Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9430 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Major Nightwing News Coming Sept 4, Says DC

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

John Cunningham, DC Comics’s Vice President of Marketing and the moderator of a panel at Fan Expo today in Toronto, told the audience there that “the internet is going to explode on September fourth, and it’s all going to be about Nightwing.”

The hero, one of only a handful of non-villain characters who will get a spotlight during September’s “Villains Month,” has been spotted in preview pages for Forever Evil #1, the first chapter of Geoff Johns and David Finch’s crossover story that begins that day. For a while now, DC brass have impressed on fans at every opportunity that Nightwing will be a major player in the DC Universe during and immediately after that storyline, but this new piece of information suggests that whatever it is Dick Grayson is wrapped up in, it will begin in less than two weeks, when the miniseries kicks off.

Because Nightwing was the original Robin, he–or rather, his secret identity, Dick Grayson–has more penetration into mainstream media than most non-A-list superheroes. If something happens with Dick, it’s fairly likely that outlets who rarely cover comics would take an interest, likely pursuing the Robin angle. It’s also worth noting that in the promotional image at right, we get not only his New 52 logo, which resembles the costume the character wore as Robin in the 1997 flop Batman & Robin, but beneath it appears to be the logo Nightwing wears in the DC Animated Universe TV series like Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited.

Source: http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/08/24/major-nightwing-news-coming-on-september-4-says-dc-comics/

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I really hope we don't get a cheap character death that is a poorly veiled publicity grab.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure they won't kill him. His book is selling too good to get cancelled.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I'm sure they won't kill him. His book is selling too good to get cancelled.

Unless they kill him off and bring Damian back as a mini-Nightwing. Then I would kill myself

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it will be interesting to see how this is affect Dick's life, what I'm really curious to see is how it'll affect those around him. Even with the lose of his former teammates and the fact that he hasn't been in a team book, Nightwing is a character that is still well-connected in the New 52.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well from what it looks like it doesn't seem it's going to have a positive affect on Nightwing.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: @supbatz: Guys they said they won't kill him off, but the bad thing is that they said it will be worse then killing him off but I doubt anything that bad would happen, its comic books after all, except for Peter Parker, nothing bad happens to pretty much every popular hero.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

DC have actively said that they aren't going to kill off Nightwing. They have however said that Nighting's going through the ringer in Forever Evil. With Johns on board, I'm still uneasy as to what that is.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmoothJammin

I can see how having his identity being revealed would be a living hell. Man we just can't catch a break lol. At every turn its like were anxiously anticipating Nightwing to win the day but the solicits always have a way of derailing those aspirations.

It is nice to know he'll be the leading man for once.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

While it will be interesting to see how this is affect Dick's life, what I'm really curious to see is how it'll affect those around him. Even with the lose of his former teammates and the fact that he hasn't been in a team book, Nightwing is a character that is still well-connected in the New 52.

Have they shown his connections in the New 52?

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I read that nightwing may be forced to tell his secret identity by the lasso superwoman holds.... Not sure if its fake but i read it online

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe it has nothing to do with the comics maybe the will announce that Dick Grayson will appear in the superman batman movie lol. ( we could dream but probably not).

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Alak

@degraaf: They've shown a few heroes he's definitely affiliated (or once affiliated) with.

• Batgirl
    • Batman
    • Red Robin
    • Red Hood
    • Arsenal
    • Starfire

With the last two characters, it's heavily implied that Nightwing was once part of a superhero group that involved the three of them. We might even assume that there was some incarnation of the Teen Titans prior to the current team led by Tim, and Dick may have led that team. Nightwing has also made appearances in Batman Inc. so it's likely that he's friends with those within that circle.

Those are just some from the hero community. We also have to remember Dick Grayson is connected to the Wayne family (which includes Alfred). He's had financial and a potentially romantic relationship to Sonia Branch who is the head of one of the largest banks in Gotham. I would say that Haley's Circus would be a really big connection since its a well-known troupe, but it seems like most (if not all) members are dead because of the Joker. He's also got roommates now who will undoubtedly be put under fire once Nightwing's rogues gallery (which also consist of Batman villains) come after them due to their affiliation with him.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

He's so dead.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Doesn't Dan Didio have something against his character?

DC....

http://x.vukajlija.com/var/uploads/reactions/201305/98961/i-m-watching-you-o.gif

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If we're lucky,he'll get an animated series all his own........which would get cancelled after 1 season,2 MAX,cause cartoon network doesn't know what the f**k they're doing! Maybe a DC animated feature film,razor's edge,year one,traps & trapezes? I'd dig that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.