Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9476 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Ghostwalker Theories.

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nightwingdg

Who could he be?

Anyone else trying to figure out who all the people in the promo are?

I only think one of them has even been mentioned in the comics so far. That being Ghostwalker, who is standing on the building at the top right. At least I'm pretty sure that is Ghostwalker. I have no clue who the girl is who's flying through the air beside Nightwing. And in the far distance you can see a person standing on a building. The Prankster maybe? I feel Kyle Higgins is trying to set up a nice vigilante murder mystery and not a lot of people are talking about it. We're gonna fix that.

Theory Time: Could Ghostwalker be Tony Zucco?

He moves to Chicago to escape from the masked vigilante Nightwing. Only to find out Chicago is filled with them. He has a huge hatred towards vigilanes, so he makes a deal with the powers that be to wipe them out. What if his family is all just a double/triple life. What if Sonia Branch turns out to be the vigilante flying through the air beside Nightwing in the promo. Maybe she learned about her father's past and went to hunt down Dick Grayson. Then Ghostwalker/Zucco hired Lady Shiva to kill his own daughter.

What do you guys think?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nightwingdg
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@nightwingdg: ooh lol is Nightwing getting a team together? I haven't been reading it.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JayAaerow
    No Caption Provided

GhostWalker was a vigilante in Chicago along with Aether. They were later killed in what seems to be a fire several years before Nightwing's arrival in the event called the "Mask Murders" where many of Chicago's vigilantes were dying. So the man in the top right of the Promo picture above isn't Ghostwalker. His identity is unknown thus far. The girl flipping behind Nightwing or whatever is probably Mali, who appeared in Nightwing #19 . Only thing known about her is that she's "somewhat of a mimic" and crazy.

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I bought promo drawing at comic con and when I asked who they were, I was told that they were originally going to be used but the story was scrapped

Avatar image for bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai
    BH6ShouldHavehadSilverSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Jeez. I came across this at random and decided to check it out and yeah. We never learned who that was. The series is over now, we're never going to know. What the hell DC?

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeez. I came across this at random and decided to check it out and yeah. We never learned who that was. The series is over now, we're never going to know. What the hell DC?

Yes and no. Ghostwalker is acutally that cop that was doing his best go after Nightwing in Chicago. I forget his name. We learn in Nightwing 24 he's Ghostwalker in the last page (Issue before the Zero Year)

What happen was that originally, the Nightwing book was going to introduce him much earlier. The arc we got from Mali interaction and the ending that led to Grayson was suppose to cover Tony Zucco's trial and Ghostwalker was going to be included. However, with the Forever Evil and the fact Dc was more interested in knowing the reintroduced Prankster, as they were big on reintroducing old characters and making them new, he got sidelined a a result.

This is why many people complained about the book: Interesting plotlines came up but got changed cause DC was doing something with another character (Batman) and it had to impact Grayson's book. You'd be surprise how many time Kyle Higgins changed his direction. Higgins mentioned it several times and while he said he was fine with it and it's not a bother, fans like me thought it was unfair. This is why currently, Grayson doesn't stop for other books.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai said:

Yes and no. Ghostwalker is acutally that cop that was doing his best go after Nightwing in Chicago. I forget his name. We learn in Nightwing 24 he's Ghostwalker in the last page (Issue before the Zero Year)

What happen was that originally, the Nightwing book was going to introduce him much earlier. The arc we got from Mali interaction and the ending that led to Grayson was suppose to cover Tony Zucco's trial and Ghostwalker was going to be included. However, with the Forever Evil and the fact Dc was more interested in knowing the reintroduced Prankster, as they were big on reintroducing old characters and making them new, he got sidelined a a result.

This is why many people complained about the book: Interesting plotlines came up but got changed cause DC was doing something with another character (Batman) and it had to impact Grayson's book. You'd be surprise how many time Kyle Higgins changed his direction. Higgins mentioned it several times and while he said he was fine with it and it's not a bother, fans like me thought it was unfair. This is why currently, Grayson doesn't stop for other books.

Ugh. The worst part about this is that Forever Evil wasn't even that good. But this does highlight one of my biggest problems with the way DC is handling the new 52. It was supposed to be a new world with new stories, but they treat it like the stories have been going on for years. This discussion dates back to a year and a half ago, the new 52 would have been less than 2 years in to the Nightwing book before it got interrupted for a crossover. You can't make a good crossover event without having developed your characters, even if you liked Forever Evil that still leaves other crappy ones. Like the Trinity War, The Culling, Rise of the Third Army etc. All of these huge events happened way too early and interrupted the development of the individual stories and characters, and they didn't even have the decency to be good

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the name and design. This character has potential.

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai: The concept of Forever Evil was fantastic, I really was digging it. But you are right, it wasn't that great. And you are absolutely right, they really have to wait a while to do these mega cross over events. Small time cross over events are fine, like Damian appearing in Nightwing 17 and 18, or when Nightwing appeared in Batgirl 3. Those don't take anything away from the story, and help define the relationships between all these characters in a contained field, so to speak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwingism: I personally think big universe spanning events should be avoided in comic books, but that might just be my personal taste. After all I hated Marvel's Civil War and people seem really excited about the movie so I just might not be the kind of guy for this

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bh6shouldhavehadsilversamurai: Personally, I enjoy big universe spanning events. It shows how characters would react when in similar situations. However, they need a good writer to be able to handle the magnitude of characters. Forever Evil had almost every character in the DC Universe participate, and villains. There were so many characters, it was hard to write them all the way they should be written and such.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.