New Artist For NIGHTWING (rumors)!

#1 Edited by Squalleon (4640 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5957 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I don't like this news.

#3 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

horrible news. Squalleon you are a harbinger of death lol. Booth's art is so basic, all his faces look the same. He's the main reason I dropped Teen Titans! If he takes on Nightwing I'll give him a chance. I won't be happy about it, but then again I really don't have a choice :( horrible news

#4 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Anytime Liefeld has a say you know it's bad.

#5 Posted by Squalleon (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Anytime Liefeld has a say you know it's bad.

Indeed! Barrows starts with Teen Titans #17

And Nightwing 17 is penciled by Juan Juse Ryp

#6 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like this news either, not a fan of brett booths nightwing

#7 Posted by Squalleon (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

Some examples of Brett Booth's Nightwing

I really like the YJ look but i don't like the faces.Every character looks the same!

#8 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: I wish we got the young justice nightwing

#9 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: See? That looks like sh!t... sigh i wouldnt have a problem with eddy barrows leaving if we got someone who was at least more decent than that

#10 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

YJ is the ideal Nightwing: Utilility belts, stealth, body armor, + an actual bird symbol. Overall a cleaner, sleek look.

#11 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox: What happened to all the talk about taking Nightwing forwards. This diminishes his value

#12 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: I have no idea what youre talking about

#13 Posted by Squalleon (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox: I don't exactly like brett's art(except faces and colors GOD i hate the coloring) but from the abomination of issue's 13-14 it is better.Anyway i loved Barrows art and it is sad seeing him leave.But DC's good artists are need to fill the comics of Bats and Supes :-P

@SmoothJammin said:

@Squalleon: I wish we got the young justice nightwing

me too

have you notised that nightwings suit is always better in the Animated series

#14 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: Ok, ill admit that hes way waaaay better than that, but that guy was probably just a fill-in artist, i dont think any of us thought that was going to be the new artist

I really dont like booths art, his faces suck, his art is filled with lines (even more than liefeld i would say) and theres something i dont like about the way he draws bodies, i cant quite putmy finger on that one

#15 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox: There was buzz about bringing Nightwing to the forefront of DC when the new 52 was launched. Issues like these squander any sort of progress.

#16 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

@Squalleon: Ok, ill admit that hes way waaaay better than that, but that guy was probably just a fill-in artist, i dont think any of us thought that was going to be the new artist

I really dont like booths art, his faces suck, his art is filled with lines (even more than liefeld i would say) and theres something i dont like about the way he draws bodies, i cant quite putmy finger on that one

They look like barbie dolls.

#17 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: Oh i get you now, yeah i think nightwing should be more important now, but its probably not happening

For example, i dont think hes going to be in trinity war and if he is he wont be important

#18 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a regular Nightwing reader, though I love his character. I've only picked up the Night of the Owl tie-ins and plan to do the same when the Death of the Family arc begins for him.

I remember I was really impressed from what I saw of Eddy Barrows on these issues. While Brett Booth isn't a bad, I think this is a step down for Nightwing...if a small one.

#19 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@Stormbox said:

@Squalleon: Ok, ill admit that hes way waaaay better than that, but that guy was probably just a fill-in artist, i dont think any of us thought that was going to be the new artist

I really dont like booths art, his faces suck, his art is filled with lines (even more than liefeld i would say) and theres something i dont like about the way he draws bodies, i cant quite putmy finger on that one

They look like barbie dolls.

Yeah, thats probably it

#20 Posted by BatWatch (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

Brett Booth's work struck me as a bit too smooth originally, but it has grown on me, and I've come to really like it. I would love to see him draw Nightwing.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

Booths art isnt bad it just his faces all look the same.

#22 Posted by The_Tree (7737 posts) - - Show Bio

That's disappointing, I hate Booth's art.

Online
#23 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this time they'll get someone who can actually do the art for a run of issues. Don't get me wrong, I love Barrows' work, but I don't like how he'd only actually draw anything for say 1 issue out of every 3 (aside from the odd page here and there). Yes his work is great but I really don't see why he couldn't feature in more issues, David Finch was able to combine writing and artwork duties (granted his writing sucked) and still managed to get all the artwork done for each issue whilst spending time on writing duties and said artwork is arguably the best in the New 52 (certainly for Bat-titles). A similar thing can be said of Tony Daniel. I just don't get why Barrows only contributed so intermittently, its made the series quite inconsistent when it comes to artwork because no artists will draw the characters in the exact same way and the standards of the work are way to changeable.

#24 Posted by Freddy_F_Freeman (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

Booths art isnt bad it just his faces all look the same.

this. ive never disliked his art on TT but after looking through more of his work all the faces really look the same

#25 Edited by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad we can't get Tony Daniel. He's draws up a mean Nightwing

Marcus To's pencils are pretty b!tchin, too.

#26 Posted by darkwingdan (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: Agreed, the only really stellar part of Battle for the Cowl was Daniel's art. The writing was just okay, which is par for the course for TD.

#27 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm gonna get flack for this, but I would like to see an arc with Scott Mcdaniel. For nostalgic reasons of course.

#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92871 posts) - - Show Bio

No me gusta.

Moderator
#29 Edited by Nightwing_Beyond (162 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that someone a little high profile should be the artist for Nightwing. Nightwing has been the only batbook besides Batman to hit the #1 series mark on the DC app so getting an artist that is more widely appreciated could get the book even more notoriety.

#30 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

it is definitely a change of style, but be grateful guys. Booth's style may not appeal to some, but he is really detailed and draws really smooth and fluently. Barrows being on TT is weird, considering that Barrows draws really realistically and alittle bit more down to earth than lets say Booth. But since Rocafort's talents left RHTO, us hoodies wouldnt mind taking Booth off your hands ;P Green isnt detailed and not the best fit unlike Booth, Rocafort, and Barrows are, so be glad with what you got

#31 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Rockafort could do well on Nightwing. But not Booth. I've been saying since I first started reading comics that all his faces look the same.

#32 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for a new artist! The only reason I don't follow Nightwing every issue is because the art doesn't blow me away. Maybe Booth will change that.

#33 Posted by darkwingdan (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Eddy Barrows is a phenomenal artist. However, I don't think his art style suits Nightwing very well. I thought the artwork for the character was best when it was Scott McDaniel, Phil Hester and Cliff Chiang penciling. Their art styles are very kinetic and, in my opinion, the most suitable for Nightwing's athletic ability and generally optimistic personality. The same goes for Jock, when he was penciling Detective Comics during Scott Snyder's run. I think that Booth is a step closer towards that kind of energetic art that the character demands.

#34 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by darkwingdan (189 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: ok....that is cool!

Moderator
#37 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking Booth's style is going to fit Nightwing wonderfully. Remember how Scott Mcdaniel was at his best on Nightwing, I feel the same is in store for Booth.

#38 Posted by darkwingdan (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwingdg: Exactly this.

#39 Posted by Oblivious (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see F. Quitely to take over Barrows.

#40 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

hope he does a good job.love the alterations to the suit.

#41 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Boo :( I was a real big fan of the barrows/reis combo. Although Im not dropping Nightwing for this. :)

#42 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@fury714 said:

Boo :( I was a real big fan of the barrows/reis combo. Although Im not dropping Nightwing for this. :)

Of course you're not going to drop Nightwing for this.This is a bit of an improvement(TO THE SUIT'S DESIGN),in my opinion.So...why the boo? Also i've never read anything with booth's art so....

#43 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperJedi17 said:

@fury714 said:

Boo :( I was a real big fan of the barrows/reis combo. Although Im not dropping Nightwing for this. :)

Of course you're not going to drop Nightwing for this.This is a bit of an improvement(TO THE SUIT'S DESIGN),in my opinion.So...why the boo? Also i've never read anything with booth's art so....

I'll give him credit for the redesign but he hasn't won me over with his awful back to back covers for #19 and #20. If you're a new comic book fan does this art really scream at you and say BUY ME ... ? It looks like ass. Like literally, an open asshole. Kyle's going to have to write a hell of a story to keep my ADD fixed on the page. Maybe it'll grow on me like Eddy Barrows art has.

#44 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@fury714 said:

Boo :( I was a real big fan of the barrows/reis combo. Although Im not dropping Nightwing for this. :)

Of course you're not going to drop Nightwing for this.This is a bit of an improvement(TO THE SUIT'S DESIGN),in my opinion.So...why the boo? Also i've never read anything with booth's art so....

I'll give him credit for the redesign but he hasn't won me over with his awful back to back covers for #19 and #20. If you're a new comic book fan does this art really scream at you and say BUY ME ... ? It looks like ass. Like literally, an open asshole. Kyle's going to have to write a hell of a story to keep my ADD fixed on the page. Maybe it'll grow on me like Eddy Barrows art has.

I'll have to agree that the #19 issue is really bad with it being really generic.Not sure what to think of the #20 cover though.I do like the redesign anyway.

#45 Posted by SUNMAN (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

poor Nightwing

#46 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

https://twitter.com/NormRapmund/status/299942901050380288/photo/1

#47 Posted by danhimself (22631 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what the complaints are about...I love Booth's work and am really excited for him to start his run on Nightwing

#48 Edited by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I don't see what the complaints are about...I love Booth's work and am really excited for him to start his run on Nightwing

I cannot stand his faces! But I thank him/Higgins for the fingerstripes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.