Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

If the circus was a front for the court.....

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By graysonofgotham

Do you think Dick's Mom and Day were kept in the dark about all this? I'm kind of lost on that. If Dick were to have stayed there, then what? Kill John and Mary? Or were they in on it?(I doubt it) It just makes so many questions come to my mind. I guess like Rymond they just would have kidnapped Dick and that would have been that. But Dick's Dad even said you go all out for Gotham....so even if he didn't know he must have been a pawn.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmoothJammin

That's a good question RJG. I don't believe they were..anything else is just bad writing in my eyes. Too much of Dick's past is being altered and while some of it is pure awesome Higgins needs to be careful he doesn't tarnish his origins.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sinestro_GL

@richardjohngrayson: @SmoothJammin:

The tarnishing of origins has happened a lot in the Bat-verse in the past couple of years. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the writers now make the court of owls responsible for the death of the flying Graysons (due to their refusal to the idea, or perhaps due to them uncovering it).

In any event, 'The Night of Owls' will certainly be an interesting read.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By graysonofgotham

@sinestro_GL said:

@richardjohngrayson: @SmoothJammin:

The tarnishing of origins has happened a lot in the Bat-verse in the past couple of years. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the writers now make the court of owls responsible for the death of the flying Graysons (due to their refusal to the idea, or perhaps due to them uncovering it).

In any event, 'The Night of Owls' will certainly be an interesting read.

I wouldn't be ok with that. It has to be Zucco. I love the new story so far but I hope Dick's folks didn't know about the court and Zucco screwed it up by killing them all by chance.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By jsphsmth

It is doubtful that they knew. A secret society doesn't stay secret by revealing its assassin recruiting program to the rank and file performers of the circuses.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sinestro_GL

@jsphsmth: Well, as @richardjohngrayson: said...it may be revealed that it was down to dumb luck that it happened.

Earlier in the story arc, young Bruce went on a mission to find out about the Owls...perhaps the Graysons were also suspicious of what was going on...perhaps not about the court directly...

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By DarthShap

Another plot hole is that if the circus was a front for the court, Tony Zucco would not have been able to blackmail it. He would have been killed by the Talon the very night he threatened the manager for the first time.

I like Snyder but he is waaaayyy too much into secret societies and conspiracies. A mugging can be just a mugging, a circus can be just a circus.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmoothJammin

Very sketchy. I really want things to move along, circus arc has dragged on

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By graysonofgotham

Kyle Higgins said at c2e2 today Zucco is coming in soon. So we should have answers sooner raher than later.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By kidchipotle

@richardjohngrayson said:

Kyle Higgins said at c2e2 today Zucco is coming in soon. So we should have answers sooner raher than later.

Interesting. Glad to hear that.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmoothJammin

I want to see more of Sonia tbh

ME24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By ME24601

It's difficult to know how much the Graysons knew about the Court. I'd like to think that they were in the dark, as only the guy in charge seemed to know anything about the Court.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By htb106

why wasn't john grayson (that's his dad's name,right?) a talon.

or was he?

Ryan_The_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ryan_The_Lion

I was starting to think that the old lady in the Court of The Owls in Batman #6 or #7 was maybe Dick Grayson's mother in a wheelchair. The previous Haly's Circus owner staged Raymond's death, maybe someone staged the death of Dick Grayson's parents.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By graysonofgotham

@Ryan_The_Lion said:

I was starting to think that the old lady in the Court of The Owls in Batman #6 or #7 was maybe Dick Grayson's mother in a wheelchair. The previous Haly's Circus owner staged Raymond's death, maybe someone staged the death of Dick Grayson's parents.

I really REALLY hope you're wrong. Thats just too big of a change. I think/ hope to GOD Dicks pop wasn't a Talon because he wasn't a boy when he joined the circus.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@richardjohngrayson said:

@Ryan_The_Lion said:

I really REALLY hope you're wrong. Thats just too big of a change. I think/ hope to GOD Dicks pop wasn't a Talon because he wasn't a boy when he joined the circus.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Doctor Hurt thing going on.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Superguy0009e

I think that the parents had no idea. To me, this is one of the very few things i find bad with this arc. What was done isnt bad, it just changes some very important things. I LOVE this arc (honestly, may be my favorite bat story of all time), but for me, the small changes are probable if they arent all addressed at the end

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.