

#47 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@notquitevarsity Yessss Captain Marvel draws a nice parallel to Bruce and Clark! OMG how did I forget about that combo after having watched Young Justice on CN like a lunatic ... jeez man, that's brilliant. lol I can picture Dick, Billy and Damian all sitting together in the Batcave eating cereal and watching cartoons xD

#48 Edited by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

A cover to one of the greatest stories never told. Nightwing and Flamebird!

#49 Posted by tamabone (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: A Nightwing team-up book would be so cool. He already knows everyone in the DC universe anyway.

#50 Edited by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

OK got it...This one sounds much better than NW and FB!!!

DC comics presents,

The Tales of Nightwing and Bluejay

/boom.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.