Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9430 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

I wish they would do a Nightwing TV show!

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cc1738

I think it would be incredibly interesting to see a Nightwing TV show. They won't do Batman, and Nightwing is the next best thing. If it's done correctly I think it has the potential to be extremely good and within the realm of possibility in terms of budget. Anyone agree?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By moywar700

Night-wing is too obsure of a character and can only happen if batman gets a t.v show and gets a spin-off from it

BB

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By graysonofgotham

If you're talking live action like smallville, I could see it working but Bats would have to at least show up in a flashback for Dick's origin.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmoothJammin

I agree it has to spin off a show that is currently airing and includes Nightwing, example Young Justice. It works with proper marketing. He's a cool relatable hero.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I think it would be possible to make a Nightwing show that revolves around Dick during his days as a cop in Bludhaven. It would be able to mix the fantasy of a superhero show with the grittiness of a crime drama. Could work well, especially if it threw in some flashbacks to him being the Boy Wonder.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By graysonofgotham

@r3d_rob1n I dig that idea.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By soccersss

@moywar700 said:

Night-wing is too obsure of a character and can only happen if batman gets a t.v show and gets a spin-off from it

BB

This. I don't really see it working any other way

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
    @moywar700 said:

BB

Ahem, Birds of Prey. People know enough about Batman to get the gist of a secondary character, if that is what you're going by. Besides, Arrow isn't tied to Smallville continuity and yet people would enjoy an entirely Green Arrow universe on the fact he is a modern-day Robin Hood. It's all in the promos, really.
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By graysonofgotham

@sesquipedalophobe for sure and if they just say this is Robin all grown up people will dig it. I answer they who is Nightwing question all the time and as soon as I say the first Robin aka Dick Grayson grown up they jump on board. Fact is he is not that obscure of a hero. He has made the Robin to Nightwing transition on Batman TAS, The Batman, Batman The Brave and the Bold, and Young Justice so I think people get it by now.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By htb106

They were once planning a TV series called "The Graysons".

I completely agree, I'd absoloutely love to see a Nightwing Tv show.

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

@moywar700: Why not?There making a Green Arrow Show who is also obscure but it's on the CW and that wouldn't work out very well.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By sinestro_GL

I'd prefer a show about Bruce Wayne before Batman - travelling the globe and acquiring the skills he needs to begin his war on crime.

Lian_Harper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lian_Harper

The best chance in my opinion was after The New Batman Adventures (extension of B:TAS) ended. Nightwing's character hadn't been fully explored yet, i.e. he hadn't reconciled with Bruce or Babs yet. He's talked to Tim like once (Old Wounds). There was a lot of potential there, but then... we got Batman Beyond instead.

I've heard rumors that Bruce Timm considered making a Nightwing spinoff but he didn't like Dick Grayson that much as a character, and instead went with creating Batman: Beyond. Who knows though, just a rumor, maybe the execs just flat out told him that Nightwing wouldn't have enough brand name to hold a TV show on its own. Batman: Beyond still has Batman in the title, if they had a Nightwing show they might have to make it like... "Nightwing: Batman's Protege", or "Batman Adventures presents: Nightwing", or "Nightwing: Robin No More", something stupid and corny like that instead of a simple "Nightwing: The Animated Series".

I don't see much spin-off potential from Young Justice, at least not yet. So far the YJ Nightwing has been a pretty flat character, much more flat than the YJ season 1 Robin.

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cc1738

I don't want a spin off cartoon show from Young Justice or other any show. I want a live action show. I don't want it like Smallville, that sucked. I want realistic take on the character from his time in Biuhaven (I know I didn't spell that right). It could be really cool. And Nightwing has just as much name value as Green Arrow and that got made. It has q lot of potential in my opinion.

Bruce globe trotting has been touched on in Batman Begins and I have no interest in seeing a young Batman in training. They'd run into the same problem as Smallville did. Where you can only do so much before they become the hero. It would be lame.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would love to see a Nightwing tv show!!!

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By graysonofgotham

@Lian_Harper lets get real Staic Shock has and had zero brand name and he got a show Nightwing would have been just fine.

cc1738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cc1738

In terms of the show I was also thinking they should shorten the season so they can really amp up the story. Have them do about ten episode with one villian. Don't put any filler episode,, because IMO that's one of the big problems a lot of shows have. With ten episodes they would have a bigger budget per episode so it wouldn't be lame action and it would have a more cohesive story.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Funrush

As cool of an idea that is, I just can't imagine it being done right, or it lasting longer than a season or two.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmoothJammin

@Funrush: I'd still be ok with one season. That's a hell of a feat to have on ur resume

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By graysonofgotham

I kind of see Young Justice as a Nightwing show. I'm not saying he is THE star but Dick Grayson is with out a doubt a major player on YJ and I'm grateful to have it to watch and enjoy.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By z3ro180

Call the show nightwing and it would start as him being robin and by the end of the show he is nightwing and the rest of the seris is his early adventres as nightwing

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LuigiBat

I'd love to see a show revolving around Dick Grayson, preferably animated though. I'm sure they could make it interesting and enjoyable enough to gain a lot of popularity. They'd have to spend a few episodes with him as Robin though, to illustrate how his relationship with Bruce and other factors caused him to become Nightwing. The classic origin (where he meets Superman, hears Kryptonian legends etc) would also be good to see in animated form. They could play on his relationship with Barbara and Bruce throughout the series too.

Nightwing is such a great character, he's really underused when it comes to video games and animated shows relating to Batman.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By graysonofgotham

@LuigiBat said:

I'd love to see a show revolving around Dick Grayson, preferably animated though. I'm sure they could make it interesting and enjoyable enough to gain a lot of popularity. They'd have to spend a few episodes with him as Robin though, to illustrate how his relationship with Bruce and other factors caused him to become Nightwing. The classic origin (where he meets Superman, hears Kryptonian legends etc) would also be good to see in animated form. They could play on his relationship with Barbara and Bruce throughout the series too.

Nightwing is such a great character, he's really underused when it comes to video games and animated shows relating to Batman.

Nightwing has been treated pretty well in cartoons and video games especially in the past few years.

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LuigiBat

@richardjohngrayson said:

@LuigiBat said:

Nightwing has been treated pretty well in cartoons and video games especially in the past few years.

Really?

His appearances in the New Batman Adventures made him out to be little more than an older Robin for the most part in my opinion. I liked the Nightwing DLC for Arkham City, but I'd hope they use him as a story character in the next game. I've only seen a few bits and pieces of Young Justice, but for the most part I don't really enjoy the depiction of Nightwing in that either.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By graysonofgotham

you sound way too picky ;) New Batman Adventures is what made me love him in the first place. I loved his Arkham City DLC. He kicks a ton of ass on Young Justice and I love it. plus he was great in both Lego Batman games and looks to be badass in Injustice Gods. To each his own but I am a very happy Dick Grayson fan.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmoothJammin

I kind of see Young Justice as a Nightwing show. I'm not saying he is THE star but Dick Grayson is with out a doubt a major player on YJ and I'm grateful to have it to watch and enjoy.

There's hardly reason to watch if Dick's not on there. The cast is great but he carries the show

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LuigiBat

you sound way too picky ;) New Batman Adventures is what made me love him in the first place. I loved his Arkham City DLC. He kicks a ton of ass on Young Justice and I love it. plus he was great in both Lego Batman games and looks to be badass in Injustice Gods. To each his own but I am a very happy Dick Grayson fan.

I thought he looked cool in TNBA, I had an action figure of Nightwing from that series, but looking back on the series I think he was underused and underdeveloped. His Arkham City DLC is fun to play, they captured his unique fighting style, my issue is that once more he is underused. I mean, within the storyline of that game Bats could genuinely have died and we're expected to believe that Babs/Alfred wouldn't call Dick in such an event? He could've at least made a couple of cameo appearances in the story, I'll be very annoyed if he doesn't have a role in the 3rd game.

I like that he's appearing in these games/shows and all that, don't get me wrong. I just think that he's not always used enough and when he does appear he doesn't get used to his full potential as a character. I think for too long people have been happy that Dick is just appearing in things when really we should be looking to producers of shows/games to actually give us a good representation of the character (and I don't just mean a good depiction of his suit). I get the feeling that people are too accepting of fairly average depictions of the character, thats my main issue.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By graysonofgotham

@LuigiBat said:

I thought he looked cool in TNBA, I had an action figure of Nightwing from that series, but looking back on the series I think he was underused and underdeveloped. His Arkham City DLC is fun to play, they captured his unique fighting style, my issue is that once more he is underused. I mean, within the storyline of that game Bats could genuinely have died and we're expected to believe that Babs/Alfred wouldn't call Dick in such an event? He could've at least made a couple of cameo appearances in the story, I'll be very annoyed if he doesn't have a role in the 3rd game.

I like that he's appearing in these games/shows and all that, don't get me wrong. I just think that he's not always used enough and when he does appear he doesn't get used to his full potential as a character. I think for too long people have been happy that Dick is just appearing in things when really we should be looking to producers of shows/games to actually give us a good representation of the character (and I don't just mean a good depiction of his suit). I get the feeling that people are too accepting of fairly average depictions of the character, thats my main issue.

Fair enough. Good points.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By ReVamp

I don't think that will happen :'(

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmoothJammin

Lynch the non-believers!

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By darktiger

@r3d_rob1n said:

I think it would be possible to make a Nightwing show that revolves around Dick during his days as a cop in Bludhaven. It would be able to mix the fantasy of a superhero show with the grittiness of a crime drama. Could work well, especially if it threw in some flashbacks to him being the Boy Wonder.

very good idea

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.