Dick Grayson Aka The 2nd Greatest Detective?

#1 Posted by JorRis107 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple answer is maybe. He is a good detective I mean he learned from the greatest. But is he the second greatest?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24884 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Tim Drake has proven to be a better detective than Dick, I like Grayson more but Tim is considered by Batman to be his equal as a detective.

#3 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@JorRis107:

Sadly, no.

Tim is the second greatest out of the Bat family. Dick has admitted it, Bruce knows it, even Ra's al Ghul admitted it.

I still like Dick though. He's a better leader.

#4 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to preface what I'm about to say by mentioning that I am a huge Dick Grayson fan. That means I'd love to agree and say he is. Sadly, I think the books are pretty adamant on the fact that Tim is actually the one who rivals Bruce. Somewhere I read that Ra's al Ghul has only bestowed the title of "detective" on Bruce Wayne and Tim Drake.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@JorRis107:

Sadly, no.

Tim is the second greatest out of the Bat family. Dick has admitted it, Bruce knows it, even Ra's al Ghul admitted it.

I still like Dick though. He's a better leader.

Yup

#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13014 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Tim is superior to Dick, Bruce is superior to Tim and Ralph Dibny is superior to all 3 XD

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13014 posts) - - Show Bio

To clarify, when I say superior, I mean as detectives not as characters

#8 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman>Ralph>Tim. But Tim is still young, he has time to learn and surpass them both.

Also, if Identity Crisis and 52 didn't happen, what is the status of Ralph and Sue?

#9 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah man......Elongated Man....lol

#10 Posted by _Zombie_ (10416 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Tim is. Dick's always been the more athletic one. While he's a good detective, it's not his specialty.

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

The Question should be second in my humble opinion. Though I think Dick makes top 5 easy.

#12 Edited by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: Although I do believe in the latter issues of Nightwing(right before cancellation) Ra's Al Ghul bestows upon Dick the sword he used to duel Batman, and accepts him as a replacement, I think in part b/c he was never able to route Batman himself. He even calls him by Detective if I remember correctly.

#13 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

oh wow! really?! I need o check that out. Thanks!

#14 Posted by Krissyjump (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: You remember correctly. :)

#15 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim

#16 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.