Its impossible to dislike him

• 81 results
#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't understand why, but I can't seem to dislike Dick. Try as I might, he's just so amazing. I've always been a supporter of Tim over every single one of the Robins - I felt he best represented what Bruce's ideals are and how Bruce acts, but even so, I still respect Dick. He's just got this charm to him that is impossible to ignore - even when he's being a douchebag. 

DOCTOR DOCTOR, GIVE ME THE NEWS
I GOT A BAD CASE OF GRAYSON BLUES

#2 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

<3

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Yup, that's Grayson. He's that one popular kid at school who you want to hate but he's so nice to you that. You can't help but like.

#4 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

I just don't understand why, but I can't seem to dislike Dick.

I'm so immature.

#5 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike his TAS teen titans counterpart. He is such a whiny anime boy. jk jk =o

His character comes off as likable and there's nothing to hate about him

#6 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

via tumblrrrr

#7 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

via tumblrrrr

asdfghjkl

I CAN'T EVEN...

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Dick Grayson <3

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@RainEffect said:

I just don't understand why, but I can't seem to dislike Dick.

I'm so immature.

lol

#10 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is what Batman could be if he did not let his past and personal demons consume him. Nightwing has 90% of Bat's skills, but the trust and respect of 100% of the meta community. If you were to pick and chose the best aspects of each of the Bat-Family to create the ultimate member, he would be the closest to said ideal.

#11 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Dick is what Batman could be if he did not let his past and personal demons consume him. Nightwing has 90% of Bat's skills, but the trust and respect of 100% of the meta community. If you were to pick and chose the best aspects of each of the Bat-Family to create the ultimate member, he would be the closest to said ideal.

I agree with this.

Dick is basically the most loved/respected member of the Bat-Family within the DC universe. I like Tim (pre New 52 anyway, Lobdell has made him suck ass big time now) but I always got the feeling that he'd turn out as a carbon copy of Bruce. Dick and Bruce are incredibly alike, moreso than either of them would admit, but one crucial thing sets them apart. Yes they are both motivated by the loss of family, but Dick doesn't let it consume his life.

#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson would be the perfect human being.

If Wallace Wells didn't exist.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson is great and there aren't people who don't like him.

#14 Posted by The_Tree (7731 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

via tumblrrrr

Eww. I really don't like the way Capullo draws Dick.

#15 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

With an arse like that, no one can hate him.

#16 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@SmoothJammin said:

via tumblrrrr

It's not that bad. But at the same time I don't like how he goes from looking like a 16 year old when Capullo draws him to looking like a 21-23 year old in the Nightwing series. The art in itself isn't bad when Capullo draws him, just that he looks a little too young.

#17 Posted by nickzambuto (14128 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta agree, when you actually give him a chance dick is great.

#18 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a very likable character, the only thing I would complain about if I was extremely picky (which I'm not) would be his name....but even then it's not that bad 

#19 Posted by CrimsonCake (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

I can relate to him,My parents were also acrobats in the circus.So I can't dislike him.

#20 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Very Well said, I agree with this 100%

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course you like him, he has no flaws other than being a slut.  

If you want a character who is naturally appealing because he is fundamentally perfect, then Dick's your man. 

If you want actual character though, look elsewhere. 

#22 Edited by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Of course you like him, he has no flaws other than being a slut. If you want a character who is naturally appealing because he is fundamentally perfect, then Dick's your man. If you want actual character though, look elsewhere.

This. I don't hate him nor do I like him mainly because he has no personality since there's nothing wrong with him. Funny how every team he's on, other characters have character.

#23 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Of course you like him, he has no flaws other than being a slut. If you want a character who is naturally appealing because he is fundamentally perfect, then Dick's your man. If you want actual character though, look elsewhere.

I know people who aren't really flawed, or so it seems. That doesn't take anything away from them, they're just very likable peoples persons.

#24 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

meh

#25 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never liked him.

#26 Posted by richardjohngrayson (439 posts) - - Show Bio

He has personality. He is a joke cracking, fun loving dude who likes helping people. If you don't like the character or his personality thats your choice but to say he does not have personality is false.

#27 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#28 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to hate him too. Like I actually tried to hate him. But I can't.

#29 Posted by VioletPhoenix (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Agreed. SO agreed.

#30 Edited by daredevil21134 (12113 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

That's harsh dude lol

#31 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Are you jelly?

#32 Posted by RoboShark (1274 posts) - - Show Bio

Grayson is just ok in my book. I guess I'm more of a Jason Todd RIP style Tim Drake guy. I loved how Drake was the one who knew the whole time Bruce wasn't dead. But got treated like a leper.

#33 Edited by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think Tim was mildly nuts. Deep down he could never expect Batman to go away, Ra's could drop a nuke on Bruce's dome and Tim will simply believe Batman's a ventriloquist and planned the entire event, boomtubed his way out of it or some such nonsense. Dick may be infatuated with Bruce but....Tim is obsessed with him, to the point where he almost sees him as a totem of worship. Big difference. When Superman broke the news to the batfamily Dick handled it in cool, collected fashion. Tim had a friggin meltdown and you instantly saw the difference in demeanor/maturity in those panels.

He probably loves Bruce more than he ever did his own father, the same can't be said for Grayson. I just can't support a character like that

@RoboShark:

#34 Posted by RoboShark (1274 posts) - - Show Bio

I like people who are bent, crazy or not.

#35 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

@SmoothJammin said:

via tumblrrrr

Capullo draws him looking much younger than he actually is. I don't mind personally, my gripe is with his hair. Dick's hair is always combed over, Jason's is the one usually parted in the middle...

#36 Posted by richardjohngrayson (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

I still think Tim was mildly nuts. Deep down he could never expect Batman to go away, Ra's could drop a nuke on Bruce's dome and Tim will simply believe Batman's a ventriloquist and planned the entire event, boomtubed his way out of it or some such nonsense. Dick may be infatuated with Bruce but....Tim is obsessed with him, to the point where he almost sees him as a totem of worship. Big difference. When Superman broke the news to the batfamily Dick handled it in cool, collected fashion. Tim had a friggin meltdown and you instantly saw the difference in demeanor/maturity in those panels.

He probably loves Bruce more than he ever did his own father, the same can't be said for Grayson. I just can't support a character like that

@RoboShark:

100% agreed. Drake and Grayson's fist a cuffs at the lazarus pit proved this as well.

#37 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@RoboShark:

100% agreed. Drake and Grayson's fist a cuffs at the lazarus pit proved this as well.

lol RJG just for this I'm going to create a thread to expose Tim. Sound the war drums!!

#38 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

He's one of my favourite characters. That arse is an added bonus.

#39 Posted by FullmetalChobit (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I <3 Dick.

lol.

#40 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Power girl's boobs and Richard's ass may as well be superpowers apparently, according to DC fandom..

#41 Posted by KNlGHTWlNG (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

this ^^^

#42 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Posted by The Stegman (25039 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just so likable, he's like the cool, level headed kid that everyone wants to hang out with.

#44 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

he's one of my favorite DC characters.

#45 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

via tumblrrrr

omg., my pom looks exactly like this.

#46 Posted by Dark_Moolahs (22 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Dick Grayson for you!

#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (17718 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a fantastic character, the conscience of the Bat-family(besides Alfred), and extremely humble.

#48 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I sorta fear when writer's realize this and start writing to it...

#49 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Tones of people hate Dick but to me he's possibly my favourite character in Batman maybe even just piping Batman but as Nightwing. My favourite character as Robin is Tim Drake but I like most of the Bat family

#50 Posted by TheGRiZzLeR (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: batman has always been batman and robin they are a partnership and robin should never be seen as the successor to batman but if he was ever i would agree

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.