Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Dick Grayson has a big future. (Some Spoilers about Earth 2)

brobertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By brobertz

So if you guys have been reading Earth 2 or the weekly you will know that Dick Grayson was introduced on the earth and has been working his way to become a hero and find his son with Ted Grant.

Spoiler includes picture bellow

No Caption Provided

So i was messing around on google today, thinking maybe may solicitations would be out.

Instead, i found the solicitations for the convergence weekly in April.

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2015/01/14/dc-reveals-convergence-1-cover-and-synopses-for-first-four-issues-exclusive/

It may not be our prime earth boy, but it will be pretty sweet to see Dick get in the spotlight! I think it is appropriate since it is his 75th Anniversary. What do y'all think?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By youknowwhattodo

With the amount of Convergence titles that will feature Dick Grayson, April and May will be two busy months for his fanbase. I'm not quite sure what his role in the Convergence weekly series will be, I remember when DC teased that Dick Grayson would have a big role in Forever Evil and well...yeah.

Tim Seeley and Tom King also said that they had big plans for the character as well considering his 75th Anniversary.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF

@brobertz: @youknowwhattodo: Can someone expand on what is expected of Grayson during the Convergence?

Dick looks like Flashpoint Superman (Tall and Skinny)

brobertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Yeah bud, I'll help you out.

So the guy in the pictures above is actually Earth-2's Dick Grayson, who has never been a superhero. However, he has been training with Ted Grant (Wild Cat from Pre-52) in order to find his son. He also recently seen batman, and seems somewhat inspired by him. This version of Dick has been slated to be in the convergence weekly series, just check out the solicitations. It has also been said somewhere that he may be included in the new book Earth 2 Society post convergence, but I can't remember where I read that.

Earth Prime Dick Grayson will be continuing his adventures in Grayson post convergence. Idk how he might play into convergence, so we will need to wait and see! I love where his book is going though, and I can not wait to see where it goes next.

Also during convergence, we will be seeing pre-crisis, wolfman's New Teen Titans, and the Pre-New 52 versions of Dick Grayson. I know they will all be featured in certain convergence books.

All in all, it will be a good time to be a Dick Grayson fan!

@youknowwhattodo: anything to add my friend?

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@brobertz: Well, I'll add that Daniel Wilson who is going to be writing Earth 2: Society come June seemed to imply that Dick Grayson was going to be in that story along with his son. It does seem as though the writers are trying to build on Earth-2 Dick Grayson. Depending on how things turn out, we could see Dick Grayson part of a team for the first time in the rebooted continuity, albeit in Earth-2.

I don't think we'll see Prime-Earth Dick Grayson in Convergence, if there are any other Dicks that are going to be thrown into the main storyline, it would be the pre-new 52 versions.

EDIT: Just saw the solicitations for Earth 2: Society, there doesn't seem to be any clear evidence that Dick Grayson will be there based on the cover, but the solicit did mention that there is a new Batman....

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a good time to be me.

brobertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: yeah I saw the solicit too. It sounds like that book will be pretty interesting.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a refresher on what has been going on with Dick Grayson in the main Convergence series and keep in mind, Scott Lobdell has a hand in all this. Dick gets zapped into some area and is saved by Thomas Wayne (Batman) who is rewarded with a punch to the face. There Grayson meets with Alan Scott (Green Lantern), Jay Garrick (the Flash), Lar Zod (Superman) and Yolanda Montez (Wildcat I think), he makes out with Yolanda because she's the only female of the group who's also a redhead, so he never stood a chance. The issue ended with Telos arriving, giving some boring exposition.

So it seems as though Dick Grayson is going to be a part of this group of heroes from the Earth-2 series doing hero things. So if you want to see Dick Grayson on a team....here ya go. From a character perspective, he isn't a whole lot like his Prime-Earth counterpart, he's rather whiny, but it looks as though the character as bulked up from while he was in Earth-2 and his outfit looks a lot like Agent 37's get-up.

oompers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Convergence #2 preview basically retcons the way he gave away his son, to make him less of an idiot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.