Dick Grayson as Batman?

#1 Posted by magicman620 (125 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think that Dick should remain as Batman over Bruce? I personally like to see Dick stay on as Batman even when Bruce Wayne returns. I really like that first issue front cover where you see that Dick and Damien are the new Batman and Robin. I would find it weird if DC just went backwards. They should just move forward. It like saying Dick Grayson should be back in his old Robin suit. Anyway what do you guys think? These are my thoughts you disagree if you like. 

#2 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought dick grayson was dead

#3 Posted by gunjin (714 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. dick taking over as batman seems like a natural step forward. if given a chance, i think he could become as popular to the public as kyle or even wally.

#4 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@magicman620 said:
" Do you think that Dick should remain as Batman over Bruce? I personally like to see Dick stay on as Batman even when Bruce Wayne returns. I really like that first issue front cover where you see that Dick and Damien are the new Batman and Robin. I would find it weird if DC just went backwards. They should just move forward. It like saying Dick Grayson should be back in his old Robin suit. Anyway what do you guys think? These are my thoughts you disagree if you like.  "
Agreed I like Dick Graysons Batman better, i just hope D.C have the balls to keep him as Batman.
#5 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Grayson as Batman but I don't wanna see it last too long.
 It'll be too similar to the Steve & Bucky situation Marvel is doing. 
Besides Dick will always be Nightwing to me.  He even still kinda
operates like Nightwing opposed to Batman. His tactics are as
fear based as Bruce's. To put it simply, Dick just is not Batman.

#6 Posted by Planewalker (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell ya everything and everyone on the planet moves on and evolves. This is most truth in the so called bat family, Tim is Red Robin now Stephanie is Batgirl and Damian Robin! 

I thing Bruce if he comes back He be on the Sidelines like oracle he  is getting to old anyway. 

#7 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

thay should have a fight to see who ever wins gets to be batman

#8 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Dick more as Nightwing...I'd rather have Bruce back as Batman, Dick as Nightwing, Tim as Red Robin, and Damien as Robin

#9 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

ya dick did a good nightwing

#10 Posted by Dracade102 (8126 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick should stay as Batman... Bruce can be the new Robin.
#11 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce wtf why would he do that

#12 Posted by mistrx75 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

They should both stay on as Batman.  We have more than one Flash, we have all kinds of Super people and Wonder ladies.  An extra Batman isn't going to destroy the universe.

#13 Posted by sambalam (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick didn't even want to be Batman and he did so reluctantly because he realized that Gotham needed Batman.

The Birth Of The New Dark knight
I think when Bruce comes back he'd be more than willing to hand over the cape and cowl because he knows it belongs to Bruce. It's his mission, not Dick's, to rid Gotham of crime.
#14 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin said:
" yes. dick taking over as batman seems like a natural step forward. if given a chance, i think he could become as popular to the public as kyle or even wally. "
agreed.I like Dick as Batman.
#15 Posted by tensor (5137 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is good as the new batman but bruce is still the man an love the batman an robin i think these 2 are the best batman an robin for me like how the writers are doing it i never get bored reading the new batman an robin issues so far

#16 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" @gunjin said:
" yes. dick taking over as batman seems like a natural step forward. if given a chance, i think he could become as popular to the public as kyle or even wally. "
agreed.I like Dick as Batman. "
i don t
#17 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Bruce as Batman, I love Dick as Batman, but I love even more the dynamic of Dick and Damian!

#18 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

just maybe dick can be the hero when Bruce is gone like a substitute 

#19 Posted by cbishop (7486 posts) - - Show Bio
@sambalam said:
"Dick didn't even want to be Batman and he did so reluctantly because he realized that Gotham needed Batman.

The Birth Of The New Dark knight
I think when Bruce comes back he'd be more than willing to hand over the cape and cowl because he knows it belongs to Bruce. It's his mission, not Dick's, to rid Gotham of crime. "

This.
#20 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

he needs to stay nightwing

#21 Posted by cbishop (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Dick has always been a more balanced character.  Bruce is obsessively driven, and has no life beyond his mission to fight crime.  Bruce Wayne is the disguise for him.  Dick has a life outside of the costume, and he's not adverse to showing emotion, which makes him waaayyy more interesting, in my opinion. 

However, with the movies being out there, Bruce Wayne will always be Batman.  It would be completely logical for someone to take over the Bat-mantle at some point, but it's only ever going to be temporary.  I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce starts using Lazarus pits at some point, just to keep him from aging too much, so they don't have to keep updating his origin.

#22 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Dick as  Batman

#24 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

i don t

#25 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#26 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

i watched comic con it was interesting

#27 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

You went to comic con?

#28 Posted by Craig Lovecraft (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Dick as Batman, but I think a lot of fans would prefer if Bruce took over the role again. I just hope they don't kill off Dick or something stupid like that.

#29 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: no i watched it one g4 thay had a live thing like thay did at e3
#30 Posted by MisterMollusk (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be more realistic to keep Dick as Batman. Bruce has finally successfully passed the mantle on to someone else. I think it'd be cool to see him use his vast fortune to do some good as opposed to running around beatin up dudes at night.

#31 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@zero man: ok
#32 Posted by zero man (235 posts) - - Show Bio

ya but not the whole thing  i like kept falling asleep every time i got a chance to watch it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.