Alright. So we know that a lot of changes to Nightwing hurts him in the New 52! But lets try having a bright side to this! Who knows? Maybe this'll help us out with coping with the changes! So be sure to tell anything If I missed anything noteworthy.
1) Nightwing is one of DC's Best Selling. That's good. DC knows he's a fan favorite at least.
2) After some research, he has appeared to have various team-ups. He started with Batman(Of course). Now this means he could of met other heroes during his time with Batman. Plus, it seems everyone here knows of Nightwing being Robin. So it could contribute to how people know him. He's also led a team along with Garth, Arsenal, Starfire and others name Vic(Cyborg), Garth, Gar, Lilth, and Dustin. He was also part of Batman Inc as an agent, apparently. He appeared in both Batman Inc and Batwing during his team-ups. Batman Inc. Says he's an agent of Batman Inc in the issue Damian died If I recall. He also teamed-up with the JLI along with Batman and Batwing too. There's also the fact he was Batman for over a year. So maybe, in all, he could be more important than we know. At least a writer recognized that he was a big deal before the reboot.
3) Perhaps now, it's a chance to work up a Rogue Gallery again. A better one.So far, the ones that have passed in my opinion are Prankster and Lady Shiva(ignoring the bad plot). And it seems both are his nemesis. Prankster being the intellectual challenge and Lady Shvia being the physical one. There's also Paragon( i thought he was a noob IMO). And there's Mali, Johnny Spade, and the Mask Murderer around too! Possibly Antagonist and potential Rogue Gallery. So far though he has:
Lady Shiva(Best Rogue Gallery Villain to have. Just hope a better story comes out from it)
Paragon(I don't like him for now but the still counts)
Archeon and his summoner(Possible If she(The summoner. Cant remember her name) comes back for revenge *Shrugs*)
Zane(He was in Chicago when Nightwing confronted him)
Prankster(2nd Best after Shiva. Just plain cool and new)
Shox(Was pretty minor but could be a regular villain)
(10/22/13) Here's some newcomers and/or possible RG members:
Marionette(Part of the January 2014 Nightwing Solicitation. If you watched the TT episode where Robin has to go on a date with Killer Moth's daughter, you know Kitten. Well, in the Teen Titans Comics that was based off the TV show's universe, that was one of her aliases. ._. May be a nod to her or even a moderization of her? We'll see)
Mad Hatter( A Batman villain. Though he's not special, he's not bad either! Actually, in Robin Year One, he stopped the Mad Hatter all by himself. Not a bad choice to make him a NW Villain)
4) He's in Chicago and NOT GOTHAM! While Kyle Higgins said it was temporary, He has a license in Chicago. Maybe he'll be there a little longer then people anticipated. I hope so!
UPDATE: YEP! He might stay a little longer...but with Forever Evil, it COULD POTENTIALLY shorten this stay now.
5) He's still Batman's favorite. The Joker in his Solo series said that he's the Worst out of the "Batfakes" and makes "his Batman the weakest".
UPDATE: Well, Owlman seem to love his Dick Grayson....this must mean 2 things: Batman loves him still as his favorite or if things were the complete opposite, he doesn't. Safe to assume he does, though.
6) He has some Superb Combat skills. Apparently, they decided to take his ability to read people to new heights. He was always good at it, as said so officially(I'll find it later), but the New 52 improved it to make it very similar to Cassandra's Body Reading Motion thing. And has Court of Owl Assassin Traning(As it was noted that his Haly Circus train them in acrobatics. Batgirl fighting Mary noted how she fights very much Nightwing. And before even Being Robin, he was already a skilled Martial Artist already ) and still is labeled as a prodigy, whether or not writers remember this(It seems they forget). He's still one of DC's Best Martial Artist. Even attracting Lady Shiva's attention now. . he's beaten a giant demon, Talons(A normal skilled one and the best of the best with intellect), Saiko 3 times, Zane(metahuman with mind manipulating abilities), Shox, Spinebender with Batgirl and Prankster. He actually doesn't lose a lot.(Just stumbles too much). Many people complain that his villains just spontaneously have something over him and it's unnecessary and is just plot-line crap in an feeble attempt to make them more interesting(which it is).
7) At least some in DC still think he's important enough to be unmasked and be influential to a story.(Although with much of the rectonning, it's questionable cause we haven't seen too much to suggest this and unless we're elaborated on this soon......it's gonna be problematic)
8) He's has a better suit then he did pre-reboot. More gadgetry and it's more obvious on what's considered standard for him now! And that's good! And plus, it's much more bullet proof then his last one. Did I mention he made 3 of those? And Jason Todd is wearing one currently? So who rocked red first? XD LOL!!!!!
9) He's said to set to appear in the JLI Relaunch! http://instagram.com/p/U4P2QCNm_l/
Have any other things to contribute? Feel free to do so!
Did some research and in an interview, He stated Deathstroke and Nightwing still have a history, despite the TT adventures being reckoned. I didn't really know and accidentally stumbled upon it. Eventually, we're going to see this. This development came from when Nightwing #3 was released so who knows? Maybe soon, we'll see it. Still nice to know that we'll see some interaction sometime.
EDIT 2: Updated some things.