Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

how do you think the future dick will turn out?

ultimatejones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ultimatejones

what do you think the future holds for dick ?

in batman beyond things dont turn out so well and in the future miller universe things dont turn out well 

i personally think dick does not deserve such a bad future for such a nice character

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmoothJammin

Personally man, I think it would be awesome if during the aftermath of Inc. we see Grayson standing in the devestation of the batbunker with tattered remnants of his batsuit clinging off him. He should tear off the the rest of the cowl, ripping the bat insignia from his chest altogether and  proceed to walk down a loooong highway with a sign reading 'now leaving gotham' hanging by the wayside as things with Bruce had become personal again(maybe they both save the world, but at the cost of Damians life--much to the dismay of Dick) Tim, equally battered, sees him off but says nothing realizing his pain. I picture Alfred getting emotional and asking "Master Bruce, where will he go..?" and Bruce unshakably answering "To find hope."    

Not in his right mind.. the next time we see Dick he's still soldiering on aimlessly when suddenly approached by fellow leaguer Saint Walker, who hands him a unique utility belt developed by Ganthet. It has a blue power ring hardwired into it that channels hope from its wearer. It begins to resonate. Walker gives him an offer to redeem himself and In his miserey, Dick accepts. 
    His mission: Reclaim Bludhaven. Inspire. (He fastens his utitlity belt, and a redesigned Nightwing suit manifests itself with Adara's glowing bird symbol on his chest, similar to the one from his original NW costume) BL Nightwing sprouts blue gliders under his arms and shoots off.)  

lol I know it's a little out there but to me everything just falls in place in a way that his character isn't degraded and the new plot device gives him a sense of purpose. I imagine theres still tons of metas and hopeless residents alike who stuck around after chemo was dropped on their city. I've just always wanted Dick to find some closure there I guess.
    junkmasterzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By junkmasterzero
    @SmoothJammin: Wow.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134
    @SmoothJammin:
    I won't like him again until he quits being Batman
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis

He should be batman forever alongside bruce. 
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Go back to being Nightwing. That's who he is, not a Batman.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmoothJammin
    @daredevil21134:
    The only reason I like Dick as Batman is for the mainstream appeal, ppl are finally taking notice. I think they dropped the ball on Nightwing and Tomasi was on the cusp of revolutionizing his series when Bruce up and died. All those crossovers really screwed him over, the shadow of the bat would draw him back in even though he had his own agenda. I'd like more than anything to see Nightwing again, but if and when he comes back the brilliant leader/detective niche must hold. He shouldn't be looked down upon after all his accomplishments. Thats why I vote blue power ring. He won't be overpowered since the ring provides limited flight capability(in his case maybe he can construct gliders under his arms through willpower/hope) and limited protective aura(it could help his resilience to bullets and lower level metas like Slade who could man handle him in the spandex).  
    But it has to be gimmicky, like instead of just a ring the guardians of the universe in their infinite knowledge should design it in the form of a utility belt to play to his strength of gadgetry. Besides Grayson is essentialy a beacon of hope in a dark dark world, so it just feels right anyways. I also thought it would be interesing since the themes correlate. Take for instance the Bird emblem he wore in The New Adventures of Batman/Teen Titans/The Batman 

First off the bat(see what I did there?), the suits colors coordinate nicely and you can easily modify it to appear as one of a Blue Lantern. The Bird symbol could stay and signify Adara-the representation of Hope in the emotional spectrum, to give it some meaning. Placement of the traditional BL logo goes on his belt buckle instead since the chest space is occupied.  
    Also note that every member of the BL corps plays a faith based/religious role, Warth=Hindu God, Brother Hynm=Shaolin Monk, Saint walker=Christianity Fish, Sister Sercy=Muslim woman, ...Dick could just as easily grow his hair out and be the messiah lol. He doesn't need to be all jesus freak though, the purpose would be for him to instill hope unto others, something he does naturally & since he's got all the DC heroes on speed dial, the ability to rally comes in handy wherever his travails would lead him. I've always liked the idea of a globe trotting Nightwing. One, since he was born in a circus and that was a way of life for him and two, for reasons I listed above-he could do frequent team ups with just about any hero he encounters ala batman brave and the bold(except Dick could actually pull it off in the comics since he's a fun character). It would put some good distance between him and the bat thats for sure. 
    Make him a frontrunner in the JLA, don't just bring the big 3 back. The ring would make all the difference for him as a leader. It's power can give him improved manueverability for directing his troops in a heated battle, not that  he needs it~and he can glide! Batman beyond style. 
    Because his utility belt is only a variant of the actual ring itself, it should be uniquely limited to its correspondence with a green lantern. Maybe he can't harness it's true power but he can use it for defensive tasks like creating safety nets/energy batarangs or more tedious things like constructing forensics equipment on the go. There's a lot of potential to be had for a BL Nightwing. Bruce has worn the green, yellow and white ring so it's only fair.
    RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#8  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @SmoothJammin: Interesting concept but the writers and publishers would never give Bruce or Dick superpowers.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "Go back to being Nightwing. That's who he is, not a Batman. "

Bill finger of all people wrote him as batman,give the guy a chance.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis said:

"He should be batman forever alongside bruce.  "

You really want that as a Batman fan? I understand temporily but forever?That seems a little too mucj
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmoothJammin
    @daredevil21134:
    I would hate this. Dick Grayson needs desperately to be his own man..  
    If Nightwing spearheaded the JLA he would gain so much credibility. Or even better--team him up with his best bud, Wally West for a mini I'm sure ppl would love that

Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hopefully bruce actually does cut his head off sooner or later.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @kev17 said:
    "hopefully bruce actually does cut his head off sooner or later. "

Slade is'nt amused.
    @SmoothJammin said:
    "@daredevil21134: I would hate this. Dick Grayson needs desperately to be his own man..  If Nightwing spearheaded the JLA he would gain so much credibility. Or even better--team him up with his best bud, Wally West for a mini I'm sure ppl would love that  "

He should create a new badass identity after being batman,even if we revert to the old status quo then do so in a way that it feels like the characters have progressed.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @SmoothJammin said:
    "
    Personally man, I think it would be awesome if during the aftermath of Inc. we see Grayson standing in the devestation of the batbunker with tattered remnants of his batsuit clinging off him. He should tear off the the rest of the cowl, ripping the bat insignia from his chest altogether and  proceed to walk down a loooong highway with a sign reading 'now leaving gotham' hanging by the wayside as things with Bruce had become personal again(maybe they both save the world, but at the cost of Damians life--much to the dismay of Dick) Tim, equally battered, sees him off but says nothing realizing his pain. I picture Alfred getting emotional and asking "Master Bruce, where will he go..?" and Bruce unshakably answering "To find hope."     Not in his right mind.. the next time we see Dick he's still soldiering on aimlessly when suddenly approached by fellow leaguer Saint Walker, who hands him a unique utility belt developed by Ganthet. It has a blue power ring hardwired into it that channels hope from its wearer. It begins to resonate. Walker gives him an offer to redeem himself and In his miserey, Dick accepts. His mission: Reclaim Bludhaven. Inspire. (He fastens his utitlity belt, and a redesigned Nightwing suit manifests itself with Adara's glowing bird symbol on his chest, similar to the one from his original NW costume) BL Nightwing sprouts blue gliders under his arms and shoots off.)   lol I know it's a little out there but to me everything just falls in place in a way that his character isn't degraded and the new plot device gives him a sense of purpose. I imagine theres still tons of metas and hopeless residents alike who stuck around after chemo was dropped on their city. I've just always wanted Dick to find some closure there I guess. "

I do kinda like that. I wand Barry Allen to get some Blue Lantern powers back too.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daredevil21134
    @SmoothJammin said:
    "@daredevil21134: I would hate this. Dick Grayson needs desperately to be his own man..  If Nightwing spearheaded the JLA he would gain so much credibility. Or even better--team him up with his best bud, Wally West for a mini I'm sure ppl would love that  "

I agree
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF
    DarkBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkBird
    @EnSabahNurX: it was a clone that not dick who lost his eye 
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmoothJammin
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#21  Edited By Dracade102

I liked him better as the Batman... Without him, I'd hardly care what happens to the bat-mantle right now...

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Telcalipoca

his going to be in gotham as such he will be an agent of bruce in his city. until he leaves gotham for his own city dick will never be in his own hero.hope sometime in the future he leaves

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By redwingx
    @Telcalipoca: Why would he leave? Gotham is his city along with the rest of the bat members. He has the same goal as Bruce and thats to save Gotham.
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By the_tree

I hope he grows old, keeps in touch with Bruce, goes back to a rebuilt Bludhaven, stays as Nightwing, and goes on to train Flamebird sidekicks for the rest of his life.

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Telcalipoca
    @redwingx said:
    @Telcalipoca: Why would he leave? Gotham is his city along with the rest of the bat members. He has the same goal as Bruce and thats to save Gotham.
    he wont its just something id like to happen later on in the future.Gotham isnt any ones city but bruces ,anyone who operates does so because he allows them.for this reason  id like him to leave gotham and establish himself in another city.where he would be the main protector his own man, achieving A list super hero status not just an agent of the bat working in gotham.
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VampireSelektor
    @Telcalipoca said:
    @redwingx said:
    he wont its just something id like to happen later on in the future.Gotham isnt any ones city but bruces ,anyone who operates does so because he allows them.for this reason  id like him to leave gotham and establish himself in another city.where he would be the main protector his own man, achieving A list super hero status not just an agent of the bat working in gotham.

I think Alan Scott would disagree.... : )  

Seriously though, the Robins and Batgirls have earned their right to operate in Gotham. It's the miscellanious characters who need permits.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Gambit1024
    @SmoothJammin said:

Personally man, I think it would be awesome if during the aftermath of Inc. we see Grayson standing in the devestation of the batbunker with tattered remnants of his batsuit clinging off him. He should tear off the the rest of the cowl, ripping the bat insignia from his chest altogether and  proceed to walk down a loooong highway with a sign reading 'now leaving gotham' hanging by the wayside as things with Bruce had become personal again(maybe they both save the world, but at the cost of Damians life--much to the dismay of Dick) Tim, equally battered, sees him off but says nothing realizing his pain. I picture Alfred getting emotional and asking "Master Bruce, where will he go..?" and Bruce unshakably answering "To find hope."     Not in his right mind.. the next time we see Dick he's still soldiering on aimlessly when suddenly approached by fellow leaguer Saint Walker, who hands him a unique utility belt developed by Ganthet. It has a blue power ring hardwired into it that channels hope from its wearer. It begins to resonate. Walker gives him an offer to redeem himself and In his miserey, Dick accepts. His mission: Reclaim Bludhaven. Inspire. (He fastens his utitlity belt, and a redesigned Nightwing suit manifests itself with Adara's glowing bird symbol on his chest, similar to the one from his original NW costume) BL Nightwing sprouts blue gliders under his arms and shoots off.)   lol I know it's a little out there but to me everything just falls in place in a way that his character isn't degraded and the new plot device gives him a sense of purpose. I imagine theres still tons of metas and hopeless residents alike who stuck around after chemo was dropped on their city. I've just always wanted Dick to find some closure there I guess.
    That's beautiful, man. lol
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SmoothJammin
    @Gambit1024

There is a method to the madness I tell you! It gives a chance for the Batverse to crossover into the GL books like never before. Dick would finally gain a small edge in battle(how is leading a superhero team into war against intergalactic threats believable for any mere mortal? Batman doesn't even plunge into action like Grayson does) Nightwing in his old TT days adventured in space, on Earth and all kinds of different dimensions. Throwing a blue lantern's abilities on him would only strengthen his claim as DC's most connected superhero. His travels in deep space with GL's would be epic and in Gotham, away from the lanterns (most of)those innate powers would reside and he can just as easily slip back into his crime fighting ways/detective work.
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SmoothJammin

@Telcalipoca: @Telcalipoca said:

@redwingx said:
    he wont its just something id like to happen later on in the future.Gotham isnt any ones city but bruces ,anyone who operates does so because he allows them.for this reason id like him to leave gotham and establish himself in another city.where he would be the main protector his own man, achieving A list super hero status not just an agent of the bat working in gotham.

That's always been my dream for Nightwing.

@Gambit1024 said:

@SmoothJammin said:
    Personally man, I think it would be awesome if during the aftermath of Inc. we see Grayson standing in the devestation of the batbunker with tattered remnants of his batsuit clinging off him. He should tear off the the rest of the cowl, ripping the bat insignia from his chest altogether and proceed to walk down a loooong highway with a sign reading 'now leaving gotham' hanging by the wayside as things with Bruce had become personal again(maybe they both save the world, but at the cost of Damians life--much to the dismay of Dick) Tim, equally battered, sees him off but says nothing realizing his pain. I picture Alfred getting emotional and asking "Master Bruce, where will he go..?" and Bruce unshakably answering "To find hope." Not in his right mind.. the next time we see Dick he's still soldiering on aimlessly when suddenly approached by fellow leaguer Saint Walker, who hands him a unique utility belt developed by Ganthet. It has a blue power ring hardwired into it that channels hope from its wearer. It begins to resonate. Walker gives him an offer to redeem himself and In his miserey, Dick accepts. His mission: Reclaim Bludhaven. Inspire. (He fastens his utitlity belt, and a redesigned Nightwing suit manifests itself with Adara's glowing bird symbol on his chest, similar to the one from his original NW costume) BL Nightwing sprouts blue gliders under his arms and shoots off.) lol I know it's a little out there but to me everything just falls in place in a way that his character isn't degraded and the new plot device gives him a sense of purpose. I imagine theres still tons of metas and hopeless residents alike who stuck around after chemo was dropped on their city. I've just always wanted Dick to find some closure there I guess.
    That's beautiful, man. lol

A part of me still wish this happened. If Morrison hadn't of put Batman Inc on hiatus to work on Multiversity and we were still in the midst of the War of Light event, the timing would've been perfect for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.