Dick Grayson should go back to being Nightwing

Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not that Dick is not an awesome Batman. Certainly, with Bruce out of the picture, there was no one better suited to wear the cape and cowl than Dick, and indeed, Batman's figure is instrumental in mantaining order in Gotham, so someone needed to step in.
However, Bruce is now back. He's gone on to do his Batman Inc. project and Dick is left as Gotham's Dark Knight Detective, but let's face it, people who write major character deaths, particularly recently (talking about both Batman and Captain America's deaths) don't seem to think ahead and figure out what will happen once these fundamental characters return (because we all know they do). It's understandable, really, because up until now these situations weren't so hurried. When Hal Jordan died, he didn't came back for a long, long time, so Kyle Rayner had plenty time in the sun as the last Green Lantern. He was able to grow and become what everyone hope he would become, and when Hal finally came back, there were no conflicts or struggles for the title. Hal came back to his rightful place and Kyle was established as an instrumental character as well. This was also easy thanks to the nature of the Green Lantern identity: There are thousands of Green Lanterns and the title is not really an emblematic mantle associated with a single character. This is also true to The Flash: When Barry Allen died a hero, Wally was ready to take on his legacy and, like Kyle, he was given enough time to grow, to evolve, to make his the mantle of the Flash, so much that now, for  alot of people, thinking of The Flash is thinking of Wally. Well, now Barry is back, and immediately after, it seemed that Wally was pushed aside, not to mention what happened to poor Bart. However, since both Barry and Wally existed at the same time another Flash existed (Jay Garrick), the fact that there is more than one Flash doesn't seem to be so hard to assimilate.

Let's look at Dick's life journey shall we? Of course, we all know he was the first Robin, but Dick grew and became so much more than that. Eventually he just had to go into the world as his own man, self sufficient and independent. He abandoned the Robin identity and created Nightwing, his own mantle, one whose legend he would create all by himself, instead of having to live up to a mentor who used the same identity. Other people around him did this as well: Aqualad became Tempest, NOT Aquaman II, and Speedy became Arsenal, and then Red Arrow, instead of Green Arrow, while Wonder Girl became Troia and whatnot, instead of Wonder Woman.  

The point is, as similar as these identities can be to the ones that inspired them (Red Arrow to Green Arrow or Nightwing to Batman), the fact that their mentors stuck around gave the original Titans a push to go and make a life for themselves; one not defined by what they do in comparison to what their mentors did; it allowed them to forge their own legend. So Nightwing was created and finally Dick was his own man. Sure, everyone knew he had been the Bat's first protege, but no one saw him as just that anymore. He became a leader and a founder, and not the kind that Robin has sometimes shown to be, that is to say, the kind that immediately loses his authority the minute Batman shows up. Nightwing went on to become a new character all by himself, away from the Bat. As similar as their modus operandi were, Dick's personality always came through: his special brand of humor, his different approach to combat, the fact that he was no dark, brooding crusader but a charismatic adventurer who was capable of rallying the superhero community together. He owned his identity and was capable of taking on adventures alongside Batman without being reduced to a sidekick again. But then he was forced into the cowl, and, for me at least, that means that Dick is living in Bruce's shadow again, trying to be all that he was, trying the convince Gotham and the World he can be just as good a Batman as Bruce was. But you see, I don't think he can ever be, because Batman and Bruce are the same thing, and Dick is very, very different from Bruce. Maybe, if Bruce had stayed dead for 15 years or at least more than a decade, then Dick would've been able to make the Bat-mantle his own, just as Wally became the Flash without turning into Barry Allen. It would never be Bruce's Bat-mantle, but it would be a Batman we'd grow into and eventually come to accept as the one and only Batman. 
When Bruce came back, I expected him to take the Batman identity from a relieved Dick, let Tim grow to be his own man as well and take Damian as his new Robin, but obviously this did not happen. So now the question stands, Having two Batmen is having one too many? What do you think? Would you like to see Dick back to being his own man or would you have him keep trying to make the Bat mantle his own, despite having to compete with the original?    
#1 Edited by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he should. I've made my feelings on this known before. Bruce Wayne is Batman and I hold to the theory that Batman is his true personality and Bruce Wayne is the mask that he puts on to fool the rest of the world. Batman was never meant to be a mantle and the only reason that Dick took it on (despite the fact that he has said time and time again he never wanted to be it) is because he knew if he didn't, somebody else would. Somebody who didn't have noble intents and who would quite possibly abuse the name. I don't think he can ever go back to being Bruce's sidekick or being answerable to him (not that he has been in a while) and heck, maybe he can never go back to being Nightwing, but he shouldn't stay as Batman. There can in my eyes really only be one. Bruce Wayne is the definitive Batman, Dick was just a placeholder.

#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

He should just because that's my favourite superhero costume.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" Yes, he should. I've made my feelings on this known before. Bruce Wayne is Batman and I hold to the theory that Batman is his true personality and Bruce Wayne is the mask that he puts on to fool the rest of the world. Batman was never meant to be a mantle and the only reason that Dick took it on (despite the fact that he has said time and time again he never wanted to be it) is because he knew if he didn't, somebody else would. Somebody who didn't have noble intents and who would quite possibly abuse the name. I don't think he can ever go back to being Bruce's sidekick or being answerable to him (not that he has been in a while) and heck, maybe he can never go back to being Nightwing, but he shouldn't stay as Batman. There can in my eyes really only be one. Bruce Wayne is the definitive Batman, Dick was just a placeholder. "
^This. DH is on a roll today.
#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: What can I say? I do my best thinking at quarter to five in the morning. 
#5 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind him being batman but I miss his days as NW. If he goes back he'll need an edge to put him on equal footing with Bats

#6 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer him as Batman, Bruce is boring and has next to no personality. He was great as NW but he's WAAAAY better as Batman. I think Batman should be a mantle, it works better and it's more interesting.

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11732 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, Bruce is Batman same way that Steve Rogers is captain america. 

#8 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross:  Did you just read my mind?
#9 Posted by FortressoftheMoon (678 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I didnt like Dick grayson as Batman.....with him smiling and cracking jokes like he was still Robin he just doesn't have that fearful edge like how Bruce does and I see why people can take him seriously. 

I think about my favorite Superhero Black panther and their have the same predicament also. T'Challa is the Black Panther but you also have his sister who also Black Panther. To be honest I like her better. One, I like her costume better, Two she is much more eye candy for me, Three I love how she does step up to bat and gets te job done.  T'Challa is my boy but due to the writers messing him up and having his sister representing the mantle in the way its suppose to be represented. I don't see the problem.

Dick grayson even though he has a much different style than Bruce he is still doing a decent job being Batman. In fact Dick has done something that Bruce could never do.....handle his inner demons. You have to give credit Dick credit for that. Bruce still bitches up when you mention the name Thomas Wayne. I just wish Dick would ante up and falcon punch Damien in the mouth everytime he gets fresh with Dick. He's Batman why is taking backtalk from Robin. Tim doesnt deal wit it and don't see why Dick should. Even Bruce almost layeth the smacketh down on Damian when he talking trash about Alfred. 

In the end....I feel Dick is at the point in his life where he's already in the league with the big boys. He can't go back to being Nightwing. He's hold his own wearing the mantle, no one in the Bat family, JLA or outsiders is complaining so let the guy do his thing. Besides Bruce needs to focus his attention on his company. Having people stealing departments here and there and losing contracts is not good for a businessman. He's the world greatest detective but not so great running a business.
#10 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lion_Heart22: You've said he left but in actuality Dick was fired as Robin, that was the point of Nightwing, he took the kryptonian legend of the man who had been cast out of his family and set out to prove something to them, but Dick is now closer to his family then ever, having him step out of the role of Batman into the role of Nightwing would be a huge setback, as he's currently a member of the justice league, and currently doing a good job as batman. I'd much rather have someone take up the role in honor of everything that Dick did as Nightwing,having him step back out of his role in the JLA and as Batman after holding the mantle this long would be a huge step back in his character development.
#11 Posted by Nasar7 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dick is already starting to establish his own brand of Batman as compared to Bruce's. Take Batman and Robin #17, for example. Damian says to Dick that their work isn't supposed to be fun, to which Dick replies that that doesn't mean he can't have fun doing it. Damian then points out that he wasn't acting that way before Bruce came back. This is an important insight because it shows that, with Bruce back in the picture, Damian doesn't feel the need to the Bruce's Batman, he can now be his own " worryingly jolly" Batman. In Batman #708, Dick taunts the criminal about being slow and gives him a free punch to show how tough he is. Bruce would never joke around like that. Bruce recognizes how different this new Batman (and Robin's) methods are in The Road Home but also respects them. So in short, I think it's safe to say that Dick's character is continuing to grow and evolve with taking on his mentor's mantle and is carving out his own identity nicely.

But maybe you just really like Nightwing =P

#12 Edited by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:
One thing I don't understand though, is why Dick couldn't be part of the JLA as Nightwing. If he gave up the Bat-mantle, does that mean that he'd have to give up his JLA membership? Why? Not trying to start arguments, this is something I'm really curious about.  

@nasar7:
I agree that Dick has already became a Bat of his own, if he hadn't, its a sure thing people wouldn't like him in the role. I think I like Dick Grayson as a character, regardless of the identity he is using. However my feelings about the matter of him returning to being Nightwing probably come from a) the fact I usually dislike having more than one character using an identity: like two Captain America's, two Batmen, two Supermen (unless the identity is written as being independent from his wearer, like Green Lantern) and b) the fact that in the end Dick will be Batman II instead of the one and only Nightwing. Anyways, those were my two cents, but I'll definitely continue to follow Dick's career.
#13 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lion_Heart22:
The ugly truth is that Nightwing WAS Batman No. 2.

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92085 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
" Yep, Bruce is Batman same way that Steve Rogers is captain america.   "
I'd actually disagree with that.
#15 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I've gotten used to Dick being Batman now. Sure I do miss his Nighwing costume, but I like Dick's approach as Batman. My problem with it is the number of Batman titles out. Most writers don't know what kind of personality he should have when he's Batman. They either make him serious throughout, funny throughout, or a little of both. I like a little bit of both depending on the situation.

Now, I'm not saying Dick has replaced Bruce. In my eyes, Bruce will always be Batman, even if he dies. But really, I think there has to be a Nightwing. I say Casandra Cain becomes Nightwing like some people suggested.

#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11732 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
" Yep, Bruce is Batman same way that Steve Rogers is captain america.   "
I'd actually disagree with that. "

explain please
#17 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lion_Heart22: He has been a part of the JLA as Nightwing, he even led it, being specifically chosen by Batman to lead. But the truth is, the league needs a Batman, for the intimidation factor, even though Dick is an amazing leader, the mantle helps him in leading people older then him in a fight. He could be Nightwing in the league, but it wouldn't work as well as him as batman.  As long as batman inc is going on Dick needs to be bats, to look after Gotham.

And about Dick being batman II, I don't see it that way, your looking at it as detrimental to Grayson's character always being in the shadow, you should be looking at it as he's the next step in the Batman dynasty,which lasts to the 853rd century. It's a family legacy, with the best issue showing this being a two issue story in Gotham Knights, in which a superpowered vigilante who would never age if he killed batman would protect Gotham forever after he killed batman, in which Nightwing captured him, and Bruce had a monologue about how Dick would always be his legacy. Being Batman II isn't a shame, it's an honor, and he sells well as Batman.
#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:
"I prefer him as Batman, Bruce is boring and has next to no personality. He was great as NW but he's WAAAAY better as Batman. I think Batman should be a mantle, it works better and it's more interesting. "

Yeah frank millers batman has no personality but dixon,moench,brubaker and morrisons versions do have personality.
@nightwing91 said:
" @Lion_Heart22: He has been a part of the JLA as Nightwing, he even led it, being specifically chosen by Batman to lead. But the truth is, the league needs a Batman, for the intimidation factor, even though Dick is an amazing leader, the mantle helps him in leading people older then him in a fight. He could be Nightwing in the league, but it wouldn't work as well as him as batman.  As long as batman inc is going on Dick needs to be bats, to look after Gotham.  And about Dick being batman II, I don't see it that way, your looking at it as detrimental to Grayson's character always being in the shadow, you should be looking at it as he's the next step in the Batman dynasty,which lasts to the 853rd century. It's a family legacy, with the best issue showing this being a two issue story in Gotham Knights, in which a superpowered vigilante who would never age if he killed batman would protect Gotham forever after he killed batman, in which Nightwing captured him, and Bruce had a monologue about how Dick would always be his legacy. Being Batman II isn't a shame, it's an honor, and he sells well as Batman. "

QFT.
#19 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger:
There are no characters that "don't have personalities". There are only mediocre writers.  

@nightwing91: 
If the League can't function without a Batman that's only the writer's fault. The league shouldn't be a 7-members-only team with  fixed character archetypes, like "we need a Wonder Woman or at least someone strong enough who can put on her costume". And Dick isn't supossed to be as intimidating as Bruce is, otherwise he'd just be copying Bruce's Batman. There's actually a lot of confusion about it, writers can't settle on how he should behave: dark and brooding (which is definitely NOT Dick's character) or a lighter Batman who can actually crack jokes. I find either not very pleasing. And of course, it's never in detriment of anyone to wear the Bat-mantle, it'd be truly an honor, it's just that Dick's whole character arc for decades it's been about growing beyond that. Now, you go back to read Knightfall and how Nightwing wasn't even asked by Bruce to be Batman because Bruce knew Dick wanted to be his own man, and you realize pretty much all the conflicts and struggles, both internal and external that Dick went through trying to make it on his own has pretty much magically dissapeared. I actually found Tim to be much more likely to one day become Batman, because he hasn't tried to go out of the batcave and create an identity for himself, and because he's much more like Bruce is. 
Anyway, comics at the end of the day are comics.. for better or for worse, I don't see this going on much longer, I just hope it makes for good stories.
#20 Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Here I think it will go Bruce will get mad at Richard for doing bad in a mission and calling not worthy to be batman then Richard will say you know what I quit . Then he goes back to nightwing with A new costume. All of this will happen after Bruce is finish with batman inc. Damian will be with Bruce as his robin . Tim will be trying to talk to Richard to comeback as batman.

#21 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkBird: Except thats far to similiar to how he left his robin identity, with Bruce scolding and firing him,and I don't  see Bruce scolding him for the results of a single mission, he didn't scold grayson  for failing to save blockbuster, and even told him he could forgive him, scolding him would be him treating dick aas a kid, hes far beyond that point, he  extends dick the same curtosy dick gives him. 
#22 Posted by gridlock464 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say I’m conflicted… Dick Grayson/Nightwing is my favorite costumed character. Part of my heart wants to him in his old costume, and another part of my heart loves him as Batman. As avenging x-bolt said, in my mind Bruce will always be Batman as Steve Rogers will always be Captain .  But I have enjoyed his journey over the last year or so  growing into… no, figuring how he could best fulfill the duties of Batman and still be himself.  The things I have liked the best are the scenes of him talking to Alfred, whether it’s Dick talking about how the cape is throwing him off, or Alfred reminding him that he comes from a line of performers and essentially batman is a role.

In My heart of heart’s Dick will always be Nightwing, but I also enjoy him as, for the lack of a better term, Batman 2.0. But then again I’m not sure how I feel about the idea of Batman Inc. I’m unsure about where the concept will go, unsure where it will take character. To me batman is a character that dwells in the shadows, striking fear in to hearts of criminals, not someone on a stage, in front of TV lights talking about being a multinational company. Dick moved out of the shadows so the people of would know that Batman was alive & well and guarding the city.

In the last year I have come to the conclusion that Damian’s fate as Robin is tied to Dick being Batman.  Tim would never put up with him; Bruce would most likely ship him back to Talia. I think Dick for what ever reason “gets” him, part of me wants to say that I think it has to do with Damian being similar to Bruce.  I think Dick is the one character that can reach Damian and get him with “the program.”  I could be completely wrong about that, but that the way things seem to be.    

#23 Posted by kev17 (331 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike Grayson quite intensely since hes made his latest attempt at playing Batman (lets not quibble, thats all hes doing) , but id like to offer a positive comment on him for once. Dick stopped being Robin because he wanted to be his own man. In playing Batman, hes trying to fill the biggest shadow of all, a job he cant hope of doing right. The man just is not Batman. He was great as Nightwing. It was an identity that fitted perfectly, as much as Batman was to Bruce.  DC, give him back his true colors, let him be his own guy, not some batman wannabe.

#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (13631 posts) - - Show Bio
@kev17 said:
"I dislike Grayson quite intensely since hes made his latest attempt at playing Batman (lets not quibble, thats all hes doing) , but id like to offer a positive comment on him for once. Dick stopped being Robin because he wanted to be his own man. In playing Batman, hes trying to fill the biggest shadow of all, a job he cant hope of doing right. The man just is not Batman. He was great as Nightwing. It was an identity that fitted perfectly, as much as Batman was to Bruce.  DC, give him back his true colors, let him be his own guy, not some batman wannabe. "

Even though he's prolly done more in his first year than bruce did in a decade.
#25 Posted by cascadeking09 (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see him go back to being Nightwing too.

#26 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that he doesn't need to pretend to be the original Batman can't he adapt his costume a bit to be more like his Nightwing costume. Ditch the cape which he hates and such.
#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing that proves that dick grayson hasn't made the batman title his own is the fact that he has a cape he hates his cape. If really wasn't in Bruces shadow, really wasnt trying to live up to him he would do what future damian did when he was batman, he would say I am batman, Im the boss, I dont have to have a cape if I dont want to. but no he wears the cape because when he wears the bat he's pretending to be Bruce. he doesnt have to go back to being Nightwing he can be Batwing or Nightbat or Black Robin but he cant stay batman its just not who he is hes not changing the bat title its changing him.
#28 Posted by doctor gravity (25 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES DUDE YOU ARE 10000000% CORRECT   ZOMG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!    NIGHTWNG!!!!!!!!!!

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (9111 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be Nightwing imo

#30 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lion_Heart22 said:

@CrimsonAvenger:
There are no characters that "don't have personalities". There are only mediocre writers.  

@nightwing91: If the League can't function without a Batman that's only the writer's fault. The league shouldn't be a 7-members-only team with  fixed character archetypes, like "we need a Wonder Woman or at least someone strong enough who can put on her costume". And Dick isn't supossed to be as intimidating as Bruce is, otherwise he'd just be copying Bruce's Batman. There's actually a lot of confusion about it, writers can't settle on how he should behave: dark and brooding (which is definitely NOT Dick's character) or a lighter Batman who can actually crack jokes. I find either not very pleasing. And of course, it's never in detriment of anyone to wear the Bat-mantle, it'd be truly an honor, it's just that Dick's whole character arc for decades it's been about growing beyond that. Now, you go back to read Knightfall and how Nightwing wasn't even asked by Bruce to be Batman because Bruce knew Dick wanted to be his own man, and you realize pretty much all the conflicts and struggles, both internal and external that Dick went through trying to make it on his own has pretty much magically dissapeared. I actually found Tim to be much more likely to one day become Batman, because he hasn't tried to go out of the batcave and create an identity for himself, and because he's much more like Bruce is. Anyway, comics at the end of the day are comics.. for better or for worse, I don't see this going on much longer, I just hope it makes for good stories.

The league can function without a Batman, but it's not as likely to grab the attention of casual leaders say the see a Nightwing on the cover vs Batman, In Knightfall, that was one of Bruce's lies he admits later that he didn't ask Dick because he didn't want him to have to go up against Bane. Which is why he didn't have qualms about asking Grayson to be Batman during Prodigal arc. Tim could have been batman one day, but back in the day he was adamant about not being a hero forever, now that his family is gone he has the motivation, but now with the future being shown to be Bruce,Dick, and Damian being Batman I just can't see Drake as being Batman.

Sorry this took so long, never saw your reply before.
#31 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

If Dick goes back to being Nightwing, that would be a step backward in character development.  Didio wanted him to die during infinite crisis because he felt the character was stagnant.  The argument was that he was too old to be robin, and he was never going to be batman, so kill him off.  They decided to kill Superboy instead.  I actually enjoy Dick as batman more than Bruce.  That's probably because I enjoy a little humor in my comics.  I like the dark and brooding batman, but after a while it gets old.  Okay, I  get it, you're a dark tortured avenger, driven by your loss, fangirls love you blah blah blah.  I understand that he became Nightwing to be out of batman's shadow, but when he became batman he wasn't trying to be Bruce, he was his own version of batman.  Like how Wally West is his own version of the Flash.  I didn't realize that people were so upset over it.  It's still Dick, just in a different costume.  I honestly don't think people would be so adamant about him if he was still Nightwing.  There's nothing wrong with having two Batmen, besides they won't change anything unless sales drop.

#32 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio
@GundamHeavyarms said:
If Dick goes back to being Nightwing, that would be a step backward in character development.  Didio wanted him to die during infinite crisis because he felt the character was stagnant.  The argument was that he was too old to be robin, and he was never going to be batman, so kill him off.  They decided to kill Superboy instead.  I actually enjoy Dick as batman more than Bruce.  That's probably because I enjoy a little humor in my comics.  I like the dark and brooding batman, but after a while it gets old.  Okay, I  get it, you're a dark tortured avenger, driven by your loss, fangirls love you blah blah blah.  I understand that he became Nightwing to be out of batman's shadow, but when he became batman he wasn't trying to be Bruce, he was his own version of batman.  Like how Wally West is his own version of the Flash.  I didn't realize that people were so upset over it.  It's still Dick, just in a different costume.  I honestly don't think people would be so adamant about him if he was still Nightwing.  There's nothing wrong with having two Batmen, besides they won't change anything unless sales drop.

My pearly sentiments exactly. As for your point on the Flash, allow me to elaborate with the notion that few fanboys possessed an in-depth comprehension of Barry Allen's personality, so the passing of the uniform to Wally West was not as jarring of an experience as, say, last year's Batman saga. Or, perhaps, the mantle of the Flash lacks the characteristics and mystique of the Batman.  Quite honestly, the recurring uproar over Dick as Gotham's Dark Knight is largely due to the impact of Miller on Batman comics, which is funny considering the low grade of his most recent works. Fanboys can behave like autistic children at times.
#33 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio
@VampireSelektor: Thanks, I'm glad im not the only one who likes Dick as batman. I didn't realize Miller's impact still carried so much weight.  I suppose it's like Claremont on the X-men, people still hold his older work in high regard, but wash their hands with his more recent stuff.  It's different with Paul Levitz though, people like his old run and his current one with the legion, but that's because the legion has a smaller following.  Batman does have a large mystique, fanboys want to be him and fangirls want to be with him.  The flash, from Jay down to Bart, has always been a sunnier character, which is a turn off apparently.
#34 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
He should return to being Nightwing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.