DC Universe Online Gets Dick...Grayson, That Is

Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Universe Online is getting closer, but it sure feels like we've been waiting for some time now for Nightwing to make his appearance.  Saying that, I'd rather the game developers take their time to do it right.  The problem is, some characters developed might become  outdated.   

Recently, screenshots have made their way online showing Dick Grayson as Nightwing even though we know he is now Batman.  Obviously this makes the most sense since the general audience will not be up-to-date with the current story-arc.  Besides, I still consider Bruce Wayne to be the true Batman.  

So if you've been wondering what Dick will look like, here's some images of Dick beating off the bad guys.  
(Click to enlarge):

Are you looking forward to playing with Dick?  Do you think it'll be hard knowing that his Nightwing persona doesn't exist anymore?  What other characters are you looking forward to seeing?
Staff
#1 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

ummmmm.......there are so many innuendos in the article that I'm not really sure what my response should be....yes....I am looking forward to playing with Dick.....see that just sounds wrong 

I'm glad that they're taking so long on this game...I'd rather them take a long time and get it right then for them to rush it and have the game suck....hopefully they're planning a lot of DLC and plan on keeping the game going for a long time

#2 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: Innuendos?  Really...?
Staff
#3 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've been hearing. They are going to be having scenarios based on some classic events. One I heard about is assisting Superman in his fight with Doomsday. I don't believe they are going for any sort of continuity with the comics. Though a Blackest Night would be a pretty cool future event to play through. Even more so if you can select a character who is a Black Lantern.

#4 Posted by ShadowFade (30 posts) - - Show Bio

G-man when is the release date suppose to be? I am looking forward to this game. I hope they do us all "justice" with the character creation. This game will be the reason why I will buy a Playstation 3. 

#5 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShadowFade: All we know is 2010.
Staff
#6 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt: from what I've heard there will eventually be crossovers between the comics and the game...they said that there's even a chance that some player created characters would appear in the comics
#7 Edited by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: In an interview that Ryan did at either E3 or GDC earlier this year the devs said they weren't going with recent story-lines and were purposefully leaving Bruce as Bats and Dick as Nightwing for a more general DC-feel to the game. The interviewee in question specifically addressed the issue you raise in this article back then. And to be honest I agree that Bruce is and always will be the true Batman so I've no problem with seeing Nightwing running around. Tim as Red Robin? Now that's a different story, I'll miss him.
#8 Posted by inferiorego (21242 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm become inpatient... InferiorEgo needs to be in the DCU... As a cab driver.

Staff Online
#9 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:

" @danhimself: Innuendos?  Really...? "

So if you've been wondering what Dick will look like, here's some images of Dick beating off the bad guys.  
(Click to enlarge):
#10 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego:  does that mean you're getting a PS3?
#11 Posted by inferiorego (21242 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: it's on pc too, isn't it?
Staff Online
#12 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego:  I think it is...but get a PS3!!!!!!
#13 Posted by inferiorego (21242 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @inferiorego:  I think it is...but get a PS3!!!!!! "
nope, i already have a blu-ray player and a xbox
Staff Online
#14 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: 

Seriously G-Man, I had to stop myself from saying "Thats what she said!" like 5 times. 

You're the worst.
#15 Posted by inferiorego (21242 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" @G-Man:  Seriously G-Man, I had to stop myself from saying "Thats what she said!" like 5 times.  You're the worst. "
LMAO
Staff Online
#16 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

who is raven fighting in the 5th image?

#17 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"who is raven fighting in the 5th image? "

a player created character
#18 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @pixelized said:
a player created character "
sexy. I love how we were just talking about this last night and bam, news about it.
#19 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @danhimself said:
" @pixelized said:
a player created character "
sexy. I love how we were just talking about this last night and bam, news about it. "

I think it has something to do with our super powers
#20 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, just too awesome  ^_^
#21 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLStyle: Thanks.  I was aware of that interview but just stating it since not everyone here watches Giant Bomb videos.
Staff
#22 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want this game when it comes out. It looks awesome. Like World of Warcraft, except with superheroes in.
#23 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the reason that I'm so excited about this game is that it's going to be on PS3...I really got into WoW for a little bit but to fully enjoy a PC game you need to have a very expensive PC and I was only playing on my laptop so I didn't play it that long...but with this being on a console that I already have I don't have to worry about my machine not being up to spec

#24 Posted by sambow (27 posts) - - Show Bio

that is so cool cant wait to check it out

#25 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"ummmmm.......there are so many innuendos in the article that I'm not really sure what my response should be....yes....I am looking forward to playing with Dick.....see that just sounds wrong  I'm glad that they're taking so long on this game...I'd rather them take a long time and get it right then for them to rush it and have the game suck....hopefully they're planning a lot of DLC and plan on keeping the game going for a long time "

or "beating off the bad guys with Dick"
#26 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to play this game!

#27 Posted by Jay-Man (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is looking pretty BA in these pictures!

#28 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Dick should get a pair of underwear that says "click to enlarge"

#29 Posted by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @FLStyle: Thanks.  I was aware of that interview but just stating it since not everyone here watches Giant Bomb videos. "
Cool beans, apparently you've got a better memory than I have, completely forgot until I'd searched for info on the game.
#30 Posted by jefprice (878 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice one more game to add to my PS3 wish list. Looks great!

#31 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

lesson we learn from these pictures: dont F with Titans.

#32 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

is it only on PC?
#33 Edited by Dane (10590 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: yes, I think Dick will be hard for DCUO.

Also they need to release the game before their 2005 era graphics get laughed off at the eventual game launch. Anyone else notice in image 5 Raven takes an uppercut to the lady bits?
#34 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Good, good.

#35 Posted by G-Man (30664 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have the unfair advantage that they work downstairs from me....or did until we moved to a bigger office.  But they're still practically next door.  But when I heard they interviewed the dude about it, I watched it right away.

Staff
#36 Posted by KillerZ (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

"here's some images of Dick beating off the bad guys."

I just couldn't stop laughing after reading that one. ROFL

#37 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

really excited for this game!

#38 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright!!! Good to see Nightwing in this game!!!

#39 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good :) Can't wait to beat up bad guys with Dick by my side.
#40 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio
@KillerZ said:
" "here's some images of Dick beating off the bad guys."  I just couldn't stop laughing after reading that one. ROFL "
That was my fault as a copy editor.
Staff
#41 Posted by zmann95 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm looking forward to play with dick, and Nightwing also. :) 

#42 Posted by roxamilli (184 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome, i can't wait for the game to come out! but i wish his hair was different.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.