Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Dick Grayson's Post-FOREVER EVIL Fate Has Been Revealed

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He should work for a guy with an eye-patch!

He should work for Kenpatchi!

SoopaCoop16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@night_thrasher: yeah because Marvel doesn't copy anything from DC. Oh wait they copy almost everything from DC!

HammerDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fave character but this is just a big NO

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@smoothjammin:

One: You're describing the old Spyral. It has a recent change of leadership. The Original Batwoman was part of that organization and it was heavily hinted that Agent Zero was her biological father. The second portion of Batman Inc. that was in the New 52 actually revealed she wasn't killed by Bronze Tiger but actually was the "Headmistress" of Spyral. She's heavily hinted to be it's new leader. So Grayson is not working with THAT Spyral. That's the one Professor Pyg was involved and how he got craycray. xD Kathy Kane fooled even Batman so she's good on keeping off the Grid but doing work! That's the current Spyral I'm sure they're exploring. Their goals and motives seem to change but the writer of Grayson hinted they still use some old methods. I wanna see Grayson get on them for that!

Two: No. He can't be Nightwing due to Forever Evil. The 2 people you mention were costumed but they also didn't get outed as a Superhero. Sorry, the Nightwing mantle cannot be in use for quite some time. It be a dead giveaway that he's still alive. He has a haircut for a reason. He also wears something new and has a gun(And everyone thinks he's dead. If he looks different enough and sports things you wouldn't catch Nightwing wearing regularly like a gun and play the Kathy Kane hidden card, you can remain unnotice in your real identity.)

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@night_thrasher: yeah because Marvel doesn't copy anything from DC. Oh wait they copy almost everything from DC!

Stop being a fanboy...I just pointed out a similarity. Companies borrow from each other all the time. We wouldn't even have Image Comics if they didn't. Practically all of the original Image line up was rehashed Marvel properties. Sheeeeesh!!!

Supersam96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Nightwing so the fact that DC decided to ruin that persona for Dick Grayson sucks but I'm glad they aren't killing him off and keeping him in comics.

So I guess the best of a crappy situation...

SoopaCoop16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sithfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 57

Sorry if someone else already pointed this out, but when I first saw the picture, before I read the title I thought they were making a Mission: Impossible comic and that was Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt character instead of Dick.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo Tim gets to be Nightwing now right?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soopacoop16: Yeah...you were. I mention that it's similar to Winter Soldier and you got super, or should I say "soopa", defensive with the whole "Marvel does it all the time" *in a fanboy whiney voice*

davidkrapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame... Just lame...

Geoff and DiDio are trying to kill Grayson since Identity Crisis, but they were not able to do so...

Know they are killing the character taking his girl and making she a alien whore who sleeps with anything that had a dick... stealing his strong identity and delivering a ridiculous agent story so he became impopular enough to just disappear with him turning him in a agent so secret that he does not have a magazine - thats what will happen in a few months and the excuse ita gonna be bad sales...

After see the character growing so much with the true genius Grant Morrisson... We have to see this...

And prepares yourselves to The Spyral... a idiot copy of Agents of Shield produced and writed by the "genius" Geoff Johns...

Yep... while in marvel they are getting better and better at each movie and at each story... at dc we gonna have Ben Affleck as a Batman...

Thats one of the many reasons that Im seriously consider to cancel my dccomics signature...

davidkrapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayaaerow:

Im sorry dude... but what its wrong to me its the lack of criativity that its so high in these new 52 that they need to change a entire multiverse and even then, after only two years to reshape the life of nightwing... I never complained he was in the batfamily or about his part as hero... To me he could be the leader of The Outsiders from these new 52 and it would be cool...

He could be the Batwing in another format not like Zavimbe or Luke Fox which was another lazy and lame solution... Or perhaps a new Owlman... because of his origins...

But a spy and be just like hes "bestie" todd which before the new 52 was crazy and i loved...

Im honestly extremly desapointed with this new 52... things supposed to be new, but all I see its the 70's back... Wally its another example... he was extremly succesfull, risk to say he was bigger then allen, barry was in the past for almost 20 years, then came Johns and he is ressurrected just to present the same stories of the 70's and 80's... and for what ?

Same thing with Bane, what Snyder did with him its a sin... Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan created Bane as a evil version of Batman, these guy had the muscles and the brain... He had planned with brilliant precision the fall of Batman, the guy its kind of genius... then came Snyder and Jonhs and turning him into a addicted idiotic gorilla that jump into Batman well aware that behind him thats a cliff... can you see that we are talking about the same guy ?

Im not even begin with these new Joker face off... It didnt impress-me it all, to me was the laziest attempt to make him scary as the Nolanverse and it was not even close to fulfill his purpuse...

Not all in the new 52 were bad, I did liked the Wonder Woman stories and the Batgirl as well the night of the owls and Batman and Robin were cool...

But in generall all I see is lack of creativity by Johns, Didio and his gang... they restart the multiverse to present the exactly the same world of the 80's, they change the suit a lil bit, put more blood in the stories, but thats was it... nothing really new... to me there were great stories to be told yet in the old Dc Universe they just were lazy about it...

Im following DC now for 25 years, see a lot of good and bad stories, what I see today its just lazyness and lack of criativity... Its more easy to kill and restart a super hero then make the effort of write a good story...

And about the Spyral its clearly DC and Warner trying to build a tv show with that... Agents of Shield its a huge success so far biggest then Arrow and It will remain bigger then the Flash, sorry about it but it will and the answer to that its pretty simple... Marvel has a direction, they know were they going with the movies by Marvel Studios... while DC is just trying to catch up and trading Bale for Affleck its not a good begining...

SoopaCoop16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: it was a comment that had a factual backing. And like your name is any better "night thrasher". One of Marvel's (very, very, very many) attempts to make a Batman clone is your username. "Marvel doesn't copy stuff leave them alone" *in a whiny fangirl voice*

SoopaCoop16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: also I would LOVE to point out that the Original Sin thing that Marvel is wheeling out seems suspiciously like the Trinity War: DC's featured the Trinity of SIN, they were trying to how to open Pandora's Box (which was Pandora's ORIGINAL SIN) and why Superman would commit a MURDER, et cetera, et cetera. The similarities are there, you're just in denial

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Night Thrasher

@soopacoop16: I don't think I've ever said that Marvel doesn't copy DC. But...in this particular case it's a lot of similarities to Winter Soldier that can't be overlooked. But, since you want to go there. How many of your precious DC characters are themselves considered copies? Did Batman copy Zorro? Is Superman just a retelling of the Hercules myth? Is Martian Manhunter a copy of the original Vision? I never said Marvel doesn't copy other material, I freely admitted that most companies have characters inspired by others, you're the one who got really overly defensive about it.

S/N Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has gotten a little better than Arrow recently IMO.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: also I would LOVE to point out that the Original Sin thing that Marvel is wheeling out seems suspiciously like the Trinity War: DC's featured the Trinity of SIN, they were trying to how to open Pandora's Box (which was Pandora's ORIGINAL SIN) and why Superman would commit a MURDER, et cetera, et cetera. The similarities are there, you're just in denial

Right...I'm in denial about something that I never even mentioned! Except one's about opening a box to another dimension and the other's about God knows what because I'm not interested in Original Sin in the least bit!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.