Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Go Vote Team Dick

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/comic-book-question-of-the-week-voting-who-s-your--1546227/?page=1

A new CV poll was started by k4tzm4n to see who our favorite Robin is. As of right now, Time Drake is pulling a plurality of the votes so we Dick fans have to step our cheerleading game up. Mobilize!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

But Tim is my favorite Robin. He's the best Robin, and most suited to the role. I've always preferred Dick as Nightwing. Tim is still a friggin' Robin.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for bringing this to out attention, bro. I voted for our boy.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmoothJammin

Time Drake sucks ass

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmoothJammin

@jaken7: Liar! He was never Robin in the new 52 >_>

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time Drake sucks ass

Yeah, but Tim Drake is awesome

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Even the CCO of DC is ignoring Lobdell, as evidenced by the numerous times Tim is called "Robin" in Forever Evil #2, and how he is referred to as "Red Robin" 0 times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But tim drake was the best robin. Tim drake for the win. *and I have a minor grudge against dick for kicking tim out of the robin role.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RustyRoy

Damian for the win. He made Robin cool.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@smoothjammin said:

Time Drake sucks ass

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Pffffft as if. Tim Drake is the name witness protection handed him, no? How are you going to follow a comic book character when you don't even know his true identity? Besides, nobody likes a creep. He should stay hidden.

No Caption Provided

Even the CCO of DC is ignoring Lobdell, as evidenced by the numerous times Tim is called "Robin" in Forever Evil #2, and how he is referred to as "Red Robin" 0 times.

Riggght because Carrie Kelly doesn't have 1000x greater odds of actually showing up in current B&R issue, or better yet, replacing Damian. Where is your God now?
    Riggght because Carrie Kelly doesn't have 1000x greater odds of actually showing up in current B&R issue, or better yet, replacing Damian. Where is your God now?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JakeN7

@smoothjammin said:

@jaken7 said:

@smoothjammin said:

Time Drake sucks ass

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Pffffft as if. Tim Drake is the name witness protection handed him, no? How are you going to follow a comic book character when you don't even know his true identity? Besides, nobody likes a creep. He should stay hidden.

No Caption Provided

Are you Scott Lobdell?

Carrie Kelley? A girl can't be Robin...

No Caption Provided

No but seriously...

You make me so MAD!!!
    You make me so MAD!!!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@smoothjammin said:

@jaken7 said:

@smoothjammin said:

Time Drake sucks ass

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Are you Scott Lobdell?

Carrie Kelley? A girl can't be Robin...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Stephanie Brown, and Helena Wayne disagree with you.

No but seriously...

You make me so MAD!!!
    You make me so MAD!!!

Piss off our thread then you little milk drinker.
    Piss off our thread then you little milk drinker.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin: I just read through that thread you linked, and I realize I should just stop now. It's not even so much that you like Dick (lol), it's that you're a notorious Tim hater.

So...

No Caption Provided

Hahaha! :P

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmoothJammin

trololololol...

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alak

Wha... what has this thread turned into???

***EDIT***

So good news. Dick Grayson has now pulled ahead of the notorious Time Drake (Tim's evil twin/imposter). As long as the momentum keeps up for the rest of the week, Dick should take the win!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin: I'm depressed now because Jennifer Lawrence vs the Game of Thrones universe is something I must have, but I know I'll never get. Doesn't matter that I win with my opinion (you know it :P), we all lose with that unfortunate reality.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Breadspread

I voted Grayson. As interesting as Dick's story is, it's that he does more for Bruce's character than any other.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin: People can't seperate Nightwing from Robin. Dick only grew as a character when he STOPPED being Robin. That's not true for Tim or Damian. Best Batman supporting character? Dick easy. Best Robin? Definitely not Dick.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alak
    @jaken7 said:

@smoothjammin: People can't seperate Nightwing from Robin. Dick only grew as a character when he STOPPED being Robin. That's not true for Tim or Damian. Best Batman supporting character? Dick easy. Best Robin? Definitely not Dick.

Not even remotely true. He had plenty of growth during his 20 year run as Robin, but a lot of people fail to recognize this because it A) happened so long ago and B) they don't even go back and read the books. He didn't just spontaneously grow from an 8-year old kid to a Teen Titan leader. Even if you don't like reading older comic books, there are plenty of modern takes on Dick Grayson as Robin. He recently (relative term) appears in Dark Victory, Robin: Year One, Batgirl: Year One, Nightwing: Year One, and he even had some good showings in the New 52. For you to say that Dick had no character development until he became Nightwing is the same as me saying that Tim had no development until he became Red Robin. It's just not true.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JakeN7

@alak: Ok, Tim and Damian had almost infinitely MORE growth in the role of Robin. Better? You and I both know Dick is a better character as Nightwing than Robin...or else maybe you should change your avatar. And Dick really only grew into a leader of the Teen Titans under the pencil of Marv Wolfman...who also made him Nightwing. For all intents and purposes, that basically was Nightwing. Wolfman wrote him the same way.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@alak: Ok, Tim and Damian had almost infinitely MORE growth in the role of Robin. Better? You and I both know Dick is a better character as Nightwing than Robin...or else maybe you should change your avatar. And Dick really only grew into a leader of the Teen Titans under the pencil of Marv Wolfman...who also made him Nightwing. For all intents and purposes, that basically was Nightwing. Wolfman wrote him the same way.

Better, yes. That statement isn't nearly as ignorant as your previous one. Is Dick a better character as Nightwing? Yes, and why? It's because he's grown from his experiences as Robin. That's the same reason why Tim is a better character as Red Robin than he is as Robin, or by Wally is better as the Flash than as Kid Flash, or why Garth is better as Tempest than as Aqualad, or why Roy is better as Arsenal than Red Arrow (and so forth). It doesn't mean their roles as sidekicks were irrelevant or that they didn't grow, but it just means that their prior experiences made them so much better as adults.

If you like Tim more than Dick as Robin, then that's your prerogative. Just don't make fool yourself into thinking that Dick's done nothing during his career as the boy wonder.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.