Nightwing again?

#1 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing 1 cover

A blue nightwing to red night wing? U know he should be called Red Wing instead, and Red Robin should be renamed into The Cardinal.
#2 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is Dick's persona. This is what most people can't understand. The mantle didn't change him and that's how things should be. Now he's back to where he left off.. and personally, I like the red. Makes him look like a ninja lol 
Tim can call himself whatever he wants but he's at that age where he has to begin forging his path. He should thank Dick for helping him realize this goal.
#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio
@SmoothJammin said:
Nightwing is Dick's persona. This is what most people can't understand. The mantle didn't change him and that's how things should be. Now he's back to where he left off.. and personally, I like the red. Makes him look like a ninja lol Tim can call himself whatever he wants but he's at that age where he has to begin forging his path. He should thank Dick for helping him realize this goal.
This post is DH-approved. 
#4 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:
Nightwing is Dick's persona. This is what most people can't understand. The mantle didn't change him and that's how things should be. Now he's back to where he left off.. and personally, I like the red. Makes him look like a ninja lol Tim can call himself whatever he wants but he's at that age where he has to begin forging his path. He should thank Dick for helping him realize this goal.

I love you. No, but seriously, both Nightwing AND Robin are his personas. Robin was the identity created to compliment and temper Batman on his already-troubling career early on, while Nightwing was invented for his solo endeavors. Dick taking on the mantle of Batman to honor Bruce mirrors Tim taking on the role of Robin to honor his idol. "Red Robin" suits Tim quite nicely. "Cardinal" sounds like a superhero of white supremacists.  
#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Dick take up a name that had to do with Robin while anyone else with a name associated to robin change their names.  

I love the name nightwing but i thought the reason why they called dick Robin was because that was his stage name or his nick name his mom used to call him

#6 Posted by Alurvelve (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the black and blue better. I think that color suits him better than red.

#7 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him as Nightwing that identity is what made him more  independent , more of who he is now . 

#8 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty much a given that when Bruce actually dies, we won't see this mind you, Grayson will become Batman, but this still feels like a step back. He's the prodigal son.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.