Does anyone want him and Kori together again?

#1 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this has been up before but I wanted to do one. So I've seen how so many people either say Babs is better for him or simply that this relationship is closed for good. Does anyone believe/want them back together eventually? Whether in the new 52 or (if only) the old DCU came back? Cheshire coming into RHATO makes Kori's thing with Roy idk I think it'll end soon. Plus shes improved as a character. It stated they did have a romantic relationship even in the reboot and she has his clothes so she remembers loving him, and from what Dick said in RHATO #17 he cares for her well being. In the old DCU she still loved him and he didn't love her as a forever way, but that didn't mean he didn't still care. Also she's the only one he's had potential futures with, made it to the alter at least and even in an alternate universe had a daughter with. I can't see why DC would do all that, even make a character as their child, and even in the reboot have their relationship stay cannon (to the past). And many people say there are no plans for them, but someone asked Didio in 2008 if Barbara would ever walk again and he said "No. Never." What happened to never? Shes walking and shes batgirl. So that never crap isn't a go for me. So does anyone believe they could ever be back together? Does anyone want that?

#2 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Not unless they bring the Raven, Starfire, Nightwing, Beastboy and Cyborg team back together. I really don't see them meeting up, unless they are on a team together. Maybe a new justice league/old titans will get back together...fingers crossed!

#3 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwingdg: well it's been said that they may meet again I mean she's on Jason's team and he's bound to see Jason again soon so they may meet again. But I really hope they do get that tea back together it was so stupid to erase that history they were the best titans team. Lets hope they do that !

#4 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

No! Dick and Barbara forever.

#5 Edited by Vitacura (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Please no, NO! , No way, Hell no!

Lobdell made of that connection something so rotten that I hope it never shows again, and that aplies to all the outlaws. Tynion isn't helping either, with his last issue he killed any chance of me believing Dick and Roy were ever friends.

#6 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitacura: well once they get another writer or something or if )I wish) the DCU would go back to the original. And why not? Plus Roy and dick being friends has nothing to do with him and starfire

#7 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see them together again at some point. Hell i'd love for Dick to end up with her for the long haul, but just speaking of now it'd be good if their shared past was fleshed out, as well as them being put on a Titans team together at some point.

#8 Posted by MissJ (448 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it makes sense right now. New 52 Dick doesn't have any of the TT history with Kori, and they're not even operating in the same cities anymore. I wouldn't be opposed to it in a future storyline, but it just doesn't even seem like their paths will cross.

Staff
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92759 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick and Babs, please.

#10 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Nu52 : Yes, Yes, and Hell Yes.

Nu52: No, No, and Please god, let the old continuity return.

#11 Edited by Vitacura (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@missj: new 52 Nightwing has no history period, but it would be cool if the RHATO writers stopped using that no longer existing history as dramatic foil.

#12 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

@missj said:

. New 52 Dick doesn't have any of the TT history with Kori,

According to the first issue of RhaTO and the latest one by Tynion, he does. Don't ask me how, but he does.

#13 Posted by viin (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick and Barbara

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

In some of the issues of RHATO they showed us that they have had something in the past together but I hope that how currently things are going,they wouldn't end up together.

#16 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

if he eva git back wit starfire he's a sucka, I mean she smash da homies.

Roy what happen to guy code.PLEASE WATCH MTV2

#17 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: do you mean about the old TT team being friends at some point? Cus Lobdell said they weren't a team, but they all knew each other. What did Tynion say about it?

#18 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Not after Roy signed dat ass -__-

#19 Posted by Bogey (948 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is everyone using that Roy argument, I don't agree with her being with arsenal either, but there's nothin wrong with her sleeping with someone else. Nightwings screwed half e DCU and in the reboot his friend raya and the daughter of the guy who killed his parents. So the sleeping with Roy argument is really stupid.

#21 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is everyone using that Roy argument, I don't agree with her being with arsenal either, but there's nothin wrong with her sleeping with someone else. Nightwings screwed half e DCU and in the reboot his friend raya and the daughter of the guy who killed his parents. So the sleeping with Roy argument is really stupid.

Yikes! 8 posts and you came out swinging. Nightwing's a stud and all but half of the DCU is a bit of an overstatement. To my knowledge(which is very limited given that I still don't know all the details behind the reboot), he's only fooled around with Raya since we've been introduced to the new 52. Also, by daughter are you referring to Sonia? It's true she made the first move but Dick never acted on it because he was immediately called away to deal with jokerized Raya, remember?

Only it is a valid point :( If only because Dick Grayson was a close partner of ARSEnal's at one time, and possibly still exists as his friend to this day if we're to believe some of the subtle hints in RHATO and even Lobdell--who's spoken on Roys involvement with Nightwing in the past. Dick was the one person who fought to drag his ass back from addiction in the Rise and Fall miniseries.That's not cool. Bros before hoes is my argument, I said it! So what???

#22 Posted by dropkickjake (52 posts) - - Show Bio

It comes down to how the writer goes about it. If a good creative team can sell me on why they ought to be together, then sure. I like, in theory, how Dick and Babs can play off each other. Babs is pretty serious and incredibly intelligent. Dick, on the other hand, is playful and quickwitted, so they are set up for good banter. Also, as far as crossover stories go, they are (in my opinion) well set up for complimentary roles. Babs strikes me more as a CSI forensics detective, while Dick seems more like a "Canvass the neighborhood," tenchcoat-wearin' old style detective.

Kori and Dick struck me as the captain of the football team and the head cheerleader getting together. Motive: We're the best looking people here, so... lets go make out? I'm sure theres more to it than that, to be fair. Its just how it always struck me.

#23 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1668 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't exaggerate, he hasn't been with nearly that many people, Pre or Post-Flashpoint.

From there, I do actually agree that the Roy thing isn't a huge deal though. We don't know the extent of his relationship with Dick Post-Reboot, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as close as it was before. However, it is still a bit of a low blow to sleep with a girl your former friend (Or whatever they hell they are now) was involved with so heavily.

#24 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so, unfortunately. Nightwing has his own thing going on in the new 52 now

#25 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Was playing sims 2 and made a house full of titan roomates. Dick, Donna, Wally, Kori and currently working on the rest of the superhero neighborhood. Lets see if I can't hook these two lovebirds up in atleast one form or another ;)

#27 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothjammin: go for it. Also I hope they get together in the comics again one day

#28 Edited by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@acolombia: Working out pretty swell. Dick is the popular sim and Kori is the hopeless romantic. They like watching movies together, throwing meaningless parties and after everybody leaves.. spend time chatting it up in the hot tub alone. Wally and Donna are good buds and love to gossip about Dick meanwhile he keeps the house clean and orderly. Donna loves experimenting with food and whipping up different new dishes for her roommates. Wally enjoys sampling them.

He one time tried to cook some breakfast and wound up burning himself to death, taking half the backyard down with him. Luckily Dick intervened and called the fire department before the whole house went up in flames. Wally's back from the dead and ok now. Dick wants to pursue a career in law enforcement, Wally is looking into something more science related. Donna is on the phone alot with one of the neighborhood men. I think it's funny how she likes the older dudes. They are all happy together but Star sometimes misses home. In west Philadelphia, born and

raised. On the playground where I spent most of my days chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school. When a couple of guys, they were up to no good started making trouble in my neighbourhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say this cab is rare, But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air' I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later' I looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

#29 Posted by vernierhawk001 (538 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I want to see them together romantically given whatever is supposed to have happened in their past. I DO, however, want to see them become friends again.....close friends. It's not like Dick to leave something like this issue between him and Kori unresolved for a long time. I think it could also do a lot to further Kori's character (not making her the hopeless romantic but the girl who might still have feelings for DG but moves on and is a strong hero in her own right). If done properly, she could even start to fill that gaping void left by Donna's absence and the oh-so-cold incarnation of Babs

#30 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not opposed to the idea. Get Nightwing and Kori back together. Kill off Todd and Arsenal.

#31 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: thank u! Lol I agree or t least get her off the outlaws she doesn't really belong there. Much less dating Harper:P he's a cool character but she's better with Dick.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.