Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9486 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Can someone spoil for me...

sockman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

...what is going on with Dick Grayson right now? I read a small portion of Forever Evil but wasn't really enjoying it - it felt too gimmicky - so I stopped after the first two issues of the Forever Evil title.

But I'm curious what is happening with Dick Grayson, at the moment. With his identity revealed, has he taken on a new identity? Have people deduced who Bruce is as a result? Is Dick still alive (I know there was some speculation that he would die at the end of Forever Evil a while back but I haven't heard anything on that front for a while)?

Any information would be appreciated.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has been the Syndicates prisoner through the duration of the event. Owlman has been beating him up and telling Dick to join him in order to replace the Dick Grayson from his universe. Finally, Owlman gives him an ultimatum, join me and defeat the Syndicate, or let Ultraman enslave the planet. Dick agreed to join him. That's as far as I read. Dick's fate will be revealed in the next issue.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By graysonofgotham

So I found Forever Evil #6 spoilers. ugh..

-Dick Grayson is being held in what is called the Murder Machine. It's basically a giant bomb that will only shut off it Dick's heart stops beating. Luthor, Bizarro, Batman, and Catwoman are all stuck in the room with Grayson and they can't get out because the room was made to hold Doomsday (which doesn't jive with current Superman continuity).

-Luthor smothers Grayson and and apparently kills him and Batman attacks Luthor. He tells Batman everything is under control.

-The Syndicate comes back and starts fighting with our Hero-villains. Manta kills the Alfred of Earth-3 who was going to kill the hooded prisoner. Manta and Captain cold remove his hood.

-Johnny Quick and Atomika try to stop Manta and Cold. Cold freezes off one of Johnny Quicks legs. The the prisoner is revealed to be…

-Alexander Luthor of Earth 3. Oh and he is also that Earths Shazam, except he is Mazahs, and he summons the dark lightening. Also he can steal powers from others as he kills Quick and steals his energy.

-The threat from the other universe is not shown at all.

Source: http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?488701-PREVIEW-Forever-Evil-6/page2

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By graysonofgotham
    I found the pictures on Twitter.
    I found the pictures on Twitter.
    No Caption Provided

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What actually happens:

• Dick Grayson is outed so the Crime Syndicate can make an example out of him since "He has so many friends"
    • He's then tortured still after. Owlman wants him to be his Dick Grayson, as the last one got chopped up into pieces.
    • At first, Nightwing is all "Hell no" until he asks him to help take down the Crime Syndicate. In which Nightwing then agrees to help him.
    • Superwoman overhears this and tells Ultraman. Ultraman then tells Grid to restrain him more.
    • Grid uses the Murder Room, which is of apokoliptian tech, to imprison Grayson.It's connected to his heart and he's unable to escape.
    • Batman, Lex, Catwoman, And B-Zero find Grayson stuck.
    • The Door closes and they're trapped. A Bomb is triggered and it's connected to Grayson's heart rate. They must kill him.
    • Luthor see's no other way and smothers him to death, angering both Catwoman and Batman.
    • Luthor tries to stop him, saying there's still time to save him. He'd only smother him to stop his heart rate, apparently(Issue ends here.)

That's all of it in a nutshell so far. His fate isn't really revealed in #6. As Nightwing would say "You guys have been had". His true fate isn't going to be revealed until....well...next month. Even though today's Issue(number 6 of 7) was suppose to have done that.

Should I post pictures?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jayaaerow: hmm best not to post any spoiler scans just yet incase they end up in the wrong places and people get spoiled who don't want to be

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not gonna die.....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@rustyroy said:

He's not gonna die.....

Clearly that's shown to be the case but I'm not sold on why Johns decided to do what he did in the issue. It didn't impress me either.

@arturocalakayvee I know you're a big Dick Grayson fan so once you've read Forever Evil 6, you'll probably be interested to give your views in this thread given its content topic and all that.

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vitacura

Is an embarrassment what the new 52 has done with Nightwing, this event in particularly , beyond that it was uninspired, it took forever and everybody knew who the guy in the hood was.

Dick would be lucky if he is dead.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@rustyroy said:

He's not gonna die.....

Clearly that's shown to be the case but I'm not sold on why Johns decided to do what he did in the issue. It didn't impress me either.

@arturocalakayvee I know you're a big Dick Grayson fan so once you've read Forever Evil 6, you'll probably be interested to give your views in this thread given its content topic and all that.

Thanks for mention, mate. Just finished the issue now. Slowest event I've probably ever read and the final issue next month seems like its going to be a clusterf%ck. The prisoner reveal was obvious but the twist was either really cool or really stupid. Not sure which lol. Also not sure why Johns' has such a hard on for Shazam lately. As for Dick Grayson's fate…we were left with no answer as to what happened to Dick so we'll have to wait next month to find out but if they do decide to kill him, my response will be heated :p

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I won't be best pleased either but Johns has hinted at plans for Dick Grayson so that's at least indicative that he'll be staying in the land of the living for a while yet.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has to live for the simple fact that Lex is gonna be in the Justice League with Bruce. No way in hell would Bruce work with him if he legit killed Grayson.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kidchipotle

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee: I won't be best pleased either but Johns has hinted at plans for Dick Grayson so that's at least indicative that he'll be staying in the land of the living for a while yet.

Has he? Why haven't I heard these plans!?

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vitacura

@lvenger:

That is actually a bad thing. Jhons having plans for him translated to Nightwing tied to a chair for 6 issues only to "die"

They could make him a Talon because that would such a different idea, nevermind that there are a bunch of talons going around already, they could put him in the Lazarus pit, because that's a groundbreaking concept

They are out of any original thought.

Dick is better dead, or they are going to keep taking things from him.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitacura: I have to disagree on some levels with you here. Yes a fake out death isn't good at all for Dick Grayson but there is still a lot of potential for Dick post Forever Evil. The entire world knows who he is so it gives him a chance to develop a new secret identity and hopefully grow even more as his own character away from the Batman Family within the DC Universe. One really good concept I've heard that would be perfect for Dick is if he headed up his own team of young superheroes, training them and teaching them how to be better heroes. Like the olden days of Young Justice or a hearkening back to how the Teen Titans should be. At his core, Dick is the ultimate example of a growing legacy character thanks to Wolfman starting the ball rolling in New Teen Titans. And if done right, this could be another chance for Dick to grow up even more.

@lvenger said:

I'm trying to find an article where it says about these future plans mate but so far I've come up short thus far. I definitely remember reading about it though.

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: The entire world knows who he is because of Johns' plans. Nothing of this is good for Dick.

He already "develop a new secret identity and hopefully grow even more as his own character away from the Batman Family within the DC Universe" they just took all away.

You are basically saying that it good they taked everything so the can do a lackluster version.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitacura: I'm not saying that in the slightest. I'm saying that there's hope for Dick Grayson as a character. If you're really a fan of the character, you can't mope and whine about how bad things are that there's no point in continuing Dick Grayson's story. Forgive me, but I don't find that to be the right kind of fandom for a character at all. Higgins wrote a great Dick Grayson in the New 52 so as long as there's a plan to put Dick in the right kind of spotlight, he can still get good stories. You shouldn't take such a negative and borderline fanboy whinging stance to all this yet when it's unclear what will happen to Dick Grayson.

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: That is how much the new 52 has harm the character. He is better dead.

They took every feature and distributed among other characters, Higgins did what he could but he completely failed to build something permanent because every time he tried, the publisher's plans knock it down. The same publisher that now turn him into the ultimate victim. That was their plan, that's what Johns he wrote.

Is not "a negative and borderline fanboy whinging stance" is realism.

At this point it would be a win if he goes down as a human instead of turn into the zombie Snyder intended him to be.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@vitacura: To be honest him dying at this point wouldn't be very good for his character. It seems to me that in the new 52, writers have been tearing Dick Grayson down, to kill him when he's at rock bottom would make his entire new 52 arc seem rather pointless and masochistic for the readers. It would be best for his character to be built back up.

In my opinion the best thing for his character is to come out of FE and separate himself from the Batfamily (except for a random encounter every now and then) and create new relationships with other characters. It's bitterly ironic that Dick Grayson has become rather isolated from the DC universe pre-FE while Jason Todd meets members of the DC universe seemingly every issue.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitacura: Whatever, you're a lost cause here without having any hope for future potential story telling. Green Arrow was once one of the worst New 52 books but a creative shake up turned it into one of DC's best titles. Such things are capable of happening.

dcfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple of things to consider:

First, Dick should have been allowed a heroic death along the lines of saying something like “kill me to save yourselves”.Dick wasn’t allowed to make any choice regarding his situation.Other than the cursory apology, Lex just walked up to him and smothered him.Smothering someone in this case seems to reinforce the idea of Dick as a victim.

Next, in Batman 7, Bruce tells Dick the tooth does allow for electrum to transfer from the implanted tooth to the person whom has been implanted with the tooth, “In this man’s body, I found a significant amount of electrum.No just in his blood but in his cells.The alloy seeped down over years and years from a deposit embedded in his tooth." There is a good is a chance Dick could come back as a Talon but will DC allow such a dramatic change.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@vitacura: I'm not saying that in the slightest. I'm saying that there's hope for Dick Grayson as a character. If you're really a fan of the character, you can't mope and whine about how bad things are that there's no point in continuing Dick Grayson's story. Forgive me, but I don't find that to be the right kind of fandom for a character at all. Higgins wrote a great Dick Grayson in the New 52 so as long as there's a plan to put Dick in the right kind of spotlight, he can still get good stories. You shouldn't take such a negative and borderline fanboy whinging stance to all this yet when it's unclear what will happen to Dick Grayson.

I'm in full agreement with you, Lvenger. This could end up being great for Grayson. And as a die hard fan I would never just want him to die.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll agree with the thought that there's still more that can be done with Dick's character. He's hit rock bottom before and picked himself back up; no reason he can't do it again. That being said, DC needs to stop dragging him into these events. That's the main problem he's been suffering since the New 52 started.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kidchipotle

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

I'm trying to find an article where it says about these future plans mate but so far I've come up short thus far. I definitely remember reading about it though.

Ah that's alright man. I appreciate the effort though. I probably have heard these plans but forgotten them. :p

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm sick of the hire ups and what they've done to nightwing's series,continually taking away things that gave the series direction(Haley's,amusement mile....his series for cripes sake!)....but negatives aside,I was actually anticipating a nightwing post FE(in his series,f***king DC....) where it would be interesting with his identity known,maybe he'll join a team? Either way.....I still want him to he Nightwing,(also....Bluebird on behalf of Dick and Damian, screw you..... =) anyway,what happens now? I know about the spoiler moment in FE6 and I'm 60/40 sure that they'll do it since....Didio,but i'm hoping that Johns likes Dick since he's DC's golden boy(1of them anyway) and he has pull, anyone else want Higgins to write Dick's N52 Nightwing origin? Maybe make it a mini series.....since he doesn't have a regular one anymore.... =(

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardjohngrayson: THANK YOU, this is the kind of Dick Grayson and comic book fan in general I love seeing mate. One who's willing to see positive opportunities whilst remaining sceptical enough to criticise a company if a character is hard done by.

@lvenger said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@lvenger said:

Ah that's alright man. I appreciate the effort though. I probably have heard these plans but forgotten them. :p

I think the same has happened to me in all honesty.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you guys think Nightwing could pull off the role of being a public superhero? I used to think that it was a bad idea for street-levelers to go public, but Mark Waid's Daredevil convinced me otherwise. Dick is pretty much one of the most well-liked characters in the DC universe, so he won't suffer from a lot of backlash from the public imo. I think it'd be really cool to have him patrol Chicago with a personal relationship with everyone around him.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@richardjohngrayson: THANK YOU, this is the kind of Dick Grayson and comic book fan in general I love seeing mate. One who's willing to see positive opportunities whilst remaining sceptical enough to criticise a company if a character is hard done by.

Oh boy do I have a neat rebuttal for this L, but since it's a Nightwing topic I'm going to keep it to myself :P

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Oh boy do I have a neat rebuttal for this L, but since it's a Nightwing topic I'm going to keep it to myself :P

No Caption Provided

All right all right, then PM me this neat rebuttal so I can see what you're on about. You've now spiked my curiosity so blame that for what you will :P

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alak said:

Do you guys think Nightwing could pull off the role of being a public superhero? I used to think that it was a bad idea for street-levelers to go public, but Mark Waid's Daredevil convinced me otherwise. Dick is pretty much one of the most well-liked characters in the DC universe, so he won't suffer from a lot of backlash from the public imo. I think it'd be really cool to have him patrol Chicago with a personal relationship with everyone around him.

Gives the entire Bat Family public relationships. I said it before, if people couldn't figure out the identities of everyone else a few minutes after Dick's name was said to the public, they're all idiots lol

dcfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dcfan4ever

This is a solicitation for for "Nightwing & Bluebird" at Bleeding Cool. If this is true, what if Dick continues his Nightwing identity but his real identity perishes? Played right, it could cover some of batfamily connections issues.

dcfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dcfan4ever

Please ignore the "If this is true..." in my previous post.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.