Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9470 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Favorite Costume

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Russcovito

I've checked and did not find any of these. Here is not about the Blue or Red from New 52. My question here is in which comics, animated or anything else does your favorite suit of Nighty appear. Mine is the one from Young Justice that I found pretty cool.

No Caption Provided
    Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

@Russcovito: i agree yj costume is pretty cool.i find it weird that nightwings suit is always better in animated series.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By KnightRise

YJ is the most practical since it looks like lightweight tactical armor but its not Nightwing's "look".

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^I've always liked the Teen Titans look.Young Justice Dick has a nice look to. The bird symbol is something I have always wanted the comics to incorporate. I'm not sure how it'd look on other shows, but the Brave and the Bold makes the Discowing outfit look just excellent.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

Under the Red Hood costume is the best.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SoA

i guess YJ, never liked the wings covering the shoulders and hated the 80s cowboy look

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Russcovito

So I see I'm not the only one thinking that the animated ones are much better that the ones from the comics..

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By gotwillpower

I like the one from Hush. But maybe that's just because it's Jim Lee.

Avatar image for daredevilfan777
    daredevilfan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By daredevilfan777

Arkhum City take on him....hands down

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlueArrow
    No Caption Provided

I like his new costume. While I do prefer the blue over the Red for the stripe I do love how he has Batman's wrist gauntlets with the spikes for blocking swords and knives. It feels very much in place as something he carried over from his time as Batman. It makes perfect sense to me.

No Caption Provided

Also, if you look at his new costume, it looks more armored (less like a skin suit) and darker then his previous ones, even the color changes from light blue to bright red implies how he has gone through alot and he and his costume are more mature and battle ready then what he originally had and was.

britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By britsera

@BlueArrow said:

No Caption Provided

I like his new costume. While I do prefer the blue over the Red for the stripe I do love how he has Batman's wrist gauntlets with the spikes for blocking swords and knives. It feels very much in place as something he carried over from his time as Batman. It makes perfect sense to me.

No Caption Provided

Also, if you look at his new costume, it looks more armored (less like a skin suit) and darker then his previous ones, even the color changes from light blue to bright red implies how he has gone through alot and he and his costume are more mature and battle ready then what he originally had and was.

Well said. I like it when the suits has some armouring to it (not a lot, he IS the acrobatic). And I LOVE the gauntlets when the showed up (finally!). My big problem is the red eyes, it looks too menacing for Dick (he's too nice, lol, I think it would suit Damian better).

But for animated, I like the YJ one the best. It's a bit bulky for NW, and the ensign is a bit small, but you can really see the connections with Bats, Tim and Babs when they are in a scene together. The Red Hood one has almost too much blue for me.

whoohoo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By whoohoo789

@Deranged Midget: agreed

whoohoo789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By whoohoo789

brave and the bold gave nightwing a bad name

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.