Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9480 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

New 52 age and height

89Nightwing89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Height:In pre new 52 sometimes i saw he was 5 10 and sometimes i saw he was 6 like in a dc universe ultimate character guide it said he is 6 and in arkham city trailer. But other times ive seen he is 5 10. Which one is it? Which one of both is his new 52 height

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By graysonofgotham
    No Caption Provided

At the start of the new 52 they said he was 21 as for height/weight, It say's on the selfie cover he is 5'10 175. So there ya go ;)

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In secret origins whatever, the Grayson story, they said he was 5'8" and weighs like 176? lbs. So they made him a little shorter, and slightly heavier.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It says 80 kg (=176 lbs) and 178 cm (=5' 10'') and additional pound is probably just roundet up, since 175 lbs would be 79,5 kg. So he has still the same height and weight he has in most sources since the mid 80's.

And according to the new secret origin he is still 21.

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: I misread the conversion number, that is my bad

I don't know how he is still 21, since it's been about a year already new 52 time

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@aahz:

That kind sucks. Nightwing was probably the best dc ninja representation. On Grayson he seems very muscular in last issues. I liked when Nightwing had small and light body and Jason was taller and muscular being perfect for militar type characther.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: ???

Based on the stats he has still the same body he had before.

I'm not sure bout Jason's height/weight in the new 52. Especially since there are three different values for his weight (180, 190 and 225 lbs) in the books before the new 52, his height on the other hand was always 6'0''.

But I think Tim is taller now. According to the ultimate character guide from 2011 even as Red Robin he was only 5'6''. Which was only 4 inch taller than Damien was according to the same book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz:

Most artista show Jason as taller and muscular than Dick

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aahz

@vitalius: I don't realy see a difference between them when they appear in the same volume, but as long as you don't go with the 225 lbs (which would make Jason more muscular than Bruce who is usually 6'2'' and 210 lbs) the difference between them is not so big.

By the way technically Dick is also shorter than Barbara Gordon, Helena Bertinelli and Kate Kane, who all are acording to most sources 5'11'' and at least Barbaras Costume included high heels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz:

I personally dislike how Jason is being treated, he is almost a different characther. Batman is male power fantasy i understand the art design even thought most of time doesnt make sense in terms of logic. Helena and Kate seems to be taller in art style, at least Helena is taller than Dinah who also has perfect bodytype for ninja. Sure Jason wasnt obivious overmuscular that it was clear that Jason was bigger than Dick

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason, in my opinion, should always have been more muscular than Dick, in the same way that Bruce is, specifically due to his different fighting style. He's far more brutal, which would lead to him focusing on different areas of his body to work on. As an acrobat, who relies on speed, Dick doesn't need the same musculature that the other two do. At the same time however, I also thought that Dick always should have been the taller of the two for similar reasons.

But you know, different artists, different renditions.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to make a visualization of the hight of the different Bat family members. You can see the result below. The values (with exception of Cassandra) are taken from the "DC Comics Ultimate Character Guide" from 2011, which is afaik the most resent source, but still based on pre 52 (Tim is already Red Robin and Steph is Batgirl).

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By graysonofgotham

Other than when Dick was a kid Babs has never been shown to be taller than Dick. All info always says she is either 5'6 or 5'7. However this could be a case of several reboots changing age/height/etc. I have just personally never seen Barbara drawn to be taller than adult Dick Grayson.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardjohngrayson: I know that it is never drawn that way, but according to most sources Barbara is 5'11'' (there is only one I know for 5'7'' and one for 5'6''). And by the way Hellena Bertinelli and Kate Kane are also 5'11'' (and fight crime in high heels) and are also usually not drawn to be taller than Dick.

And Commsioner Gordon is officially only 5'9''.

But the official values for height and weight are anyway quite questionable and inconsistent in my opinion.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

huh, he's about the same as GA

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Well, his height before being Nightwing is inconsistent. His Nightwing height has practically always been 5'10

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwingism: I don't think there are any sources where you find his height pre Nightwing.

But you are right Dicks (5'10'', 175 lbs) and Bruce stats (6'2'', 210 lbs) are really consistent, the of of the other Batfamily members have more variation.

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: I think in those Character Bio books, with every character in the universe, it has his height and weight. I could be wrong though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.