Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

he started crime fighting at eight??? (nightwing)

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G'bandit

Born to a family of acrobats, Dick Grayson lived an exciting childhood while growing up in the circus. His parents were John and Mary Grayson, and as a family, formed "The Flying Grayson's," famed trapeze artists and acrobats.

These happy times would soon take a turn for the worst, as the mafia had begun targeting the circus. At eight years old, Dick witnessed mob boss Anthony Zucco threaten the circus owner, demanding insurance for the safety of his performers. The owner vehemently refused the extortion and Dick went along his way. Unfortunately, Zucco decided to use the headlining act- which happened to be The Flying Graysons- as an example. Young Dick was helpless as he watched his parents die.

i mean DC comics are more realistic but i dont see my nine years old green belt karate naphew beating me.... is hard to believe he started at that age..
    well maybe they changed it... did they? or is in record he started at eight?

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
    Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Akira Overdrive

LMAO.He would kick your ass at eight.Mine too lol.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

I think the age that Dick Grayson had when he became Robin has changed a few times because of events and attempts to don't make Batman look old

I remember that in All Star Batman & Robin (which is the most recent comic I've seen adressing it) Dick Grayson is 12 years old when he becomes Robin, don't know if that's official

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gottheit

Well, that's All Star, so, only in the All Star universe.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

All Star ain't a parallel universe, at least it hasn't been tell that it is

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#6  Edited By Mighty Thorion
    G'bandit said:
    "

Born to a family of acrobats, Dick Grayson lived an exciting childhood while growing up in the circus. His parents were John and Mary Grayson, and as a family, formed "The Flying Grayson's," famed trapeze artists and acrobats.

These happy times would soon take a turn for the worst, as the mafia had begun targeting the circus. At eight years old, Dick witnessed mob boss Anthony Zucco threaten the circus owner, demanding insurance for the safety of his performers. The owner vehemently refused the extortion and Dick went along his way. Unfortunately, Zucco decided to use the headlining act- which happened to be The Flying Graysons- as an example. Young Dick was helpless as he watched his parents die.

i mean DC comics are more realistic but i dont see my nine years old green belt karate naphew beating me.... is hard to believe he started at that age..

"

I think you're right -he was 8 or 9. Obviously Golden Age hoods were old, fat and slow!
    Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Gottheit

No, it's a parallel, I'm pretty sure.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Apparition
    G'bandit said:
    "

"

more realistic?  than what?

Akira Overdrive
    said:
    "LMAO.He would kick your ass at eight.Mine too lol.
    "

i dont think an eight year old boy could even beat me up!
    Adam Warlock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Adam Warlock_

I kinda assume it went like this:

Oh stranger i don't want the candy from your pocket... HAH! In your face gangster!

*Guy actually reviels candy from his pocket and looks weird*

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthunter
    Gottheit said:
    "No, it's a parallel, I'm pretty sure."
    if it's then it hasn't been stated as oneApparition said:
    "G'bandit said:
    "

"

Akira Overdrive
    said:
    "

i dont think an eight year old boy could even beat me up!"
    He beated Jordan's sorry ass, he could take you down any day of the week lol
    Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Apparition
    Nighthunter said:
    "Gottheit said:
    "G'bandit said:
    "

"

Akira Overdrive
    said:
    "

"

really?  i'd like to see that little eight year old climb out of his comic book and even try anything with me!
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12  Edited By No_Name_

LMAO APPLE

I dont think Tim Drake was much older when he started was he?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Apparition

lol no i think he was right about the same age

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nighthunter
    Apparition said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Gottheit said:
    "G'bandit said:
    "

"

Akira Overdrive
    said:
    "

"

really?  i'd like to see that little eight year old climb out of his comic book and even try anything with me!"
    roflol
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Virago

I was thinking the same thing about Captain America's Bucky -- there's no way I'd let either chumps take me down, much less supervillains.

Avatar image for knightlyvengence
    KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KnightlyVengence

um... after a couple months with Batman I bet a four-year-old could take you down...

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By G'bandit

so tim jason and dick where really young.. kids... umm.... do you guys think the batcave is part of never never land park???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.