Dick Grayson considered for Justice League Membership

#1 Posted by nmiller1939 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

In the preview for this week's Justice League, they showed the candidates for new membership on the Watchtower, which included Nightwing. He seems to be turning them down (also, tension with he and Bats continues), but the fact that he's considered, and that Bruce apparently endorsed him, shows that he is finally getting some respect in the nu52.

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think each member should have a back-up they trust ready to go. Hal coulda had John, Guy or Kyle ready to go before he left. Aquaman could have Mera fill his spot, Superman could have Kara, Flash could have....uh Element Woman or something....I dunno.

#3 Posted by vernierhawk001 (533 posts) - - Show Bio

really!? what issue?

#4 Posted by nmiller1939 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: 18 I believe. It's the one that comes out today.

#5 Edited by DurararaFTW (73 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll see how this goes down. I'm hoping that it'll be made clear that Dick spend a year on the justice league as Batman anyway, that this isn't a new invite but this might end up being another nail in the coffin as far as his history is concerned.

EDIT:

Well it's doubtful he ever spent time on the team as Batman, that he ever met Cyborg before and he entirely disappears after the preview.

#6 Posted by Munsu (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I would have loved to see him say something to Cyborg, or have someone acknowledge that he helped the JL team out as Batman while Bruce was gone for a little while. Either one of those would have been a thrill to see. Oh well. At least he was in a room with other non-Bat family heroes for once. Only took nearly two years for that to happen. :/

#7 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

SMH, well that's at least be happy he was at least considered, and that's he supposed to be on the JLI team anyways.

#8 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he would be more fitting for the Justice League of America or Justice League International.

#9 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he would be more fitting for the Justice League of America or Justice League International.

Agreed, but as long as Bruce is on the JLA I can't see Dick ever being there permanently.

#10 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see him in a reserve capacity, but I've never really cared for other non-powered members save for Batman being in the League. I find it takes away from what makes Bats special, though there are some exceptions to this rule (I don't mind Green Arrow, for one, since his skill-set's quite unique).

#11 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1556 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I'd like to see him in a reserve capacity, but I've never really cared for other non-powered members save for Batman being in the League. I find it takes away from what makes Bats special, though there are some exceptions to this rule (I don't mind Green Arrow, for one, since his skill-set's quite unique).

Exactly. Batman and Nightwing in particular are two similar to be on the same team, and at the same time I think we can agree the writers would never want to write Dick as being equal to Bruce, which leads to situations where one's superiority over the other is shown, which reinforces the point of why you'd have both on the team at the same time. Right now especially with the whole Superman/Wonder Woman thing going on i'd say it'd best for Bruce to be the one there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.