Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9411 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

How would you like Dick Grayson to die ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

For me it has to be beyond epic. I dont have a way how he dies but i have thought about the build up to it. First off Bruce is out cold and all the heros including Dick have been through the fight of there lives . Dick then stands up and goes to Barbra and they have an emotinal good bye and share a kiss he then goes over to tim and damien and they also have an emoital good bye. Then he looks over to jason and he just says even though he hates Dick he also respects him. Then Dick goes off and has an awesome death. Then once bruce wakes up every one tells him what happend and Bruce for the second time weaps over the lose of his son

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BatWatch

Dick does a triple somersault and lands at the top of the stairs in Wayne Manor landing beautifully just to show off. When he starts to walk down the stairs, he slips on the polished marble floors and breaks his neck on the stairs.

Irony!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Fight to the Death with Deathstroke

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VampireSelektor

Dick dies in a fight with an intoxicated, furious Batman. Interpret "intoxicated" as you will. The sight of Dick's corpse sends Batman back to reason. The mortally wounded hero weeps for his son as the screen fades black.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackReaper

@VampireSelektor said:

Dick dies in a fight with an intoxicated, furious Batman. Interpret "intoxicated" as you will. The sight of Dick's corpse sends Batman back to reason. The mortally wounded hero weeps for his son as the screen fades black.

Terrible. Batman would be lost forever.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VampireSelektor

@BlackReaper said:

@VampireSelektor said:

I know :). It's one of the more affecting deaths for Dick, if Bruce is still alive. Snyder once said that if Batman were to ever go rogue, Dick would be the one to stop him. I just took that idea and ran with it.

I don't actually want Dick to die yet.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In an epic manner similar to Bruce's "death" towards the end of Final Crisis. He has to go down fighting the good fight, give his life to stop some all powerful threat.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jobbernos

old age.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Squalleon

@joshmightbe said:

Fight to the Death with Deathstroke

With all the superhero community at stake

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Shot in the arse with a rocket launcher. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@Squalleon: With Dick actually giving Slade a run for his money like he did back in the days when Deathstroke was pretty much his arch nemesis. People can say what they will about Dick Grayson but the fact is there was a time when one of the baddest assassins ever saw him as his most worthy adversary.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Squalleon

@joshmightbe said:

@Squalleon: With Dick actually giving Slade a run for his money like he did back in the days when Deathstroke was pretty much his arch nemesis. People can say what they will about Dick Grayson but the fact is there was a time when one of the baddest assassins ever saw him as his most worthy adversary.

I still remember how he tricked deathstroke before the destruction of bludhaven,to tell you the truth that dynamic was what made deathstroke my favorite nightwing villian

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

@Squalleon: The Nightwing/Deathstroke rivalry was at one point one of my favorite rivalries in comics but now most people seem to forget it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Dies fighting Lady Shiva and hundreds of League of Assassins.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatWatch

@joshmightbe said:

@Squalleon: The Nightwing/Deathstroke rivalry was at one point one of my favorite rivalries in comics but now most people seem to forget it.

Really? I've always felt it was very prominently displayed?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

@BatWatch said:

Dick does a triple somersault and lands at the top of the stairs in Wayne Manor landing beautifully just to show off. When he starts to walk down the stairs, he slips on the polished marble floors and breaks his neck on the stairs.

Irony!

You are my hero.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshmightbe

@BatWatch: It used to be but in the last decade or so it seems to be brushed under the rug and I don't even know if any of its cannon now with the New 52

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By KEROGA

READ THIS!!!....please,lol

Dick Grayson gets framed for murder and is sent to bláckgate prison (no one knows hes nightwing)...after a while the inmates found out that he use to be adopted by Bruce Wayne.So its an entire battle royal in the prison for dick in hopes of using him for ransom.nightwing outsmarts the prisoners and puts up a good epic fight.This Happens while Bruce investigates the murder.Bruce then finds out about the current prison riot,he jumps in to the bat mobile and races towards black gate prison.Dick sadly gets surrounded and gets beaten to an inch of his life.Batman breaks into the prison and finds the inmates around Dick's beaten body.Rage consumes Batman and he dominates the prisoners being brutal and breaking a lot of bones.Later Batman carries Dick into the bat mobile and races towards Wayne Manor.He places Dick on Alfred's operating table.Alfred then tries to recover Dick's health,while tears drip from his eyes knowing hes failing.Soon Alfred delivers the news to the rest of the Bat-Family.Everyone mournes and cries.Batman isn't heard from for a week.Tim drake finds Batman in the abandoned Haley's Circus,his kneeing in the center of the main stage.Batman cries and yells from the lost ,as flashbacks of Nightwings origin and first meeting flashes through his mind.Tim places his hand on Batman's shoulder.They cry together.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By graysonofgotham
    @jobbernos said:

old age.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By cameron83

@BatWatch said:

Irony!

LMAO

but he;s not gonna die,but if he is,then I want it to be like this

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tomchu

@cameron83 said:

@BatWatch said:

Irony!

LMAO

LOL

If you cant have a regular death, might as well die with style than with dignity.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

#24  Edited By broo1232

Killed by a clown but it turns out it's the Joker! And he's brought back mind wiped and the Joker is using he would come back they never stay dead.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BatWatch

@joshmightbe said:

@BatWatch: It used to be but in the last decade or so it seems to be brushed under the rug and I don't even know if any of its cannon now with the New 52

I'm almost certain Dick and Slade battled during Dick's time as Batman, and I could have sworn I had seen it referenced a few times, but I'm a Tim follower at heart, and Dick has been on my periphery until recently.

@tomchu said:

@cameron83 said:

@BatWatch said:

Irony!

LMAO

LOL

If you cant have a regular death, might as well die with style than with dignity.

I like my way better. (winks)

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leading every generation of Titan against an alliance of old enemies, gives up his life while dealing a crippling blow and wiping away unfinished business in one clean stroke.

Batman stands at his grave, grieving yet proud.

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nightwingdg

An old aged Dick Grayson dons the Nightwing suit one last time and fights along side Damian Batman to fight terrible evil. Nightwing willingly sacrifices himself for Damian to save the universe!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Glitch_Spawnsaid:

I wouldn't...

@jobbernos

said:

old age.

What they said!

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By tomlikesfries

I would prefer if he didn't lol.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmoothJammin

I prefer he lose his memory but retain all of his skills like Jason Bourne. Dump him somewhere far away from Gotham for awhile but not kill him, with the off chance that maybe someday he'll find his way back home to his family. Sadists, the lot of you lol

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#31  Edited By cbishop

My initial thought was, "I wouldn't," but if I have to consider it, then...

...I think he should die falling from a trapeze...

...if at all possible, shot while in mid-air, reaching for the coming trapeze bar...

...and voila, Dick Grayson: Deadman II. ;)

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sunhawk

Smothered by Starfire's cleavage during sex.

homosexuality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By homosexuality

being killed by a vampire then brought back as one ,him and jubilee could join forces if they ever meet again.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By PowerHerc

I'd rather he live.

britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By britsera

In a fight. He really does enjoy crimefighting, unlike Bruce who sees it as a job.

captainspidey1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By captainspidey1

Fight in Amusement Mile with Harley Quinn on trapezes. Harley does a triple somersault in the air and kicks him in the chest and he starts falling. Then Gorilla Grodd uses his telepathy to make Sonia Zucco shoot Dick with the same gun her dad used to kill Dick's parents.Nightwing finally hits the ground clutching his chest. Barbara, Damien, Jason and Tim are hanging from the ceiling in cages watching all terrified. Batman finally rushes in, but Deathstroke stops him, telling him "Kill Dick, and we'll let your bat-family go." While Batman is forced to snap Dick's neck, Harley broadcasts it on live national tv.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#37  Edited By TheCannon

This is the same way I want him to die:

Earth-1610 Ultimate
    Earth-1610 Ultimate
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By End_Boss

This seems as good a place as any for general DotF speculation, so I'll throw this one out here:

What if it isn't Dick that dies, but Damien? It would kinda' make sense, giving Bruce yet another reason to never forgive the Joker ever (and maybe make him break his one rule?) as well as opening the way for that trollop that's been ghosting Batman to become the next Robin. I mean, as far as I can tell, Damien isn't exactly beloved by the fanbase (although all of you haters need to take a step back and realize that yes, in fact, Damien is exactly what Bruce would have been at eleven), so it's not too much of a stretch to see it happening. The only strike against the theory, as far as I can tell, is that Damien has only been around for a very short while (well, and we also see Damien as an adult in Batman #666, but that can all be done away with the magical properties of handwaveium) in comparison to other members of the family.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By John Valentine

@KEROGA said:

Dick Grayson gets framed for murder and is sent to bláckgate prison (no one knows hes nightwing)...after a while the inmates found out that he use to be adopted by Bruce Wayne.So its an entire battle royal in the prison for dick in hopes of using him for ransom.nightwing outsmarts the prisoners and puts up a good epic fight.This Happens while Bruce investigates the murder.Bruce then finds out about the current prison riot,he jumps in to the bat mobile and races towards black gate prison.Dick sadly gets surrounded and gets beaten to an inch of his life.Batman breaks into the prison and finds the inmates around Dick's beaten body.Rage consumes Batman and he dominates the prisoners being brutal and breaking a lot of bones.Later Batman carries Dick into the bat mobile and races towards Wayne Manor.He places Dick on Alfred's operating table.Alfred then tries to recover Dick's health,while tears drip from his eyes knowing hes failing.Soon Alfred delivers the news to the rest of the Bat-Family.Everyone mournes and cries.Batman isn't heard from for a week.Tim drake finds Batman in the abandoned Haley's Circus,his kneeing in the center of the main stage.Batman cries and yells from the lost ,as flashbacks of Nightwings origin and first meeting flashes through his mind.Tim places his hand on Batman's shoulder.They cry together.

A tear is currently flowing down my cheek.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vernierhawk001

@KEROGA said:

I like the ending a lot (the part with bruce being in Haly's. Not sure if Tim would be the one to comfort him as the Tim/Dick dynamic doesn't seem to be the same in New 52. Like...basically non-existent.

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

In an epic manner similar to Bruce's "death" towards the end of Final Crisis. He has to go down fighting the good fight, give his life to stop some all powerful threat.

yup

@Z3RO180 said:

For me it has to be beyond epic. I dont have a way how he dies but i have thought about the build up to it. First off Bruce is out cold and all the heros including Dick have been through the fight of there lives . Dick then stands up and goes to Barbra and they have an emotinal good bye and share a kiss he then goes over to tim and damien and they also have an emoital good bye. Then he looks over to jason and he just says even though he hates Dick he also respects him. Then Dick goes off and has an awesome death. Then once bruce wakes up every one tells him what happend and Bruce for the second time weaps over the lose of his son

Sounds good to me. Basically, any scenario in which he "steps up to the plate," saves his family and does it with a smile.....flying in the face of insane odds with his characteristic charm and optimism. It also has to have a HUGE impact on the the superhero community at large or the Bat family (realistically, it would have to be the Batfamily since he doesn't seem to have many relations with the larger superhero community in New 52 continuity)

@VampireSelektor said:

@BlackReaper said:

@VampireSelektor said:

I know :). It's one of the more affecting deaths for Dick, if Bruce is still alive. Snyder once said that if Batman were to ever go rogue, Dick would be the one to stop him. I just took that idea and ran with it.

I don't actually want Dick to die yet.

Dick versus Bruce would be epic...but not Dick as he is right now

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#41  Edited By Strider1992

Of a vasectomy.....oh the irony.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

I don't want him to die but if he is going to die it should be by either Joker or Deathstroke.By Joker:getting tortured and eventually die from blood loss.

From Deathstroke:fight to the death.

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darkwingdan

"How would you like Dick Grayson to die?"

Like Ultimate Peter Parker, not 616 Peter Parker.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Ok joker just shot batgirl in the back AGAIN between dick and joker is like literally 75 clowns armed to the teeth. Dick goes crazy enraged like a damn tornado ripping through henchmen all death blows I'm talking split skulls slit throats joker is laughing the whole time and by the time he's down to like 30 clowns joker is crapping his pants. Kind of doing scared chuckles and giggles. Starts walking back. 10 clowns left he turns and runs (btw bat man is trapper inside like a birthday cake or something retarded like that) anyway joker is then THUNK! Wing ding the the lower portion or the spinal column joker drops. His legs are useless he's crawling now screaming! Dick flips him over at this point dick is shot like 15 times lacerations on almost every inch of his body and just start laying into joker with nasty haymakers ground and pound beats him within and inch of his life takes jokers gun and pOw! Right Between the eyes. Dick stumbles back to Barbara falls to his knees. She's still breathing. Kisses her on the forehead and falls over an bleeds out in the rain. Smiling. Now there's your damn finale!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.