Dick Grayson, Was he ever a brother to Jason Todd?

• 63 results
#51 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1639 posts) - - Show Bio

More than likely given the fact that even after his resurrection when a doctor looked at him he noted that it looked like Jason had had his skull pounded in and was then blown up (Paraphrasing) He then spent months wandering the streets without any type of treatment as a brain dead zombie. And of course the half assed resurrection probably didn't help.

#52 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor: I think Jason actually the use of the word brother in that note there, because he knew he and Dick were never like brothers. Pre crisis jason is irrelevant for me as I prefer the jason post crisis. I believe Jason was never altered or anything in his resurrection or being put into the lazarus pit, he wasnt traumatised he was angry that he was never avenged, speculation like that is not factual.

#53 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@VampireSelektor: I think Jason actually the use of the word brother in that note there, because he knew he and Dick were never like brothers. Pre crisis jason is irrelevant for me as I prefer the jason post crisis. I believe Jason was never altered or anything in his resurrection or being put into the lazarus pit, he wasnt traumatised he was angry that he was never avenged, speculation like that is not factual.

One could argue that this speculation is valid since it was introduced on-panel. As @Nathaniel_Christopher said:

More than likely given the fact that even after his resurrection when a doctor looked at him he noted that it looked like Jason had had his skull pounded in and was then blown up (Paraphrasing) He then spent months wandering the streets without any type of treatment as a brain dead zombie. And of course the half assed resurrection probably didn't help.

This panel is featured in Red Hood: The Lost Days. Since brain damage hasn't been ruled out officially, it's plausible.

#54 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor: no speculation is factual even on-panel. The Lazarus pit healed Jason's brain damage, so it is ruled out.

#55 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@VampireSelektor: no speculation is factual even on-panel. The Lazarus pit healed Jason's brain damage, so it is ruled out.

1) True, but I never used the word "factual". "Plausible", yes.

2) Who's to say his brain healed properly?

#56 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor: its fact. theres nothing wrong with him, nothing wrong has been shown and the lazarus pit heals everying wrong with a persons body.

#57 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@VampireSelektor: its fact. theres nothing wrong with him, nothing wrong has been shown and the lazarus pit heals everying wrong with a persons body.

:) Oh? How so? Name another user of the Lazarus Pit user who had severe brain damage. The theory have never been formally debunked.

The brain is a complex organ. Plenty of people have suffered brain injuries that apparently healed, but altered their personalities.

UPDATE: The Batman: The Animated Series episode "Showdown" portrayed a person who's mind and body were beyond the powers of the Pit.

#58 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor: you dont have any evidence suggesting jason has brain damage, hes not walking catatonic, now is he? Jason is the same he was always before his death.

#59 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13 said:

@VampireSelektor: you dont have any evidence suggesting jason has brain damage, hes not walking catatonic, now is he? Jason is the same he was always before his death.

I just gave you evidence suggesting brain damage - Red Hood: The Lost Days. I think Batman: Hush might suggest the same as well, but it's been a while.

I also mentioned that people can come out of head injuries functional, but with altered personalities.

Jason certainly wasn't shooting children in the street (i.e. Damian) before his death.

#60 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor: brain damage was the result of joker bashing his brains in, the lazarus pit healed that. Jason was enraged his murderer was still alive, he used his rage to grow up, Jason grew up because of that rage not because of brain damage, his rage changed him.

#61 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@JasonTodd13: That's your opinion, but Red Hood: The Lost Days suggests otherwise. Batman thought of placing Jason in the Pit, but rejected the option. The reason? The damage to his cranium was too great for him to come back stable. Here, it's the fourth bullet in "Notable Uses": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_pit#Notable_uses

You haven't yet offered a Pit user who suffered severe brain damage.

#62 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

should get back to the topic now.

#63 Posted by DB150 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

That's true and believe it or not Jason also said that he considers dick family and he has some respect for tim as robin and he wouldn't really want to kill Bruce wayne either as it was stated he still loves Bruce and even if he did try to kill Bruce or dick he couldn't they are just too skilled and next to batman dick is the second greatest martial artist in the bat-family

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.