Is Barbara Gordon still Dick's girlfriend in the new 52?

#1 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Just askin'

#2 Posted by richardjohngrayson (444 posts) - - Show Bio

No. They never dated in the New 52.....yet.

#3 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson said:

Hell with this.

I just love them as a couple.

#4 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (162 posts) - - Show Bio

There are rumors that both Nightwing and Batgirl will be on the Justice League International re-relaunch so perhaps their romance will be rekindled there.

#5 Posted by X9 (767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

There are rumors that both Nightwing and Batgirl will be on the Justice League International re-relaunch so perhaps their romance will be rekindled there.

Yeah, they will. I'm pretty curious about it.

#6 Posted by wessaari (632 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

Hell with this.

Me too, it was such an integral part of their lives and their character development. Reading Nightwing Annual 2 was so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. Though I love his relationship with Kori (and in an alternative future they are married and have a child), I feel that Babs could have, and still could be, the one.

#7 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari said:

@Stronger said:

Hell with this.

Me too, it was such an integral part of their lives and their character development. Reading Nightwing Annual 2 was so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. Though I love his relationship with Kori (and in an alternative future they are married and have a child), I feel that Babs could have, and still could be, the one.

I feel Barbara and Dick should finally get married.

#8 Posted by Samimista (20912 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraid not though I hope they'll get together in New 52.

#9 Posted by richardjohngrayson (444 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stronger said:

@wessaari said:

@Stronger said:

Hell with this.

I feel Barbara and Dick should finally get married.

It would be cool. Would be a big issue for DC.too.
#10 Posted by BatWatch (2881 posts) - - Show Bio

No, and it appears as if they have never been together though I do not think that was ever explicitly stated. There is definitely some...closeness between them, but given the way Babs acted at the funeral for Raya, I kind of want her to stay far away from Grayson anyway.

@richardjohngrayson:

In the DCU, I would love to have seen that. Now, it makes no sense.

#11 Posted by War07 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather see barbara with another man than nightwing!

#12 Posted by CrimsonSquire (42 posts) - - Show Bio

No, and she's a little bit nosy into Dick's personal life.

He's dating Sonia Branch, the daughter of Tony Zucco.

#13 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

They haven't, and I like it how it is

#14 Posted by SmoothJammin (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why people ship these two so hard? Babs is a hot and cold b-word and a jealous asshat. For a character that's supposed to be free spirited, some of you viners sure don't mind seeing Dick get dragged in the mud. I personally don't take an interest in watching him getting talked down to like a child but that's just me. For 16 issues I strapped myself in for an epic rollercoaster, instead I was spiraled downwards into a world of sh*t. The ride beat me up and left me sore all over. It opened my eyes to tragedies a lesser man than Dick could never have rebounded from. The last time I checked, he was the happy Robin... We can officially dump the baggage now because it's a new day. So lets exorcise the ghost of Babs once and for all. Look ahead to the picnic issues, new friends, romances and prepare to explore the Windy City. It's a time for celebration! Why do you want to fight that?

Some critics will say all of the momentum he built up in the past year has been shot to hell. Funny thing though, initially I was so against the idea of bringing in the origins and making it a staple of Nightwing's character. I actually have to thank Night of the Owls/DOTF for this one because not only did it get me to root for Haly's again, Joker essentially granted me my wish of ensuring Nightwing a bright new future outside of Gotham by severing ties to his carny troupe in a perfect time window. I think the writer delivered an ample dosage of circus exposure to where you almost tired of them at first, then you were hooked and craved more knowledge in discovering their secrets, learned their dark history and developed sympathy for the band as the issues went on. And then poop. As a fan it's gratifying to know my favorite character followed through with many of my preconceived notions surrounding the title. I'm confident this move won't hurt his sales because he never needed Batman in his book to begin with, that's quality writing. I honestly believe Chicago was always meant to be the flip side to Haly's circus coin.

Holy fudge I went off a tangent o.O

PreN52 DickxBabs felt organic even with all of the Ice Queen's shortcomings(not discriminating, I don't mean the wheelchair I hate everyone equally :D). Because Dick made it work. She's the one who rejected his proposal, b*tch had her chance already. Post Flashpoint all she is to Dick is a groupie. Barbara doesn't even hold a candle to Starfire these days so plzzz for the love of God drop it. I'd rather they share a platonic friendship like he did with Donna, things would be so much cooler that way.

#15 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't know about any of that, but the relationship has honestly never been all that great to me. Certainly not on the level of Dick/Kori. That's the one i'd rather see get more attention right now, though i'm sure we'll see some misty eyed moments with them being on the same team and all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.