How Long Do You Want Dick to Stay as Batman?

#1 Posted by jlat89 (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, we all know Bruce is on his way back, he will be Batman again someday...but when do you think it'll happen?

#2 Posted by Edamame (28294 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick%Pr

#3 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@jlat89: I don't know.... Dick was raped. Anyone who was raped obviously doesn't have what it take to be Batman. He just laid there and took it too. That's not Batman material at all. 
#4 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him as Batman and he deserves to finally have the mantle passed on to him but I doubt DC will ever kill off Bruce because every one knows he is Batman even if they don't read comics, but seen as their are three Flashes and five green lanterns I don't see a reason that their can't be two Batmen, they could solve twice as many crimes and cover a wider area of Gotham and make Batman more of a myth again.

@King Quisling:   this was discussed in another topic he was never raped.  

#5 Posted by Omegaman10 (541 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate dick as batman, its just not right. Batman isnt one of those characters where you can switch whos under the mask....dick was way better as nightwing.
#6 Posted by DevilmanEX (617 posts) - - Show Bio

as soon as Batman comes back they should switch aroo.  As long as Bruce is dead it's cool but as soon as he comes back be it this summer or next year he should rescind.  Dick should get a new identity though, more Batty than Nightwing afterwards. 

#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

A while.

#8 Posted by darkstorm1 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of wish bruce was dead longer.  Give Dick more time under the mask and what not.  Plus the longer bruce was dead the more significance his return would have meant.
#9 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

same problem as the bucky cap situation, you know they are inevitably going to step down, but by doing this, it feels like the character is going backward.

#10 Posted by batmanfan0 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

They should keep Dick as Batman he has done well with the mantle. Hell he figured out who Oberon Sexton is and realized that when Deathstroke was controlling Damian he suffered the pain Damian did. Why can't Bruce be someone else this could be a new era in Bruce Wayne's life. Who knows maybe he could form a team with Cassandra, Jason, and Wonder Woman.

#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@batmanfan0 said:
" They should keep Dick as Batman he has done well with the mantle. Hell he figured out who Oberon Sexton is and realized that when Deathstroke was controlling Damian he suffered the pain Damian did. Why can't Bruce be someone else this could be a new era in Bruce Wayne's life. Who knows maybe he could form a team with Cassandra, Jason, and Wonder Woman. "
true
#12 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

2 people wearing a slightly different Batman cowl would be fine

#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

he should stay as Batman until someone younger takes over the mantle... Terry or Damien
#14 Posted by Jake Fury (18944 posts) - - Show Bio

He should stay on as Batman and Bruce could be Nightwing to throw Gotham's criminals off kilter.
#15 Posted by Jake Fury (18944 posts) - - Show Bio

or even better Bruce as Robin...hahahaaha
#16 Posted by descendentsage (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is an awsome batman but bruce is the genuine article. I like the nightwinhg charecter and would be happy if dick went back to it but if he was to stay batman or be a second batman i think wed all keep reading

#17 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
@descendentsage:
i know i would for sure
#18 Posted by Captain13 (3408 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked him as Nightwing, but I think he should stay as Batman because anything else would be a step back in his character development. 2 Batmen makes more sense anyway. Batman could be in several places at the same time, he could solve more crimes, and I could start believing that Batman could help Gotham and the JL at the same time. Just don't make their costumes look exactly alike. Like Theodore said, give them different cowls and maybe give them different Bat-symbols.

#19 Posted by ChristopherWilliams (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a feeling that when bruce dies comeback he will not rush into putting on the cowl again and continue to let dick be batman for a while until the time is right to take back his mantle.
#20 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5459 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Bruce Wayne isn't around, Dick will do well as Batman.

#21 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" he should stay as Batman until someone younger takes over the mantle... Terry or Damien "
agreed,
#22 Posted by Kid weather (460 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dick should pass it over to Damien since it is Bat's son and all.

#23 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid weather said:
"I think Dick should pass it over to Damien since it is Bat's son and all. "

i agree and i think Terry should come after him
#24 Posted by gallagher410 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I love how they made Grayson Batman, let's face it, Bruce Wayne was getting old, im not saying he still couldn't kick ass, but unlike Steve Rogers of Marvel, Wayne ages, it would have only been a matter of time until someone stepped in. Dick Grayson i think will be a great batman. it'll be different too, because he was more of an acrobat than Wayne; he's a lot wittier and sarcastic, Wayne even said he considered Grayson his protoge, he will do well. Plus its not like the Wayne line is ending, Damian is still around and will eventually succeed Grayson. Either way, im glad to see a change in the comic book timeline. they need to kill off joker and bring a arch nemesis for Grayson.
#25 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@gallagher410 said:
" Personally, I love how they made Grayson Batman, let's face it, Bruce Wayne was getting old, im not saying he still couldn't kick ass, but unlike Steve Rogers of Marvel, Wayne ages, it would have only been a matter of time until someone stepped in. Dick Grayson i think will be a great batman. it'll be different too, because he was more of an acrobat than Wayne; he's a lot wittier and sarcastic, Wayne even said he considered Grayson his protoge, he will do well. Plus its not like the Wayne line is ending, Damian is still around and will eventually succeed Grayson. Either way, im glad to see a change in the comic book timeline. they need to kill off joker and bring a arch nemesis for Grayson. "
this is exactly the way i want it to go down, except after Dick steps down and before Damian takes over Tim should take up the cowl for a few years four at max (comic time)
#26 Posted by gallagher410 (18 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK:
yea actually , you're right, i love how Tim Drake is more detectively inclined like Batman was, he would be an awesome batman, but it would also be kinda neat if he made his own superhero, actually, didn't he become some red robin in an alternate univ.?
#27 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

i want dick to continue to be batman and i want dick to start becoming 'Command' the voice in batmans head, watching his back, helping out from behind the scenes
#28 Posted by ojalife (9 posts) - - Show Bio

He will be Batmana until Bucky stops being Cap, or a couple of months later.  Both Steve and Bruce will enjoy their "new" life and stay like that a little while like that. Then in a year or so, both will get back their true identitites
#29 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone, Tim Drake would be most suitable to take the mantle of Batman

#30 Posted by DeadlyWolverine (224 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it takes for the writers to make a good storyline for the return of Bruce.

#31 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Until January, then have him revert back to Nightwing and have his own ongoing series with the Flash, a good idea I heard on the NW fansite. He should continue molding Damian  and become a globe trotting hero. Keep him on the active jla roster. Continue to settle the score with Deathstroke. Skies the limit for this guy, lets not drop the ball on him DC!

#32 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him but it's like Bucky Cap I prefer Bruce Wayne/Steve Rogers over Dick Grayson/Bucky Barnes and I hope Bruce gets the mantle back and KEEPS it.
#33 Posted by Planewalker (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever, still DC had to go back and bring Bruce back...

#34 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Until Bruce comes back of course. There's only one real Batman.

#35 Posted by yankeemanf (192 posts) - - Show Bio

i think that dick should remain as batman and bruce play a part like he does in the batman beyond animated series and now comic book series and bruce should worry more bout his company and raising damien.. i think this would be a great idea cuz damien needs guidance not just guidance fighting crime but fatherly guidance at home soo damien doesnt become evil over time

#36 Posted by ombla2 (104 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he should stay as Batman for a while and then be Nightwing again

#37 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

forever
#38 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

He's already been "Batman" for too long. There is only one Batman and his name is Bruce.

#39 Posted by Telcalipoca (962 posts) - - Show Bio

dickie bird should go back to nightwing since being called dickie bird while being batman doesnt fit.

#40 Posted by Gotham's Dark Knight (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@yankeemanf said:
" i think that dick should remain as batman and bruce play a part like he does in the batman beyond animated series and now comic book series and bruce should worry more bout his company and raising damien.. i think this would be a great idea cuz damien needs guidance not just guidance fighting crime but fatherly guidance at home soo damien doesnt become evil over time "
You must be crazy.  Bruce is in the batcave doing nothing? You how many people will rage over this. Anyways, I think should stay until sometime next year(or 2012) Then go back to being Nightwing. Maybe with a new costume, or at least wings.(something like Spiderman 2099)
#41 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember seeing the a special feature in UTRH, someone saying that Dick was always meant to be Batman at some point of his life or something.

#42 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5459 posts) - - Show Bio

Till he dies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.