new 52 Nightwing Respect Thread

• 170 results
#101 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing 19 was such a great issue! I really enjoyed Booths art.

#102 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

i have to agree, 19 was awesome but i didnt enjoy the art as much as i thought i would. i wish it was still eddy barrows

#103 Posted by Alak (868 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that 19 was a good issue. It had a lot of cool feats, and to be honest it brought back memories of Bludhaven (mostly because of the train scenes). Both pre-52 and new-52 Nightwings seem to really love riding on top of trains.

#104 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver said:

i have to agree, 19 was awesome but i didnt enjoy the art as much as i thought i would. i wish it was still eddy barrows

Barrows art was great. I would love for him to come back to Nightwing! But if we cant have Barrows im pretty content with Booth.

#105 Posted by Lvenger (16049 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Very nice feats for Nightwing. This series is one of the few titles I am tempted to get.

#106 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent feats. The series is really going. Only wish the trades would come out sooner so I didn't have to keep borrowing copies or reading them in the book store lol.

#107 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: You're welcome man!!

@lvenger: Oh yeah. I had my doubts about the direction of the title, but now they are gone..:)

#109 Edited by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: @alak: @dark_guyver: @nathaniel_christopher: @knightrise: more scans

Nightwing 20

Flip backwards from a building to another (Notice the distance between them).
Using his analytical skills he's capable to know if someone is lying.

Saving a man from being electrocuted. Despite the Prankster hack his lenses computers and leave him practically blind,Nightwing use his senses and was able to dodge his weapons.

#110 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the panel of him analyzing his informant like that. That's something we don't see often, but a skill Dick should definitely have. Helps for interrogation purposes. A lot of the times you'll just have a member of the Bat Family question someone without things like this being shown, and it looks like they're just assuming the person is lying without any real proof.

#111 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I heard Booth is done on art duty after issue 21 so he can work on JLA. Do you know if this is true? If so who's taking his place?

#112 Posted by MissJ (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: Yep, Booth is officially off after #21. The new artist is already pencilling #22, but I don't believe he's been announced yet officially.

Staff
#113 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: It's true,but i don't know who will replace him

#114 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: @missj: Thanks for the replies! That's kind of a bummer. I was liking Booths art. Hopefully Nightwing gets someone just as good. It deserves it.

#115 Edited by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

From @alak :

• Wingdings (essentially shuriken tailored towards his theme)
  • Grapple gun (similar, if not identical, to Batman's)
  • Escrima sticks (now able to discharge electricity strong enough to incapacitate multiple opponents simultaneously)
  • Handcuffs
  • Bolas
  • Gas mask

Those are items independent from his suit. He would actually have to take them out of... whatever hidden space he keeps them in (gloves, belt, boots, pockets, other places we shouldn't know about?) prior to using them in a fight.

Here's a list of what we currently know about Nightwing's New 52 suit and what it brings to this fight:

• Strong enough to take two direct shots in the back from CPD assault rifles, allowing Dick to get back up within the next panel. He claims its composition is more advanced than Kevlar... but Higgins didn't disclose the material's name itself. For now, we assume it's comic book science since he can still do acrobatic feats such as dodging machine guns, taser-whips, etc.
  • Insulation from electricity.
  • Nomex protects it from being burned.
  • Is wired with a 150,000-volt taser that can be discharged through his hands upon contact.
  • Gauntlets and boots appear to be armored, but this is judged solely on the artistic design. There are no feats to reinforce this notion as of yet.
  • Left gauntlet fires a sonic device that emits a pitch powerful enough to stun everyone inside of Gotham's clock tower.
  • Ear dampeners that protect him from sonic weaponry such as the one he carries. Should be noted that said dampeners were not sufficient enough to fully protect Dick from his own sonic device since he was obviously in a state of pain (although, he was capable of fighting).
  • Right gauntlet fires up to three explosive devices (each about the size of a coin) at once which are powerful enough to destroy the giant clock from said tower. Should be noted that the explosion somehow demolished the structure to the point where it took the form of dust as it fell onto the populace below. Again, this is probably comic book science.
  • His mask acts as a computer that feeds him information and analyzes it. It sends and receives radio signals, and capable of matching the same frequencies as the signals emitted from psychics in order to send them painful feedback. I would say that last part is comic book science, but I have no clue how a psionic mind operates in a real world scenario. Anyway, based on the most recent issue (#20), his mask can be hacked and shut down.

Well, I just had to re-read Nightwing #1-20 in order to write this post.

#116 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio
#117 Edited by NightwingEscrima (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers

Agility

Attractive Male

Escape Artist

Gadgets

Insanely Rich

Intellect

Leadership

Stamina

Stealth

Unarmed Combat

Weapon Master

lol

#118 Posted by Alak (868 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have the scans from the latest issue? I personally think Nightwing had one of his greatest New 52 speed feats in this one. Took down an entire (armed) CPD team while Prankster was climbing to the roof... and Dick still got to the roof before Prankster did.

#119 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

@missj: @dark_guyver: @smoothjammin: @nightwingescrima: More scans

@alak: Thanks for the caption..LOL.

Nightwing 21

While blind and out of time,Dick use his deductive skills to discover a way out.
Take down a bunch CPD officers,while Prankster was climbing the roof and Dick still got to the roof before Prankster did.

#120 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

You know like any Nightwing fan I enjoy seeing Dick go toe to toe with superpowered beings and highly trained martial artists, and come out on top. However, I always especially enjoy seeing him (Or really any member of the Bat Family) use his detective skills, because it's kind of taken for granted that he has them, and that he was the first person trained by the World's Greatest Detective. Yeah he's an amazing acrobat, martial artist, crime fighter, and a leader, but even still he's also a detective as well, and I wish that'd show up in his books more often.

#121 Posted by Alak (868 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher:

Completely agree. His detective skills are certainly underestimated, even among Bat-fans.

#122 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio
#123 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio
#124 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: You're the best. Thanks for the resourceful scans.. can't get over that spidey shot of him hanging upside down lol. Much appreciated

#125 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Posted by JayAaerow (418 posts) - - Show Bio

I was surprised no one put his battle with Lady Shiva up. Not many get compliments from her nor survive her(Being left alive by her is something notheworthy even)

For someone who was outclassed and injured prior to this battle, he at least did okay at best..........eh....It was noteworthy cause Shiva made comments about his potential and his current level and we all know you cannot go against her. she's scarier than Batman :P And she alludes that her target COULD OF BEEN Nightwing(It was never cleared up).

Anyway, i know this isn't recent but i thought it would have been a nice add, as I didn't see it in the earlier posts.

#127 Posted by Alak (868 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

I thought the office scene was really cool. It's another great speed feat that Nightwing has going for him, being able to appear and disappear in a blink of an eye. It's not like the mayor turned his back on him, but Dick still managed to vanish in brought daylight (without windows that open). This Chicago arc keeps getting better and better!

#128 Posted by wonderbrat (62 posts) - - Show Bio

OMGGGGGGGGG nooooooo,why is his bat looking thing not blue?the red makes me think of terry micginnis

#129 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally for the greatest and loved of all partners: Nightwing

Let's take a look at the new Nightwing feats in this new universe:

To see another New 52 Respect Thread,click here:http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/57-10/new-52-respect-threads/92-672946/

This is the most impressive agility/speed feats ever,Grayson was able to catch a speeding train and defeat a psycopath in mere seconds
I think Dick Grayson agility is comparable with Spider-Man
Despite Saiko being physically superior ,Dick was able to match with him

Hey,regarding this feat of him defeating that Psychopath,wouldn't it take more than seconds?

I mean,in trying to get on the train and defeating the psychopath and the pauses and such,wouldn't it take like 2 minutes?

With that,would he be faster than Batman?

#130 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: At least two minutes and half. I wouldn't say more faster than Batman,because he's at peak human perfection and Dick Grayson isn't,but it is arguably more agile than Batman and how use agility along with its speed, he seems to be more faster.

#131 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is Peak Human for his size

#132 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: At least two minutes and half. I wouldn't say more faster than Batman,because he's at peak human perfection and Dick Grayson isn't,but it is arguably more agile than Batman and how use agility along with its speed, he seems to be more faster.

I agree on this

#133 Edited by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio
#135 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio
#136 Posted by cameron83 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio
#137 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

On his battle with the Prankster up there, wanna point out that's further proof, New 52 Proof, that when Dick fights he always has an excellent awareness of his surroundings.

#139 Posted by Alak (868 posts) - - Show Bio

Did some catching up today with issue 24 and I agree that was a great moment for Nightwing. I was a little disappointed that the annual didn't have anything particularly noteworthy feat for him.

#140 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio
#141 Edited by JayAaerow (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing 25

Outmaneuvers Amygdala and defeats him. Note he's not even Robin at the point and still has "the makings" of a hero. He also displays great agility, being the only Teen to be able to engage him.

Is aware of his surroundings and what happens. Even without training from Batman, he was able to do this and this skill is shown within the Nightwing series.

Here, we see that Dick Grayson is a team player, much like his Pre-52 counterpart. Note that he only thinks of the plan while in danger. He's noted to have lead many teams, but only if needed. And even before Robin, he shows a quality like that.

#142 Posted by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio
#143 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

This has to be my favorite thread on the DG board.

#144 Posted by JayAaerow (418 posts) - - Show Bio
#145 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayaaerow: @matchesmalone21: Do you fellas know if there's any way you can upload scans from comixology or is it not permitted?

#146 Posted by JayAaerow (418 posts) - - Show Bio
#147 Posted by Mitrageist (7179 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothjammin: You can screenshot. I don't think you can upload directly from comixology, though.

#148 Edited by matchesmalone21 (7634 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothjammin: I really don't know,but you could save the scans on your pc and then post here.

#149 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayaaerow: @mitran: @matchesmalone21: Appreciate the prompt replies! Will look into screen shotting some scans whenever I come across something nice. Thanks again

#150 Posted by JayAaerow (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc.

Disguises himself as Batman on Bruce's Orders

Along with Batman Inc, fights off 30 of the World's Greatest Assassins

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.