If nightwing had a sidekick...

#1 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

What's his name his skill set his alter ego etc? If you don't like nightwing with a sidekick (just like me) just play along be creative

#2 Posted by darkwingdan (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson did have a sidekick. His name was Damian Wayne. ;)

In seriousness, I'd like to see Tim Drake act as sort of a quasi-sidekick to Dick.

#3 Posted by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkwingdan: Damian would cut out your heart for saying that.

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4639 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

@darkwingdan: Damian would cut out your heart for saying that.

Deep down Damian knows it is true :-P

#5 Posted by darkwingdan (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@End_Boss said:

@darkwingdan: Damian would cut out your heart for saying that.

Not if I give him a cat first.

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkwingdan said:

Dick Grayson did have a sidekick. His name was Damian Wayne. ;)

In seriousness, I'd like to see Tim Drake act as sort of a quasi-sidekick to Dick.

.........Why would Tim ever be Dick's sidekick?

#7 Posted by SUNMAN (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@darkwingdan said:

Dick Grayson did have a sidekick. His name was Damian Wayne. ;)

In seriousness, I'd like to see Tim Drake act as sort of a quasi-sidekick to Dick.

.........Why would Tim ever be Dick's sidekick?

Tim was already Dick;s sidekick the first time he was Batman.

That being said I'm not really in favor of "sidekicks" I think the term is stale outside of the classic sidekicks like robin. Heroes can have supporting characters or partners but I'm not feeling some new character as a sidekick

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@darkwingdan said:

Dick Grayson did have a sidekick. His name was Damian Wayne. ;)

In seriousness, I'd like to see Tim Drake act as sort of a quasi-sidekick to Dick.

.........Why would Tim ever be Dick's sidekick?

Tim was already Dick;s sidekick the first time he was Batman.

That being said I'm not really in favor of "sidekicks" I think the term is stale outside of the classic sidekicks like robin. Heroes can have supporting characters or partners but I'm not feeling some new character as a sidekick

But that was back during his early days as Robin. Why would modern Tim be Dick's sidekick?

#9 Posted by SUNMAN (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@darkwingdan said:

Dick Grayson did have a sidekick. His name was Damian Wayne. ;)

In seriousness, I'd like to see Tim Drake act as sort of a quasi-sidekick to Dick.

.........Why would Tim ever be Dick's sidekick?

Tim was already Dick;s sidekick the first time he was Batman.

That being said I'm not really in favor of "sidekicks" I think the term is stale outside of the classic sidekicks like robin. Heroes can have supporting characters or partners but I'm not feeling some new character as a sidekick

But that was back during his early days as Robin. Why would modern Tim be Dick's sidekick?

cause Dick is awesome

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7731 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine it'd be someone that takes up the name of Flamebird.

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@darkwingdan said:

Dick Grayson did have a sidekick. His name was Damian Wayne. ;)

In seriousness, I'd like to see Tim Drake act as sort of a quasi-sidekick to Dick.

.........Why would Tim ever be Dick's sidekick?

Tim was already Dick;s sidekick the first time he was Batman.

That being said I'm not really in favor of "sidekicks" I think the term is stale outside of the classic sidekicks like robin. Heroes can have supporting characters or partners but I'm not feeling some new character as a sidekick

But that was back during his early days as Robin. Why would modern Tim be Dick's sidekick?

cause Dick is awesome

and Tim isnt?

#12 Posted by SUNMAN (7256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@darkwingdan said:

Dick Grayson did have a sidekick. His name was Damian Wayne. ;)

In seriousness, I'd like to see Tim Drake act as sort of a quasi-sidekick to Dick.

.........Why would Tim ever be Dick's sidekick?

Tim was already Dick;s sidekick the first time he was Batman.

That being said I'm not really in favor of "sidekicks" I think the term is stale outside of the classic sidekicks like robin. Heroes can have supporting characters or partners but I'm not feeling some new character as a sidekick

But that was back during his early days as Robin. Why would modern Tim be Dick's sidekick?

cause Dick is awesome

and Tim isnt?

idk, I didn't say he wasn't

All I know is everyone loves Dick

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@darkwingdan said:

Dick Grayson did have a sidekick. His name was Damian Wayne. ;)

In seriousness, I'd like to see Tim Drake act as sort of a quasi-sidekick to Dick.

.........Why would Tim ever be Dick's sidekick?

Tim was already Dick;s sidekick the first time he was Batman.

That being said I'm not really in favor of "sidekicks" I think the term is stale outside of the classic sidekicks like robin. Heroes can have supporting characters or partners but I'm not feeling some new character as a sidekick

But that was back during his early days as Robin. Why would modern Tim be Dick's sidekick?

cause Dick is awesome

and Tim isnt?

idk, I didn't say he wasn't

All I know is everyone loves Dick

giggity. but seriously, Tim has evolved beyond the sidekick stage. Even Dick realizes this.

#14 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

What if he picked up an orphan that has run away to Graysons circus after his parents have died. Grayson brings him up in hte circus and takes him in as his ward (just like Bruce did) and after years of teaching him how to have fun and love life again he reveals his secret to the child only for the child to want to join him.

#15 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly what I was thinking! Like maybe a young clown or acrobat maybe if it's a clown I'm thinking not a doofy clown but a serious one with all kinds of gadgets and tricks or if its an acrobat maybe a girl with red hair an green color scheme around 15 years of age?

#16 Posted by darkwingdan (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt : Well, I did say "quasi-sidekick" and not "sidekick." I guess I should have been more clear. I'd like to see Tim show up every once in a while and partner up with Dick, if nothing else to than have Tim more involved in the Bat titles like he should be. And since Tim would be the guest star in Dick's title, he would be perceived as the "sidekick." But I honestly don't think Nightwing should have a full on sidekick or partner.

#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkwingdan said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt : Well, I did say "quasi-sidekick" and not "sidekick." I guess I should have been more clear. I'd like to see Tim show up every once in a while and partner up with Dick, if nothing else to than have Tim more involved in the Bat titles like he should be. And since Tim would be the guest star in Dick's title, he would be perceived as the "sidekick." But I honestly don't think Nightwing should have a full on sidekick or partner.

i see, so more like an occasional partner.

#18 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

So anybody want to try to create a new sidekick?

#19 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Nightwing's sidekick be a brick. In fact I'd like the concept to be like Iron Fist and Luke Cage in the sense that Nightwings partner is a towering black powerhouse named Lincoln Mars. He'd be younger then Dick and a bit of a hot head. Somewhat impetuous which leads him into situations he thinks he can brawl his way out of. Dick's slowly mentoring him to be more methodical in his tactics/approach. In the beginning they often clash which forces Dick to reevaluate the mentoring/sidekick role while simultaneously developing a stronger sense of appreciation for what it is Batman goes through.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian was a pretty good sidekick to Dick when they were a team.

#21 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian's the only one i'd want to be Dick's sidekick to be honest.

#22 Posted by richardjohngrayson (439 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

Damian's the only one i'd want to be Dick's sidekick to be honest.

I would rather it be Damian over anyone else as well.
#23 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#24 Posted by batshrine (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imperius_Rex said:

What's his name his skill set his alter ego etc? If you don't like nightwing with a sidekick (just like me) just play along be creative

Who sade it would be a guy?!?! I honestly think flamebird would do much better sidekicking for Dick than for Batwoman

#25 Posted by Jean199999 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheyenne Freemont

Even though she didn't really have experience, she had some sort of electricity based power and she was quite funny as well.

#26 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

not sidekick but imagine dick and jason living in bludhaven?they could be their for different reasons and decide to stick for a bigger reason....they get to know each other and gain some respect!!! and finally become strongest street level team in DC!!

well......a guy can dream cant he?

#27 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

SIDEKICKCEPTION

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.