Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9469 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Dick Grayson in Earth 2? (speculation)

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Squalleon

This is the cover of EARTH 2 ANNUAL

Since Bruce is dead and EARTH 2 is using the golden age characters could this new batman be Dick Grayson! Even the suit color matches the color of the current nightwing costume.

Here is the source of the pic http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43640

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By VampireSelektor

This Batman looks so bulky, though. He looks too old to be Damian. Tim as Batman feels played out. Jason as Batman has been covered (Countdown; Battle for the Cowl). James Gordon sounds unlikely. I'm not sure how I would feel about Harvey Dent or Jack Napier filling in the void. If this is Dick Grayson, his origin story's probably a doozy.

Avatar image for lightningtiger2190
    LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Crosses Fingers for Dick* The world needs a batman

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By darkwingdan

I think there's a rule at DC right now where if a character is in the main DCU, they can't appear in Earth 2, which is really unfortunate because universe seems way more cohesive and interesting as a whole than the current main DCU... with an exception of the Batbooks ;)

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crash_Recovery

That'd be cool, I like the costume.

Avatar image for lightningtiger2190
    LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkwingdan said:

I think there's a rule at DC right now where if a character is in the main DCU, they can't appear in Earth 2, which is really unfortunate because universe seems way more cohesive and interesting as a whole than the current main DCU... with an exception of the Batbooks ;)

I will LOL if it is a rookie cop that takes the mantle and his name is wait for it...John Blake.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Squalleon

@darkwingdan said:

I think that is wrong since red tornado will appear in both universes :-P

@VampireSelektor said:

This Batman looks so bulky, though. He looks too old to be Damian. Tim as Batman feels played out. Jason as Batman has been covered (Countdown; Battle for the Cowl). James Gordon sounds unlikely. I'm not sure how I would feel about Harvey Dent or Jack Napier filling in the void. If this is Dick Grayson, his origin story's probably a doozy.

Earth 2 uses only golden age characters so forget any robin except Dick.

Dick grew up in the pre flashpoint earth 2 so maybe he grew up and took the role of batman since Bruce is dead.Also Dick was bulky in earth-2 and he could be just a choice of art so they don't spoil Dick :-P

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here some pics

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VampireSelektor

@Squalleon said:

@darkwingdan said:

@VampireSelektor said:

Earth 2 uses only golden age characters so forget any robin except Dick.

Dick grew up in the pre flashpoint earth 2 so maybe he grew up and took the role of batman since Bruce is dead.Also Dick was bulky in earth-2 and he could be just a choice of art so they don't spoil Dick :-P

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here some pics

That isn't entirely true. Michael Holt exists in Earth-2 as a normal citizen. I suppose you argue "Earth-2 only hosts superheroes from the Golden Age", but we've already seen a newcomer take on the role of Dr. Fate. You could argue "Earth-2 only hosts costumed identities from the Golden Age", though. Again, we've already seen Tim and Jason as alternate Batmans. These stories played against expectations ("What if _____ turned out good/bad?"). "Superman and Batman: Generations" briefly featured Dick as Batman before dying. The appearance was short enough to be considered as a plot device. If this Batman is Dick Grayson, then your post justifies the move. If not, my wildest guess would be Azrael. The Order of St. Dumas or some organization could have appropriated Batman's likeness and trained a new champion. Why not?

Dick Grayson would be cool, though. Dick Grayson of Earth-2 ended up becoming a lawyer, then served as ambassador to South Africa. Wouldn't it be cool if Dick was the Harvey Dent of Earth-2? What if Dick was this tireless DA in Gotham who took up the cowl? That would be cool.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KnightRise

anyone?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmoothJammin

It'll be a refresher from Booth's art. James is usually good about writing team books. Earth-2 Robin was a founding member of the original Justice Society and participated in the All Star Squadron pre-crisis. It makes sense.

Does anyone remember the cover of Earth-2 #1? Speculation ran rampant Batman was Dick because of the escrima sticks he was using.. Now is the chance for Robinson to capitalize on the strong reception he got all those months ago and do it RIGHT this time by headlining Grayson as the leading man. Adding Dick is a no brainer!

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SmoothJammin: Remember how Dick Grayson of Earth-2 was a lawyer who served as the U.S. ambassador to South Africa? What if Dick Grayson was the Harvey Dent of Earth-2, this scourge of the underworld D.A. who picked up the cowl for Gotham?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmoothJammin

@VampireSelektor said:

@SmoothJammin: Remember how Dick Grayson of Earth-2 was a lawyer who served as the U.S. ambassador to South Africa? What if Dick Grayson was the Harvey Dent of Earth-2, this scourge of the underworld D.A. who picked up the cowl for Gotham?

Yes. I'll have my people call James people and remind them how magnificent Earth-2 Robin was. The only thing that bothered me about that version of Dick was the inferiority complex surrounding his stories. How he was never given a fair shake in comparison to his mentor. The JLA looking down on him, never graduating from the Robin guise despite all the untapped potential he possessed. Now's a chance to right all those wrongs.

Dude. Is ur avatar crying? I just stared real hard at ur user icon and I swear it looks like ur avi's bawlin his eyes out. Color me curious...I must know lol

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KnightRise

@KnightRise said:

anyone?

No, seriously, look.

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VampireSelektor

@SmoothJammin said:

@VampireSelektor said:

Yes. I'll have my people call James people and remind them how magnificent Earth-2 Robin was. The only thing that bothered me about that version of Dick was the inferiority complex surrounding his stories. How he was never given a fair shake in comparison to his mentor. The JLA looking down on him, never graduating from the Robin guise despite all the untapped potential he possessed. Now's a chance to right all those wrongs.

Dude. Is ur avatar crying? I just stared real hard at ur user icon and I swear it looks like ur avi's bawlin his eyes out. Color me curious...I must know lol

Yes. He's broken.

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VampireSelektor

@KnightRise: Batman originally had red in his costume before Bob Kane decided on black and gray. I imagine that's the reason red keeps popping up in Bat-spinoffs (e.g. "Batman Beyond", "Batwoman")

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By colonyofcells

Most of the popular earth 2 characters will probably also have a main earth version later on. The main earth also needs characters like Solomon Grundy who is being used in the games. Helena Bertinelli is being used in the Arrow TV show. Post-coie, they were able to do a solo Dr Fate title on the main earth which was revived a few times, also Starman Will Payton. For the New 52 earth 2 Batman, it is probably Dick Grayson since Dick Grayson has a history with the JSA pre-coie. On New 52 earth 2, priority obviously will be given to characters who have pre-flashpoint ties to the JSA, which was why we got Fury and not Donna Troy. For the earth 2 batman costume, the colorful cape and the vertical bars design of the belt are very similar to the pre-coie bronze age earth 2 Robin costume.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hope this is Dick Grayson. It'd be great to have at least one universe where he was Batman and had taken over for his mentor. Haven't been reading the series, but I don't even think we've heard of Dick in it have we? Doesn't even seem like he was Robin at any point.

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By War07

OMG I hope it true!!!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By z3ro180

@Nathaniel_Christopher No as far as we know Dick hasent shown up in earth 2 the only robin that's been shown that I no of is his daughter Helena

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

@KnightRise said:

@KnightRise said:

anyone?

No, seriously, look.

Who was the batman in the other costume you posted? I just dont remember

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By John Valentine

@DEGRAAF said:

@KnightRise said:

@KnightRise said:

anyone?

No, seriously, look.

Who was the batman in the other costume you posted? I just dont remember

Bruce, it's from the 2005-2007 Justice series.

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
    Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avengers_4everXX

@Squalleon said:

@darkwingdan said:

No that's actually a rule. Robinson has talked about it in his interviews. Certain codenames have been allowed to cross over because there's no way Robinson couldn't use them(Alan Scott Green Lantern, Jay Garrick the Flash, and Al Pratt the Atom), but two versions of the same character aren't allowed to be active at the same time. That's why he did things like use Hawkgirl instead of Hawkman, and why Michael Holt was transported to Earth 2 instead of just using the Earth 2 version of him. So I imagine that the Red Tornado that will appear in the main DCU will be the male android, and the one on Earth 2 will be the gynoid seen in issue 7. Also, where did you hear that Red Tornado will be in the main universe? I hadn't heard that

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack

Considering the color of the suit and the other characters in Earth 2 I think this will be Jean-Paul Valley

No Caption Provided

For those that don't know he was the guy that filled in for batman while his back was broken.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.