OK, my fellow fraternal fanboys, let us pool our considerable comic book intellects to ponder this notion:
In this day and age, what actor holds the best chance of successfully playing the Original Boy Wonder? Previous Robins were played by thespians who neither emphasized the cheeriness nor the exact physique of our favorite acrobat. Age also appears to be a trait not translated with much faith; former Daring Boys on the Flying Trapeze never played Grayson as their own age. Meanwhile, the twenty-nine year old Joseph Gordon-Levitt, riding a continent-sized air thermal of success, embodies the present-day Man Wonder with seemingly-effortless success. At 5'9.5'' and possessing a smile that would pull the panties off a bride moments before her wedding day, can anyone imagine Gordon-Levitt not working wonders (see what I did there?) with a pair of escrima sticks?
Now before users start throwing their arms up in a huff, the ideal Grayson, as interpreted by the Inception star, would not appear in the highly-anticipated The Dark Knight Rises. Indeed, after the success of the hardboiled, Nolan-led Batman trilogy, it seems only fair to give Gordon-Levitt a chance Grayson in his current garb. That's right: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Dick Grayson, Batman of Gotham.
Skeptical? Reluctant to consider? Well then, chew over these benefits:
1. Gordon-Levitt possesses similar proportions to Grayson.
- 2. Damian Wayne would finally be brought to the big screen. Kick-Ass (2010) already set the precedent for hyper-violent tots with the penchant of conjuring up many-a-bone fracture, so the filmmakers handling the project would have a considerable range of leeway as far as special-effects.
- 3. Morrison aficonados infatuated with his run on Batman and Robin would finally get the chance to see the favorite heroes and villains materialize on film, which leads us to the next point......
- 4. The onscreen debut of Professor Pyg. 'Nuff said.
- Just contemplate the possibilities.......