Brotherhood?

#1 Posted by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

So we all know/hope Death of the Family will bring some changes to the Bat-family, what would you guys think of a Nightwing/Red Robin series. I mean bruce and damian currently have Batman and Robin and Tim doesnt have a stand alone comic and this wouldnt be either but I think he would get more time then he does with the Titans. Im NOT saying stop teen titans or Nightwing comics but adding a new one. Make it about Dick and Tim traveling around with Haley's Circus (if its stills standing after DOTF) and they meet old friends and enemies. What you guys think? i think its a win/win more exposure for NW and RR and NW gets more exposure to other characters so he isnt alone in Gotham.

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.... who knows... chances of success are too high yet too low....

#3 Posted by Nightwing4 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

As a fanboy of both I'd say do it DC As a regular comic reader I'd say depends on the outcome of DotF. Either way, a non batman centric detective book would be nice. According to the new 52, Dick may not even know there are other heroes outside Gotham, lol. Isolation of an original character = bad

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (16019 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightwing4 said:

As a fanboy of both I'd say do it DC
As a regular comic reader I'd say depends on the outcome of DotF.
Either way, a non batman centric detective book would be nice.
According to the new 52, Dick may not even know there are other heroes outside Gotham, lol.
Isolation of an original character = bad

what do u mean by this in a redhood and the outlaws flash back it show nightwing in a blue costume teamed up with arsenal and starfire

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actually like to see a Nightwing/Red Hood mini but not one of those buddy cop type minis I think they should be very clear about the attitude these two have toward each other yet force them to work together without Batman or any other members of the bat family involved, Just show the relationship between Dick as pretty much the standard bearer of what a "Son" of Batman should be and Jason as the black sheep.

#6 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go for it....but I don't think the NEW 52 has established Tim and Dick being as close as they were before. As much as it pains me to say, I could actually see Tim and Jason travelling together in a mini series

#7 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

A "Robins" miniseries might be better.

#8 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd buy it, and I think the series could establish the terms of their relationship within the first few issues. I'd also buy one with Dick and Jason being featured.

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor: You could have two minis running at once one revolving around Tim and Damian and one about Dick and Jason and they end up having to work their s**t out before they all come together in a third where they all have to work together as a team but the key factor here is that Batman can't be actively involved in any of it, at most they could be trying to save him or something but he has to be out of the picture for most of it to accomplish anything important for the characters.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27706 posts) - - Show Bio

Only if the replace one of the other Bat books with it

#11 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Perhaps "Batman" could transform into a drama starring the entire Bat-Family. Certain issues or arcs would focus on one or more specific characters' adventures. "Batman" (vol. 2) would end with ramifications for the family; "Batman" (vol. 3) would pick up where it left off. "Batman" volumes could take on a seasonal (as in TV) quality. Losing the solo titles sounds risky, though. Dick and Jason have enjoyed great runs this past year. This idea would work better on an animated series.

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor: I'm just talking about mini series here you could have all 3 take place over the course of like a week or so. Maybe have some one attack the whole Bat family in like a zero issue and cause them to get all seperated and end it with the Robins having to come together to save the rest of them from some villain

#13 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@VampireSelektor: You could have two minis running at once one revolving around Tim and Damian and one about Dick and Jason and they end up having to work their s**t out before they all come together in a third where they all have to work together as a team but the key factor here is that Batman can't be actively involved in any of it, at most they could be trying to save him or something but he has to be out of the picture for most of it to accomplish anything important for the characters.

So kinda like "War of the Robins" without the Bat? Maybe your idea could be what I was hoping the actual comic arc would be :)

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I'd buy it, and I think the series could establish the terms of their relationship within the first few issues. I'd also buy one with Dick and Jason being featured.

With the previews of TT 15 I'm even more distressed about the apparent lack of any vestige of the old relationship that existed between Dick and Tim carrying over into the New 52 (Tim has Babs as his ace in the hole....the one person he would call in this sitch?????? sigh)

#14 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I'd buy it, and I think the series could establish the terms of their relationship within the first few issues. I'd also buy one with Dick and Jason being featured.

With the previews of TT 15 I'm even more distressed about the apparent lack of any vestige of the old relationship that existed between Dick and Tim carrying over into the New 52 (Tim has Babs as his ace in the hole....the one person he would call in this sitch?????? sigh)

Yeah it threw me off too. In general I think the writers can do more to show how close Dick is to each of his brother's, and of course he should have the closest bond with Tim of all people, assuming that they're still going under the mandate that most of the old stuff still happened.

#15 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (13964 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love a Dick/Tim series, Drake doesn't seem to be part of the bat-family events anymore, maybe that will bring him back.

#16 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I'd buy it, and I think the series could establish the terms of their relationship within the first few issues. I'd also buy one with Dick and Jason being featured.

With the previews of TT 15 I'm even more distressed about the apparent lack of any vestige of the old relationship that existed between Dick and Tim carrying over into the New 52 (Tim has Babs as his ace in the hole....the one person he would call in this sitch?????? sigh)

Yeah it threw me off too. In general I think the writers can do more to show how close Dick is to each of his brother's, and of course he should have the closest bond with Tim of all people, assuming that they're still going under the mandate that most of the old stuff still happened.

Yeah...it really hurt me. lol. Nothing against Babs but it just seems like that was a slap in the face to anyone who knew the old relationship between Dick and Tim

#17 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim ALWAYS need to piggyback off of somebody smh

#18 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I'd buy it, and I think the series could establish the terms of their relationship within the first few issues. I'd also buy one with Dick and Jason being featured.

With the previews of TT 15 I'm even more distressed about the apparent lack of any vestige of the old relationship that existed between Dick and Tim carrying over into the New 52 (Tim has Babs as his ace in the hole....the one person he would call in this sitch?????? sigh)

Yeah it threw me off too. In general I think the writers can do more to show how close Dick is to each of his brother's, and of course he should have the closest bond with Tim of all people, assuming that they're still going under the mandate that most of the old stuff still happened.

Yeah...it really hurt me. lol. Nothing against Babs but it just seems like that was a slap in the face to anyone who knew the old relationship between Dick and Tim

Exactly. I have no problem with Barbara Gordon, though I don't read her series and never really have, but that's simply a role Dick should be filling. It'd be like if Damian started going to Jason for advice over Dick. No problem with Jason, and maybe he and Damian can get a stronger bond in the future, but the role of confidant and all around big brother has always been Dick's, especially where Tim is concerned. That's been a running theme in their relationship since Tim first put on his costume.

#19 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I'd buy it, and I think the series could establish the terms of their relationship within the first few issues. I'd also buy one with Dick and Jason being featured.

With the previews of TT 15 I'm even more distressed about the apparent lack of any vestige of the old relationship that existed between Dick and Tim carrying over into the New 52 (Tim has Babs as his ace in the hole....the one person he would call in this sitch?????? sigh)

Yeah it threw me off too. In general I think the writers can do more to show how close Dick is to each of his brother's, and of course he should have the closest bond with Tim of all people, assuming that they're still going under the mandate that most of the old stuff still happened.

Yeah...it really hurt me. lol. Nothing against Babs but it just seems like that was a slap in the face to anyone who knew the old relationship between Dick and Tim

Exactly. I have no problem with Barbara Gordon, though I don't read her series and never really have, but that's simply a role Dick should be filling. It'd be like if Damian started going to Jason for advice over Dick. No problem with Jason, and maybe he and Damian can get a stronger bond in the future, but the role of confidant and all around big brother has always been Dick's, especially where Tim is concerned. That's been a running theme in their relationship since Tim first put on his costume.

Hum...guys, if we consider the efforts of Tim to hide his identity from the Titans it makes sense having Barbara's number there, instead of Dick's. Cause if anything went wrong and they found out her identity, it wouldn't compromisse his... plus, they've always been close anyway.

#20 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds... Flipping fantastic.

#21 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

I'd buy it, and I think the series could establish the terms of their relationship within the first few issues. I'd also buy one with Dick and Jason being featured.

With the previews of TT 15 I'm even more distressed about the apparent lack of any vestige of the old relationship that existed between Dick and Tim carrying over into the New 52 (Tim has Babs as his ace in the hole....the one person he would call in this sitch?????? sigh)

Yeah it threw me off too. In general I think the writers can do more to show how close Dick is to each of his brother's, and of course he should have the closest bond with Tim of all people, assuming that they're still going under the mandate that most of the old stuff still happened.

Yeah...it really hurt me. lol. Nothing against Babs but it just seems like that was a slap in the face to anyone who knew the old relationship between Dick and Tim

Exactly. I have no problem with Barbara Gordon, though I don't read her series and never really have, but that's simply a role Dick should be filling. It'd be like if Damian started going to Jason for advice over Dick. No problem with Jason, and maybe he and Damian can get a stronger bond in the future, but the role of confidant and all around big brother has always been Dick's, especially where Tim is concerned. That's been a running theme in their relationship since Tim first put on his costume.

Exactly.

#22 Posted by vernierhawk001 (517 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

With the previews of TT 15 I'm even

I'd buy it, and I think the series could establish the terms of their relationship within the first few issues. I'd also buy one with Dick and Jason being featured.

more distressed about the apparent lack of any vestige of the old relationship that existed between Dick and Tim carrying over into the New 52 (Tim has Babs as his ace in the hole....the one person he would call in this sitch?????? sigh)

Yeah it threw me off too. In general I think the writers can do more to show how close Dick is to each of his brother's, and of course he should have the closest bond with Tim of all people, assuming that they're still going under the mandate that most of the old stuff still happened.

Yeah...it really hurt me. lol. Nothing against Babs but it just seems like that was a slap in the face to anyone who knew the old relationship between Dick and Tim

Exactly. I have no problem with Barbara Gordon, though I don't read her series and never really have, but that's simply a role Dick should be filling. It'd be like if Damian started going to Jason for advice over Dick. No problem with Jason, and maybe he and Damian can get a stronger bond in the future, but the role of confidant and all around big brother has always been Dick's, especially where Tim is concerned. That's been a running theme in their relationship since Tim first put on his costume.

Hum...guys, if we consider the efforts of Tim to hide his identity from the Titans it makes sense having Barbara's number there, instead of Dick's. Cause if anything went wrong and they found out her identity, it wouldn't compromisse his... plus, they've always been close anyway.

Ok....I think I can understand the identity issue.....but why would they find her identity before his? And, while they might be close, you can't deny that Tim has always been Dick's little brother first and foremost

#23 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

: In case sth happened/went wrong and they find out who she is. I mean...if I were one of them and had the time, I'd try to find out who's Batgirl to get to Red Robin's identity. It'd be a matter of checking who's Barbara Gordon close with. But the research would get anywhere, as there's apparently no connection between Babs and Tim's civil IDs. However, if they found out Nightwing is Dick Grayson...based on the obvious bond they have with each other with and without the mask...

True and I wish we could see more of their relationship.

#24 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Dick and Tim get along together fine, but they are too much alike to generate enough chemistry for an entire series. If you want to see Tim highlighted, just give him his own title. Personally, I can't stand DCNU Tim Drake because he is like an evil version of pre-DCNU Drake. I hate him with the fiery passion of a milion billion suns.

#25 Posted by richardjohngrayson (393 posts) - - Show Bio
@BatWatch said:

Nah. Dick and Tim get along together fine, but they are too much alike to generate enough chemistry for an entire series. If you want to see Tim highlighted, just give him his own title. Personally, I can't stand DCNU Tim Drake because he is like an evil version of pre-DCNU Drake. I hate him with the fiery passion of a milion billion suns.

100% agree, bud. Nice site by the way.
#26 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson said:

@BatWatch said:

Nah. Dick and Tim get along together fine, but they are too much alike to generate enough chemistry for an entire series. If you want to see Tim highlighted, just give him his own title. Personally, I can't stand DCNU Tim Drake because he is like an evil version of pre-DCNU Drake. I hate him with the fiery passion of a milion billion suns.

100% agree, bud. Nice site by the way.

Yeah, I despise what Lobdell has done to Tim. I actually like his work on Red Hood, and sadly, that is the book he is leaving though rumors say he might be off of Teen Titans as well, so...

I just want them to reboot the reboot.

#27 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch said:

Nah. Dick and Tim get along together fine, but they are too much alike to generate enough chemistry for an entire series. If you want to see Tim highlighted, just give him his own title. Personally, I can't stand DCNU Tim Drake because he is like an evil version of pre-DCNU Drake. I hate him with the fiery passion of a milion billion suns.

I agree I suppose, though I don't want DCNU Tim to get his own title. Bad enough we lost the Teen Titans to him.

#28 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Though I do not want to see a book focused just on Tim and Dick, I would love to see a title, perhaps a revival of an old favorite, Gotham Knights, focused on the interpersonal interactions between the Bat Family.

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Nah. Dick and Tim get along together fine, but they are too much alike to generate enough chemistry for an entire series. If you want to see Tim highlighted, just give him his own title. Personally, I can't stand DCNU Tim Drake because he is like an evil version of pre-DCNU Drake. I hate him with the fiery passion of a milion billion suns.

I agree I suppose, though I don't want DCNU Tim to get his own title. Bad enough we lost the Teen Titans to him.

I would love to have Tim lead the Teen Titans if it were the real Tim and not this monstrosity. As long as Tim has his current origin, I don't think I will ever enjoy him.

#29 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Nah. Dick and Tim get along together fine, but they are too much alike to generate enough chemistry for an entire series. If you want to see Tim highlighted, just give him his own title. Personally, I can't stand DCNU Tim Drake because he is like an evil version of pre-DCNU Drake. I hate him with the fiery passion of a milion billion suns.

I agree I suppose, though I don't want DCNU Tim to get his own title. Bad enough we lost the Teen Titans to him.

I would love to have Tim lead the Teen Titans if it were the real Tim and not this monstrosity. As long as Tim has his current origin, I don't think I will ever enjoy him.

Pretty much. I never had any problem reading about Pre-Flashpoint Tim, though even then I would never have accepted DC retconning it so that he founded the Teen Titans.

#30 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Nah. Dick and Tim get along together fine, but they are too much alike to generate enough chemistry for an entire series. If you want to see Tim highlighted, just give him his own title. Personally, I can't stand DCNU Tim Drake because he is like an evil version of pre-DCNU Drake. I hate him with the fiery passion of a milion billion suns.

I agree I suppose, though I don't want DCNU Tim to get his own title. Bad enough we lost the Teen Titans to him.

I would love to have Tim lead the Teen Titans if it were the real Tim and not this monstrosity. As long as Tim has his current origin, I don't think I will ever enjoy him.

Pretty much. I never had any problem reading about Pre-Flashpoint Tim, though even then I would never have accepted DC retconning it so that he founded the Teen Titans.

I could have swallowed that better than most of the other stuff they have done. I'm just anti-reboot in general. The universe defintely could have used a relaunch like Marvel is doing, and it could have used a soft reboot trimming up the edges kind of like Zero Hour, but so many of the changes they made just hurt the universe. The legacy of the Teen Titans added great depth to the universe.

#31 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatWatch said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@BatWatch said:

Nah. Dick and Tim get along together fine, but they are too much alike to generate enough chemistry for an entire series. If you want to see Tim highlighted, just give him his own title. Personally, I can't stand DCNU Tim Drake because he is like an evil version of pre-DCNU Drake. I hate him with the fiery passion of a milion billion suns.

I agree I suppose, though I don't want DCNU Tim to get his own title. Bad enough we lost the Teen Titans to him.

I would love to have Tim lead the Teen Titans if it were the real Tim and not this monstrosity. As long as Tim has his current origin, I don't think I will ever enjoy him.

Pretty much. I never had any problem reading about Pre-Flashpoint Tim, though even then I would never have accepted DC retconning it so that he founded the Teen Titans.

I could have swallowed that better than most of the other stuff they have done. I'm just anti-reboot in general. The universe defintely could have used a relaunch like Marvel is doing, and it could have used a soft reboot trimming up the edges kind of like Zero Hour, but so many of the changes they made just hurt the universe. The legacy of the Teen Titans added great depth to the universe.

Of course. The problem I have with it being taken away from Dick is because it takes away from his universe, and to add insult to injury DC hasn't even bothered to fill the hole left behind, except to say that Dick's worked with Roy and Kori in the past.

#32 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher:

Yeah, as if saying they worked together is at all similar to the family relationship they shared in the Teen Titans.

Speaking of Nightwing, I'm getting tired of him struggling through every fight in his own series. Very annoying.

#33 Posted by TDK_1997 (13740 posts) - - Show Bio

But for that to happen one of the Bat books has to go down.

#34 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

But for that to happen one of the Bat books has to go down.

Why do you say that? This book could take it from another section of books.

#35 Posted by RedHood22 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I do miss the closeness that Dick and Tim had before the new 52. But, the idea of showcasing a growing relationship between some of the other "sons" in its own book would be outstanding.

#36 Posted by darkwingdan (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Only if the replace one of the other Bat books with it

Please let it be Catwoman or Batwing...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.