new 52 Nightwing Respect Thread

  • 186 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#51 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Awesome scans

#52 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

#53 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^Huge character development right there. Wing can be just as ruthless as Jason or Batman.

#54 Posted by darktiger (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

good respect thread as always my friend and dick grayson is one of my favorite characters

#55 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a stupid move when they made him kill the joker because its totally against what he is about. They would had never made bruce do it

#56 Posted by havoc1201 (490 posts) - - Show Bio

what issue was that from?

#57 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome scans, lets see more.

#58 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

Well, somebody had to step up and do it at some point.

#59 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher:Joker took him into a really dark place. It's slightly justified, the man came off murdering Jason and crippling his ex-girlfriend. He'd unleashed Killer Croc on poor Tim. How does one Dick Grayson react to that after returning home from a long vacation...? Simple. Dick tossed the rulebook out the window and relied on what he does best. He followed his instincts. In that moment Nightwing made a solid commitment in his mind: He refused to let them down. All I can say is, I hope history repeats itself.

When it comes to Joker, sustaining your principles simply isn't enough. The law becomes irrelevant. In the endless struggle, Batman will always refuse to pull the trigger not because of his unwavering mental fortitude but the fear that lies deeper, that in doing so he'll crack. This is why I applaud Nightwing's boldness. There's no shame in standing up for what you believe in, even if you're alone. Good riddance!

(I know mine isn't a popular opinion but whatever lol)

#60 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher:Joker took him into a really dark place. It's slightly justified, the man came off murdering Jason and crippling his ex-girlfriend. He'd unleashed Killer Croc on poor Tim. How does one Dick Grayson react to that after returning home from a long vacation...? Simple. Dick tossed the rulebook out the window and relied on what he does best. He followed his instincts. In that moment Nightwing made a solid commitment in his mind: He refused to let them down. All I can say is, I hope history repeats itself.

When it comes to Joker, sustaining your principles simply isn't enough. The law becomes irrelevant. In the endless struggle, Batman will always refuse to pull the trigger not because of his unwavering mental fortitude but the fear that lies deeper, that in doing so he'll crack. This is why I applaud Nightwing's boldness. There's no shame in standing up for what you believe in, even if you're alone. Good riddance!

(I know mine isn't a popular opinion but whatever lol)

The real problem I have with Joker is that after a certain point people become right when they say it's partially the fault of the heroes when he breaks out of jail and offs someone, because they could've taken him out before then. If it was someone like Darkseid who rarely ever shows up that's one thing, but with Joker, who breaks out so much and has described Arkham as a resting place I believe, there's a line that has to be drawn. I mean, at what point do you stop putting him there and start expecting him to break out?

And I have to say I would like for Dick to be taken to that dark place again at some point. It's happened in the past, its happened with Green Arrow a few times, Hal Jordan took it maybe a bit too far, but you have him kill a villain and actually deal with the fallout, instead of a cop out happening.

#61 Posted by BatWatch (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that was a nice...issue.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I have an article coming out that addresses some untraditional Batman theories, and one of them is that Dick Grayson might kill Joker to defend the family which would cause a schism in the family. I can see him doing it.

#62 Posted by utkanflash (385 posts) - - Show Bio

ı dont like his new hair style and red/black costume... I'm still a nightwing fan..But short hair and blue/black costume better 

#63 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch said:

Well, that was a nice...issue.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I have an article coming out that addresses some untraditional Batman theories, and one of them is that Dick Grayson might kill Joker to defend the family which would cause a schism in the family. I can see him doing it.

It'd be interesting, and that would definitely make everyone see him in a new light. I think Bruce would react the worst out of the lot, with Damian being the one who really stands by him.

#64 Posted by BatWatch (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Well, that was a nice...issue.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I have an article coming out that addresses some untraditional Batman theories, and one of them is that Dick Grayson might kill Joker to defend the family which would cause a schism in the family. I can see him doing it.

It'd be interesting, and that would definitely make everyone see him in a new light. I think Bruce would react the worst out of the lot, with Damian being the one who really stands by him.

I think Damian would be the most interesting figure of the family in this scenario. He would be extremely loyal to his big brother Dick, and we know he does not have any problem with killing, but he desperately craves Bruce's approval, and Damian has tried to adopt a new code. I would love to see how that conflict would be resolved.

Here is that article by the way.

#65 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Well, that was a nice...issue.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I have an article coming out that addresses some untraditional Batman theories, and one of them is that Dick Grayson might kill Joker to defend the family which would cause a schism in the family. I can see him doing it.

It'd be interesting, and that would definitely make everyone see him in a new light. I think Bruce would react the worst out of the lot, with Damian being the one who really stands by him.

I think Damian would be the most interesting figure of the family in this scenario. He would be extremely loyal to his big brother Dick, and we know he does not have any problem with killing, but he desperately craves Bruce's approval, and Damian has tried to adopt a new code. I would love to see how that conflict would be resolved.

Here is that article by the way.

Nightwing has already experienced "Death of Morality" in a way. Remember when Dick beat Joker to death in Joker's Last Laugh? Batman resuscitated Joker and the family stayed together. The experience arguably made Nightwing a better person.

"Death of Integrity" sounds interesting, though. This scenario would also call for Batman to learn the value of life, no?

#66 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

@BatWatch said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Well, that was a nice...issue.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I have an article coming out that addresses some untraditional Batman theories, and one of them is that Dick Grayson might kill Joker to defend the family which would cause a schism in the family. I can see him doing it.

It'd be interesting, and that would definitely make everyone see him in a new light. I think Bruce would react the worst out of the lot, with Damian being the one who really stands by him.

I think Damian would be the most interesting figure of the family in this scenario. He would be extremely loyal to his big brother Dick, and we know he does not have any problem with killing, but he desperately craves Bruce's approval, and Damian has tried to adopt a new code. I would love to see how that conflict would be resolved.

Here is that article by the way.

Nightwing has already experienced "Death of Morality" in a way. Remember when Dick beat Joker to death in Joker's Last Laugh? Batman resuscitated Joker and the family stayed together. The experience arguably made Nightwing a better person.

"Death of Integrity" sounds interesting, though. This scenario would also call for Batman to learn the value of life, no?

Death of integrity would definitely shock everyone to their core and cause people to reevaluate Bruce.

#67 Posted by BatWatch (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor:

Actually, I didn't know about that until I posted that article. Since then, people have mentioned that. I've read some of Last Laugh, but I did not make it to the conclusion.

I think the death of integrity plot line would more reveal how Batman learned the value of life while causing the rest of the Bat Clan to develop their own moral code.

Thanks for reading my article. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I know! That's why I would like to see it.

#68 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch: No problem at all.

#69 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing 14

Nightwing 15

#70 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Dick Grayson, he's one of my favourite characters.

The problem I find with books like Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws etc, is that nothing of any real significance can really happen because they're not the flagship books of their respective franchise. It makes me feel like reading them is a little bit of a waste of time.

The Raya thing in Nightwing 15 was kind of sad, but I'm not massively gutted by it. I'm sure Dick will get over it in a few issues time.

#71 Posted by BatWatch (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I love Dick Grayson, he's one of my favourite characters.

The problem I find with books like Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws etc, is that nothing of any real significance can really happen because they're not the flagship books of their respective franchise. It makes me feel like reading them is a little bit of a waste of time.

The Raya thing in Nightwing 15 was kind of sad, but I'm not massively gutted by it. I'm sure Dick will get over it in a few issues time.

That was my feeling about Nightwing 15 as well. People talked about it as if it was a shocking death, but killing off the sexual partner of a hero is hardly surprising. This move has been done dozens and dozens and dozens of times.

I think significant things can happen, but I don't think much of anything significant has happened in Nightwing. If feels like he is just treading water as a character.

#72 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (153 posts) - - Show Bio
As of the 24th of December 2012, the New 52 Nightwing series just hit #1 on the DC comics app beating out heavy hitters like Batman and Smallville for the first time! Nightwing also got the #1 issue spot for Nightwing #15 as well. Kyle Higgins has done a spectacular job with the character and I for one couldn't be happier that he's getting the recognition he deserves for his work on Nightwing. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time any batbook other thanScott Snyder's Batman, to hold the #1 series spot since the New 52 went digital. Looking forward to what Kyle has in store for us with issue #16.
#73 Posted by richardjohngrayson (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nightwing_Beyond said:
As of the 24th of December 2012, the New 52 Nightwing series just hit #1 on the DC comics app beating out heavy hitters like Batman and Smallville for the first time! Nightwing also got the #1 issue spot for Nightwing #15 as well. Kyle Higgins has done a spectacular job with the character and I for one couldn't be happier that he's getting the recognition he deserves for his work on Nightwing. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time any batbook other thanScott Snyder's Batman, to hold the #1 series spot since the New 52 went digital. Looking forward to what Kyle has in store for us with issue #16.
That is awesome.
#74 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Bizzare that Nightwing issue 15 got top spot, wasn't all that special in all honesty, just a standard tie in issue that Higgins did his best to make readable.

#75 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy to hear the series is so popular and that the character's being recognized for it,in terms of Raya's death however no I wasn't fazed. It's really the same problem I had with Saiko's death. They introduce these characters, have them around for a bit, and then kill them off. Not really a lot of time for us to grow to care for them (As we do say Lois Lane or Selina Kyle) and it does nothing to add to the Nightwing cast.

#76 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@LuigiBat: I guess what has people so excited is the large impact this arc will have on Nightwing. Higgins stated that this arc will insight big changes in the book for months to come. Plus, Joker and Nightwing rarely interact so it's interesting to see the dynamic between Joker and Nightwing. The only good Joker/Nightwing story I can recall is Last Laugh which was good but, you never really got to see what the Joker thinks of Nightwing. New frontiers being explored in Joker and Nightwing makes up for the lack of immense excitement for readers I suppose. I'm mainly happy about the #1 spot news because that may entice DC to get a kickass artist for the book after Eddy Barrows leaves since it's getting popular.

#77 Posted by vernierhawk001 (533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Well, that was a nice...issue.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I have an article coming out that addresses some untraditional Batman theories, and one of them is that Dick Grayson might kill Joker to defend the family which would cause a schism in the family. I can see him doing it.

It'd be interesting, and that would definitely make everyone see him in a new light. I think Bruce would react the worst out of the lot, with Damian being the one who really stands by him.

It would be really interesting. I think it would also cause Jason to see Dick in a new light, Babs to maybe be angry at Dick (for taking her "kill"??? or trying to "defend" her and, thus, making her feel like she is being babied on some level.

Sounds like there's an article I need to check out :)

#78 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

Happy to hear the series is so popular and that the character's being recognized for it,in terms of Raya's death however no I wasn't fazed. It's really the same problem I had with Saiko's death. They introduce these characters, have them around for a bit, and then kill them off. Not really a lot of time for us to grow to care for them (As we do say Lois Lane or Selina Kyle) and it does nothing to add to the Nightwing cast.

This hits the nail on the head for me, it's all well and good to introduce a character like Raya/Saiko but they have to be built up over time. With Raya it was like "She's some girl Dick grew up with in the circus and then f**ked upon his return to the circus only to find she was involved in a plot against him", I really couldn't care less about her dying, sure the manner in which Joker treated her was sick and horrific but I couldn't really pity her after her final appearance in an issue saw showed her taking part in a plot to kill Dick. Same goes for Saiko really, the guy could've made for an interesting character throughout the Court of Owls saga but instead was killed off just before it really kicked off, given his being kicked out of the Court (deemed unworthy or whatever) I'd be curious to see just how Saiko would act when the Court attempted to take control of Gotham.@Nightwing_Beyond said:

@LuigiBat: I guess what has people so excited is the large impact this arc will have on Nightwing. Higgins stated that this arc will insight big changes in the book for months to come. Plus, Joker and Nightwing rarely interact so it's interesting to see the dynamic between Joker and Nightwing. The only good Joker/Nightwing story I can recall is Last Laugh which was good but, you never really got to see what the Joker thinks of Nightwing. New frontiers being explored in Joker and Nightwing makes up for the lack of immense excitement for readers I suppose. I'm mainly happy about the #1 spot news because that may entice DC to get a kickass artist for the book after Eddy Barrows leaves since it's getting popular.

Now that I think about it, I cannot help but feel that the changes DOTF will cause are going to be all too predictable where Nightwing/Dick is concerned. The way I see it, Sonia Zucco will die, Dick will blame Bruce for being arrogant in his assumption that Joker didn't know who any of the Bat-family where, he'll blame himself for being unable to save Sonia (and also Raya) and then he'll get all emotional and try to give up the cowl (the solicits for February's issue pretty much confirms this) and ditch the Bat-family only for one of them to eventually talk him round.

On the artist front, I wonder how many people simply pickup Nightwing for Barrows' artwork? The last issue wasn't anything special and without the stellar artwork on show I can imagine it wouldn't have gotten near the number one slot.

#79 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@LuigiBat said:


Now that I think about it, I cannot help but feel that the changes DOTF will cause are going to be all too predictable where Nightwing/Dick is concerned. The way I see it, Sonia Zucco will die, Dick will blame Bruce for being arrogant in his assumption that Joker didn't know who any of the Bat-family where, he'll blame himself for being unable to save Sonia (and also Raya) and then he'll get all emotional and try to give up the cowl (the solicits for February's issue pretty much confirms this) and ditch the Bat-family only for one of them to eventually talk him round.

On the artist front, I wonder how many people simply pickup Nightwing for Barrows' artwork? The last issue wasn't anything special and without the stellar artwork on show I can imagine it wouldn't have gotten near the number one slot.

I hope that doesn't happen. It would just be boring and we all know that turn of events would just serve as a time waster since we all know he won't quit for good. I really hope its something that nobody sees coming.

#80 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

@LuigiBat

Exactly. At the end Raya and Saiko dying are characters with potential being wasted. They're being introduced and killed off far too early. I said it at the start of the New 52 and i'll say it again, if you're going to have Dick Grayson be on his own, whether in Gotham or New York or Bludhaven, you need to build up a supporting cast for him.

#81 Posted by BatWatch (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Well, that was a nice...issue.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I have an article coming out that addresses some untraditional Batman theories, and one of them is that Dick Grayson might kill Joker to defend the family which would cause a schism in the family. I can see him doing it.

It'd be interesting, and that would definitely make everyone see him in a new light. I think Bruce would react the worst out of the lot, with Damian being the one who really stands by him.

It would be really interesting. I think it would also cause Jason to see Dick in a new light, Babs to maybe be angry at Dick (for taking her "kill"??? or trying to "defend" her and, thus, making her feel like she is being babied on some level.

Sounds like there's an article I need to check out :)

Oh, did you miss that? Here. This was on of my most popular articles, and Scott Snyder even said it was well written and interesting. Couldn't get him to give anything away though. (grins) Oh, and if you haven't already, poke around my site, BatWatch.net, and tell me what you think.

#82 Posted by wessaari (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope that once DOTF has done its work, that the changes Higgins is talking about will make Nightwing a more respected character. He is going through alot and for Dick Grayson to undergo some "Finding yourself" experience will be good for him. He needs to be a force to be reckoned with and with Higgins behind the reigns, i dont doubt that Dick will change for the better

#83 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing 16

@BatWatch: @vernierhawk001: @Nightwing_Beyond: @richardjohngrayson: @VampireSelektor: more scans

#84 Edited by Lapsus (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Never liked DOTF

i always knew that in the end, is just another Bats Vs Clown.

Everyone else is just there to be owned by the Joker.

#85 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lapsus: @BatWatch:@Nathaniel_Christopher @vernierhawk001@wessaari: more scans

Nightwing 17

#86 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Awesome scans for Nightwing mate! Any other updates coming soon with threads like Shazam's btw?

#87 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: unfortunnately nope,he still has few feats,let's see next JL issue.

#88 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19494 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: why is the fight with lady shiva not here?

#89 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: because there is no fight,she just beat him...

#90 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19494 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: not really he did handle him self defensively and he had a broken rib, thats still a solid feat

#91 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: ok,tommorow I post

#92 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19494 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: serious? thats nice of you to do, thank you... actually thank you for making all of these respect treads

#93 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

@AllStarSuperman: it's serious,tomorrow night is already posted...I promisse. You're welcome

#94 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19494 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: sweet

#95 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Anything new from Nightwing 18?

#96 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger: Is too early to post and Icarusfiles would complain about that

#97 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Stronger: Is too early to post and Icarusfiles would complain about that

Alright then....I totally understand.

#98 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8248 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: @allstarsuperman: @wessaari: @lvenger: @john_valentine: @ritchieb@squalleon@alak: more scans

Nightwing 19

Running away from a Swat team,Nightwing is able to dodge a hail of bullets in middle air. Nightwing suit whistands higher calibers (such assault rifles).
Using his stick to stop a knive at close range.
While disarming a Swat team,hit the flashlight of a helicopter and jump through it to reach a building. After jump through the helicopter to save to police officer's life,before the helicopter explode (in a matter of seconds).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.