Finger Stripes are back baby!

#1 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (153 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the untitled cover of Nightwing issue #19. While the blue still hasn't returned, the fan favorite style of finger stripes will be incorporated into Nightwing's costume as well as some other asthetic changes. I like where this is going and I like the art for the cover. I wonder who it is? It looks Brett Booth-ish but I could be wrong. While a synopsis hasn't been released for this issue as I'm writing this, I made one of my own for laughs.

Issue 19 Synopsis:

Nightwing's losses during Death of the Family have been staggering. Dick realizes that the only way to become the hero Gotham deserves is to be the man who dares to add finger stripes to his attire. The Rouge's Gallery will fall to their knees in awe of such fashionable fingers.

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13013 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

This is the untitled cover of Nightwing issue #19. While the blue still hasn't returned, the fan favorite style of finger stripes will be incorporated into Nightwing's costume as well as some other asthetic changes. I like where this is going and I like the art for the cover. I wonder who it is? It looks Brett Booth-ish but I could be wrong. While a synopsis hasn't been released for this issue as I'm writing this, I made one of my own for laughs.

Issue 19 Synopsis:

Nightwing's losses during Death of the Family have been staggering. Dick realizes that the only way to become the hero Gotham deserves is to be the man who dares to add finger stripes to his attire. The Rouge's Gallery will fall to their knees in awe of such fashionable fingers.

i lol'ed

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy tears.

#4 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't be happy until he goes blue again.

#5 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross said:

If I imagined the new outfit in blue, I'd probably have a happiness induced seizure.

#6 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

@Aiden Cross said:

If I imagined the new outfit in blue, I'd probably have a happiness induced seizure.

Same here. Though i'm not sure about the little 'hip lines' either. Brings back sour memories of Cyclops Phoenix thong..

#7 Posted by Vitacura (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh nice, @Aiden Cross said:

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

@Aiden Cross said:

Same here. Though i'm not sure about the little 'hip lines' either. Brings back sour memories of Cyclops Phoenix thong..

Agree.

#8 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

@Aiden Cross said:

commence seizure

#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: soooooo much better! You're awesome! :D

#10 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aiden Cross: I know, I know, I totally get that a lot. *bows*

#11 Posted by danhimself (22499 posts) - - Show Bio

WOAH!!! I didn't mind his old suit but those small changes are such an improvement

#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his old costume before the arm stripes then when they added them in it looked off cause they just ended at the gauntlets.This new costume is much better and looks more complete.

#13 Posted by SmashBrawler (5660 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally.

#14 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: I'm recovering just fine from my happiness seizure. I believe that I came back from it to thank you. You have done God's work.

This is but a small offering for your complete win.

#15 Posted by Squalleon (4567 posts) - - Show Bio

The New Costume is Great!
Much more completed! The old costume felt like something was missing...

#16 Posted by The_Tree (7296 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I hope it doesn't turn out to be an art goof.

#17 Posted by Samimista (20686 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah! Oh my gosh yes! Ah! So awesome. <3

#18 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!! Now all that's left is to make it blue once more!

#19 Posted by Squalleon (4567 posts) - - Show Bio

Booth may not be a great artist but he definetely is a great designer!!

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (11560 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#21 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

NIce. Glad the finger stripes are back and I appreciate the other chances as well. Doesn't look so much like the previous one anymore.

#22 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

@Aiden Cross said:

commence seizure

DDXHGHGYTBYCJNGVJGGVKMJKGNVHJFXBXXSSGRHDGJM,.B/NK

#23 Posted by comicace3 (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: Imagine me clapping slowly in the beginning, then I continue clapping faster and faster until I have a whole audience following my motion. That is what you deserve.

#24 Posted by Onemoreposter (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

Issue 19 Synopsis:

Can you give us a link to where you found the solicit?

#25 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (153 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: http://www.facebook.com/robingrouppage?fref=ts

Here's the link. The new Red hood issues cover has also been posted there.

#26 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

No way... finger stripes!? Is that also a utility belt(shout out to Earth 2 Robin?) AND holsters for his escrima?? Ermahgerd. This is the best!!!! Everything I could have dreamed of. (Everything I've complained about since day 1 xD) It even looks like his suit's a little sturdier, more padded, so much win here folks. I'd like to see how other artist interpret this design. Higgins and company are pioneering a brave new age for Nightwing. If his costume is recieving an upgrade, there's no telling what else we're in store for.

#27 Posted by Onemoreposter (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing_Beyond: Thanks

#28 Posted by Icarusflies (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

Yaaaay! :D

#29 Posted by Z3RO180 (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon:

Drick - I a new costume thats blue

Booth - No darrling blues soooo pre-52. Your new cloths will be red and have finger stripes.

Dick - cool and it need to be blue

Booth - are you a fashion designer darrling ?

Dick - no im a super heros...and neither are you your a comic book artist all my costumes get mai....

Booth - yes exactaly now shut up

#30 Posted by nmiller1939 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

That blue photoshop is beautiful. I didn't realize exactly how much I missed the blue until that moment. Also, I like the slight change in the escrima sticks. The electricity is a good idea, and these look less bulky at the tips.

#31 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

No way... finger stripes!? Is that also a utility belt(shout out to Earth 2 Robin?) AND holsters for his escrima?? Ermahgerd. This is the best!!!! Everything I could have dreamed of. (Everything I've complained about since day 1 xD) It even looks like his suit's a little sturdier, more padded, so much win here folks. I'd like to see how other artist interpret this design. Higgins and company are pioneering a brave new age for Nightwing. If his costume is recieving an upgrade, there's no telling what else we're in store for.

Agreed. Before Tim hadhis flying wings, I wanted them to introduce Dick's glider wings like he had in the New Animated series

#32 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

The costume looks much better but I don't particularly like the hip stripes.

#33 Posted by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

As cool as the suit is, i don't know if i care for the art. His hair bothers me, but regardless the suit looks awesome!

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

@Aiden Cross said:

commence seizure

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#35 Posted by dondave (36683 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21770 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

#37 Posted by RedRobin183 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

For those of you who don't know, Brett Booth will be joining Nightwing in April.

You can find some Nightwing concepts on his blog: demonpuppy.blogspot.com

#38 Posted by nmiller1939 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: Actually, his second costume, blue and gold, HAD glider wings...just for future reference.

#39 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Regas13 said:

As cool as the suit is, i don't know if i care for the art. His hair bothers me, but regardless the suit looks awesome!

Better than some of the other hair styles he's had over the years I think lol

#40 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@nmiller1939 said:

@vernierhawk001: Actually, his second costume, blue and gold, HAD glider wings...just for future reference.

Were they functional? That was when he had the mullet/ponytail thing going, right? lol

#41 Posted by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher: hahaha very true!

#42 Posted by nmiller1939 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: They were functional. He actually used them in Infinite Crisis, used thermals to glide on the updraft.

#43 Posted by Z3RO180 (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

bret boths art is cool

#44 Edited by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Quickly had to mess around and make this picture (From Brett Booth's blog) Blue :)

#45 Posted by Z3RO180 (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like the back too

#46 Posted by edwardx1 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Finger stripes are back!

Now all they need to do is make him blue again, give him back his title as the heart/leader of the DCU, and I'll be happy again.

#47 Edited by XSpectreGreyX (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy with the suit. Thank God the symbol is smaller because it looked like like a friggin' bib before. It was just too thick and big (hehe, that's what she said... Sorry). That said. I don't like the mask having red in the eyes, or any colour, really. It just looks wrong and unnecessary. And I don't like his hair being to wavy.

Thank God the finger stripes are back! Te red suit is growing on me, particularly this version.

Out of costume, I don't like Booth's Dick Grayson. After his great work on Teen Titans, he looks too much like Tim. I know they're suppose to look similar, but it's just weird. His artwork in general has a fun feel to it, which Nightwing desperately needs right now, but I can't see him staying on the book for long. Personally, I'd like to see him back on Teen Titans, because I really don't like Eddy Barrows and Ale Garza's artwork. Barrows is too plain and boring and Garza's is too cartoony.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.