Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

DC killing Dick Grayson?!?!

• 96 results
    HuiZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd rather have DC: Nightwing Month.

Each issue that month, Nightwing beats every villain in the DC universe to an inch of their lives.

Sounds like a party to me.

Avatar image for ultimategirlshileha1236
    ultimategirlshileha1236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DC wants to die I'm still upset about Damian if you kill off Nightwing I'M DONE.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still doesn't seem like there's a 100% confirmation that Dick's going to die. If he does, then I hope everyone involved is prepared for the fallout.

Jake7696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they kill off Nightwing I will be done with DC... I agree with OP. I understand how it can make for a thrilling issue but they're killing off too many characters recently

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose the worst thing that could happen to him now would be to sit down and talk with Jason. Not even getting physical.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

The only bone to this particular rumor is Dan's plan from Infinite Crisis to kill him off, that earned him so much flack he killed Superboy instead (and pretty much totalled Teen Titans and WG).

I don't think DC is going to try that again, especially with all the BS Batman is already going through with the loss of his pet sociopath. So rest easy, if anyone is dying, it's going to be someone else from outside the Bat-family. That said, since this is DC, I wouldn't be halfway surprised to learn if they brought back someone like Wally, Donna or someone long lost only to kill them.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

The only bone to this particular rumor is Dan's plan from Infinite Crisis to kill him off, that earned him so much flack he killed Superboy instead (and pretty much totalled Teen Titans and WG).

I don't think DC is going to try that again, especially with all the BS Batman is already going through with the loss of his pet sociopath. So rest easy, if anyone is dying, it's going to be someone else from outside the Bat-family. That said, since this is DC, I wouldn't be halfway surprised to learn if they brought back someone like Wally, Donna or someone long lost only to kill them.

Exactly. Stop worrying. They said Dick would be affected, not killed.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you. There's nothing solid yet to really believe Dick's going to die. The image of him beaten and bloodied is certainly gruesome, but nothing we haven't seen before, even from him within his own comic. It happens. I still think we have to look at the fact that his series is selling well, Damian was just killed off and Bruce is still going through grief about that, and Dick himself is just getting to a new city. Don't see any sense in actually killing the character.

DB150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DB150

Why the hell would you kill dick grayson I mean what's Wrong with these guys it's like Bruce Wayne cause the way I see it nightwing/robin and batman are one of the same batman is a protector of gotham

Nightwing is a protector of bludhaven and both have faced overwhelming foes in other words dick grayson is like another batman who may just be as popular as him

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, leave Grayson alone DC, he's one of the best characters! Perhaps he will be seriously injured and paralysed or something (I hope not!).

I'm still annoyed about them killing Damian.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like they're killing the Bat family. I can see it leading up to a really good event.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@rogues said:

Seems like they're killing the Bat family. I can see it leading up to a really good event.

Death of the Family...dam dam dam daaaammm!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ssejllenrad

DC! If you kill Dick then you're dicks!

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardjohngrayson: I understand your fandom, but do you really think there's a chance, that if any of this were true, that'd he'd stay dead for any real amount of time?

There are no "sacred cows" in terms of comic deaths anymore. Bucky and Jason Todd are back. No one stays dead anymore. If he dies, just hope it's a good story that lets him go out as a hero and await his return.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By graysonofgotham

Super valid point. I just feel like as a Grayson fan, I have had the rug ripped out from under me far too many times. The new 52 has all but erased his history. His friends and his relationships are so different. But I have stayed on. Reading all the Bat books and of course Nightwing because I am a Dick Grayson fan. But I am not gonna stand around and have DC kill him or cripple him or worst of all make him a villain. I would rather just take my money elsewhere.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardjohngrayson: Nightwing (late 90s) was one of the two books that got me back into comics. I absolutely understand how you feel about the character...but the stories you enjoyed still exist and you can read them whenever you like, they can't take that away. Though there's a new continuity, it doesn't mean you should enjoy new stories any less. If you're frustrated by books, don't read them. There are lots of great stories across all sorts of topics and you shouldn't throw your dollars at something you're not enjoying.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@outside_85 said:

Thank you. There's nothing solid yet to really believe Dick's going to die. The image of him beaten and bloodied is certainly gruesome, but nothing we haven't seen before, even from him within his own comic. It happens. I still think we have to look at the fact that his series is selling well, Damian was just killed off and Bruce is still going through grief about that, and Dick himself is just getting to a new city. Don't see any sense in actually killing the character.

The image of him bloodied is actually the cover from Nightwing issue #10 so there's some relief on that front. I'm worried that instead of killing him, they'll morph him into something unrecognizable. Knowing DC, they'll make me wish he was killed instead....

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#69  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*sees negative reaction to Dick being killed in Injustice

"Yeah, let's go for that! I mean, who even remembers another Robin was killed not too long ago, right?"

But really, let's wait and see, shall we?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#70 inferiorego  Staff

Can we, as a collective, stop believing in every rumor that Bleeding Cool puts on their site? Yep, they're right sometimes, but they're also wrong... a lot.

Also, Buzzfeed calling this announcement (villains month) "an exclusive" is like me reporting on the 96 NBA Championships, right now, and calling it "breaking news."

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By graysonofgotham

@crash_recovery: again great points. To just spell out how I feel I will just say this Dick Grayson is my favorite character. I spend money on trades, t-shirts toys, vieo games, and even a tattoo ;) lol) i love what Kyle Higgins has done with Grayson in the New 52 but I don't see a point in doing something to a character who as far as I can tell is at the height of his popularity. You are 100% right the stories I love are still on my bookshelf and I will always love/ have them. But I was really looking forward to new stories. At the end of the day what I am trying to say is if they do something awful to him...I am just going to vote with my dollar and spend my money elsewhere. Which I think is the fair/smart thing to do

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin: cusDidiois retarded and hates grayson that's why he's wated to kill him for years

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody is looking at the possibility that this could turn out to be a positive thing instead of a negative thing like a killing or a death. as stated before the sheer probability of killing Nightwing is very low, Nightwing is up there in sales next to Superman and is always in or near the top ten, so killing him does not benefit DC at all. that being said:

It is my theory that DC is going to do the exact opposite of what it is making it look like, in Death of The Family everyone thought Alfred was going to die or get crippled but he turned out to be fine. Kyle Higgins himself said he wants Nightwing to become a more prominent hero and not " that circus kid that used to be robin." if i were a betting man I would say that DC is creating all this hype and speculation to bring the focus on Nightwing and then instead of killing or hurting him they are going to make him go through hell and rise out on top, perhaps being the one instead of Batman or Superman to finally save the day and earn all the spot light and recognition he deserved.

I know this sounds like I am reaching for hope but how many times has DC given us what they were leading us to believe, we thought Night of the Owls would be about the Gray-son it wasnt, instead it turned out to be Bruces brother, in DOTF we thought sense the Joker had Alfred, Alfred would come to harm but he didn't and DOFT really did not drastically tear the family apart as we thought it would. so DC has a history of leading us one way and then doing the opposite.

For those of you who play The Elder Scrolls, think about what Bethesda did in Skyrim. They told their fans that there "are no werewolves in Skyrim, and no future plans to add them" which got a lot of the fans disappointed and the whole werewolf thing became a huge buzz and everyone was talking about werewolves and skyrim, then a few days before the release it came out that Bethesda was just F-ing with everyone and werewolves were built into one of the major guilds and everyone was happy.

Same thing is happening here. DC threatens to kill Grayson, big buzz, lots of negativity, and makes everyone buy the comic because of the shit storm the Nightwing fans create because everyone wants to know if they are actually going to kill him, and good ol Dicky Boy is fine in the end, DC makes huge sales and Nightwing fans are happy that Dick got some major recognition.

think about it this way if the portrayed it in a positive light and said "hey guys Nightwing is going to play a major role and everything is going to be fine" we would all just say "hip hip hooray" and it would be over, no buzz or nothing but when they rile us up a lot of word of mouth is spread and it becomes a big hype.

think about it this way if the headline was

(insert major character here, that you don't currently read) saves the day! and defeats bad guys in villain month

would u read it NO because they always save the day

but if it was

DC hints (insert major character here, that you don't currently read) is going to die!

would you read it, YES!

I dont read Wonder Woman but if I thought she was going to die I might pick up a few issues to see what happens, simple as that my friends its all hype and its going to be the exact opposite of what everyone is thinking.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By JohnnyGat

Whenever I see threads like this I just find it amusing.

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new 52 has been brutal to Nightwing, they are take or annul some great aspects of the chacrater, and now Didio wants to use him as a sacrifice to give his event meaning.

He is not going to die, but there are worse things than death in comics. Is not going to be good, probably is going to be humiliantly (this is the same editorial that killed him with a rock), and a fauliere for him that is going to be dragging him down long after this story-line is over.

Nightwing was just getting his feets under him again after the last crossover, he was light and fun, but I guess that is not allowed in the new 52.

But the really dumb part is that he is not conected to anyone in this new universe, so why would anyone besides Batman and Batgirl care?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not getting killed off

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/27/no-america-dc-comics-is-not-killing-off-nightwing-in-forever-evil/

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dondave said:

He's not getting killed off

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/27/no-america-dc-comics-is-not-killing-off-nightwing-in-forever-evil/

And lo, the teeming thousands of rabid Dick Grayson fanboys/fangirls were appeased by what they saw :P

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By graysonofgotham

I wonder what the Crime Syndicate of America will do to him?

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Nightwingdg

@richardjohngrayson: He'll fight off and defeat the entire Crime Syndicate, only to trip and snap his neck on a rock.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

They won't kill Dick.

dropkickjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping that Dick somehow gets transported to earth 3 temporarily, with an evil version of him being moved to Earth Prime. It could explain the "death would seem a mercy" but still leave room for it not to ruin his life... again.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

@outside_85 said:

The image of him bloodied is actually the cover from Nightwing issue #10 so there's some relief on that front. I'm worried that instead of killing him, they'll morph him into something unrecognizable. Knowing DC, they'll make me wish he was killed instead....

"SIGH" sadly that's a very real fear to have. The only bright spot is that they've made so many changes to the character already that it's hard to imagine what more they could do to him. We do have to look on the bright side though and think of the fact that if Dick isn't killed, if he's just put through the ringer once more, then that's still going to be a lot of focus on him, for an event where he won't die, and therefore has a high chance of coming out on top and looking great for the fans.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83  Edited By cameron83

@outside_85 said:

They're not killing the character....but....something terrible is going to happen to him.He's not going to die....but perhaps something that would be preferable.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/122829-nightwing-to-take-one-for-the-team-in-forever-evil.html

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its goin be somewha lihh dat young justice episode when he had to make a decision. I forgot wha episode it was but considered wha had happen it can be a good thing or a bad thing dependin on the person point of view.

lilcraig92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Failsafe and some parts of disordered

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES! there killing him ive been waiting for this day since i started looking at his character

Red_Lion1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't see them killing off Damian and Dick within such a short amount of time. Saying that I have as I've got older decided to wait and see rather than panicking straight away when hearing a rumor such as this. Though saying that I can understand people concerns as I myself really enjoy the character.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By graysonofgotham
    CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a thought. What if Grayson kills Tony Zuko and they label him a villain.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Geoff Johns, I hate you!!!

No Caption Provided

You f$%cKing piece of garbage!!

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, he has an annual coming out this fall so he can't die right? Right??? o_O

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

Well, he has an annual coming out this fall so he can't die right? Right??? o_O

Check the latest solicits

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knew it. There was no way in hell Didio had the stones to pull it off.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, didn't make any sense to kill off a character with a popular series, who's life was being completely revamped at that.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@darkseid_prime: Cyborg should die and Martian Manhunter should join the Justice League.

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.