blue or red Nightwing

• 104 results
#51 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue. Definitely blue.

#52 Posted by Watchmen95 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the blue but the red is still cool.

#53 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

I slightly prefer the blue over the red. Though it seems like they were trying to go for some consistency, with all the Bat-lieutenants being red, with the exception of Batgirl.

#54 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Was not the whole point of choosing blue that the color was "robin's egg blue" therefore giving it a symbolic meaning and still linking him to his past? Now he is just like Renegade

#55 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Red costume:
- Pro: similar to batman beyond costume
- Con: basically a modified version of the nipples movie costume

But I think we all know what the best is, blue and GOLD:

At the very least, bring back the hair.

I thought I was the only one who liked the original costumes better.

#56 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue, it just suits him more.

#57 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Red all the way!

#58 Edited by Dhor (282 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the red costume overall better, becouse the blue suit was kinnda bulky and i hated that that. This seems a better suited for an acrobat. It would have been great to see the curent costume only with blue

#59 Posted by Squalleon (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

I Actually grow to like the red suit i think it shows the change in his personality!

#60 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

When I see him in the new costume it makes me think of Snake.

Anyone else think NW should take on a more spec ops approach to crimefighting? I'm actually very upset he's not in the new JLA but Catwoman is.. smh

#61 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

When I see him in the new costume it makes me think of Snake.

Anyone else think NW should take on a more spec ops approach to crimefighting? I'm actually very upset he's not in the new JLA but Catwoman is.. smh

I think a spec ops approach would be interesting. It would make the Nightwing persona seem more grown-up to me. Currently, I tend to think of Nightwing as Dick's sophomore/teenage persona. Like its just a placeholder until he become the Bat. I can't see him becoming older and fighting in the Nightwing suit as it is now. A spec op look could change all of that, though

#62 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

blue

#63 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: You really feel like Nightwing is just a phase? O.O

You must be one of those no nonsense, 'He grows up to be the bat' types. I'll admit, it was kickass to see him taking on cases as Batman opposite Bruce. I'll settle for whatever Grayson they'll offer to sell me to be real.

#64 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue, the red is fine but the problem I have with the red is that the other former Robins have it incorporated into their uniforms also, the blue makes Nightwing stand out.

#65 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@vernierhawk001: You really feel like Nightwing is just a phase? O.O

You must be one of those no nonsense, 'He grows up to be the bat' types. I'll admit, it was kickass to see him taking on cases as Batman opposite Bruce. I'll settle for whatever Grayson they'll offer to sell me to be real.

I think I didn't communicate well (though I do fully expect to see him take on the cowl someday). What I meant to say was that the whole Nightwing persona screams "teenager/young adult" to me. I'm not saying that he couldn't grow up into something other than the Bat but....idk....i think it'd be awkward to see him in the same unitard when he's a 40 yr old guy. Nightwing as a character can stay but I think the suit would def have to change. Right now its all about athleticism, grace, manueverability...aspects that make grayson a great hero. But I don't see a 40 yr old pulling off the same moves that he is now. At some point he's going to become "heavier", still agile but more ground based. A spec op change to the Nightwing suit could make me think "oh ok....I can see him hanging in there as Nightwing for the long haul"

I still don't think i'm doing a good job describing what I'm thinking. lol

#66 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Bluuuueeee!!!

#67 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I fell in love the character when he was being drawn by Scott McDaniel, so I'm a fan of the blue.

Having said that, the red is a nice change for the time, since it brings him in closer unison with the other "Robins" who all have red in their uniforms. I could do without the red lenses, but other than that, it's not a bad look.

#68 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1639 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Dick wearing the exact same color as all the others. I don't really feel its necessary, and it kind of tones down his unuiqueness.

Given the fact that the new JL team seems like its going to be involved with the government I don't mind Dick not being a part of it. IDK i'm always a littler weary of the government having too much involvement in these teams. I do want to see him on a team eventually, specifically a JL team, but this one just doesn't feel right.

You're saying that its not the identity that's wrong its the costume. That the identity can always last, but it simply wouldn't work for an older man. The costume works for a man in his 20s, but not a man in his late 30s-40s. That acrobat figure will fade eventually.

#69 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nathaniel_Christopher: I'm glad you could sort through all the muddle. Lol. Seems about right

#70 Posted by NuclearLife (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to go with the blue, mainly nostalgia, but it just looks better to me.

#71 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue. The red one looks exactly like the one used in the movie batman and robin.

#72 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Doesn't matter to me either color would be fine.
#73 Posted by TheDarkestNight (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue, Red's cool and all but Blue just sees much more fitting.

#74 Posted by SickBoy2212 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skewer: oh great, now i can't unsee it, just today i went and bought my first nightwing comics, now all i see is stupid movie Robin! thanks man!

#75 Posted by redkevlar (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: I wouldn't say updated, because the BB sit has lots of more tech than Nightwing's.

#76 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

blue. he looks cool with the blue costume than red. too evil like he's being mind control.

#77 Posted by tomlikesfries (4661 posts) - - Show Bio

The blue costume is better. When I first read Nightwing #1 (new 52 series) I loved the red costume, but after a while, I started to miss the blue one.

#78 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

the red costume look way better, the blue one look cheap

#79 Posted by NWfanboy77 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue all day, I love Nightwing. But I dont like his new look nearly as much as his old.

#80 Edited by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

blue i feel blends in with the night and the black but red would work just not the hue they are using

Maybe change it to darker red or burgundy. It just contrast way too much.

#81 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue all the way but i dont hate the red

#82 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

The Blue is better. In my opinions, the red is still awesome. What about the red one he wore when he was renegade?

#83 Posted by Speedforce23 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I like blue it fits with his outfit.

#84 Posted by JasonTodd13 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue, had enough of red in the bat family.

#85 Posted by darkwingdan (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the blue is just synonymous with Nightwing. I like the red, but the blue just seems right.

#86 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

In his old costume I saw him as his own hero and a member of the Bat family but now he's just one of the bat brood and not really anything more. Anybody else feel that way?

#87 Posted by Speedforce23 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

BLUE IS EPIC ON HIM.

#88 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1639 posts) - - Show Bio

Red's good, Blue's better, especially because that way we don't have every freaking Batson wearing the same color.

#89 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Red is Tim and Jason's color, Dick wearing blue just sets him apart from them a little more.

#90 Posted by smiling4ever (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both..but I prefer the blue.

#91 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Blue, but now I got used to Red. So, honestly, I don't care, as long as Dick runs wild under the Nightwing mantle.

#92 Posted by Xwraith (18094 posts) - - Show Bio

I simply can't picture Nightwing in anything but the Blue.

#93 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

I like red heheheh

#94 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue is classic, but I'm okay with the red.

#95 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like the blue one better, but the red one is not bad by any means

#96 Posted by PhantomArtist (14 posts) - - Show Bio

personally i hate the color blue, but i always loved blue on night wing because its a more happy color and so it fits his personality better and makes him stand out from all the other robins and now he is red like the others but even though i thought i wouldn't get used to it, it grown on me and now i welcome the red (just glad they didn't go back to yellow lol) but it would have been nice if they did'nt go for an obvious color it seems the bat family is black and red, maybe it would have looked good green or another color

#97 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely blue

#98 Edited by richardjohngrayson (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue or red isn't our problem anymore guys. We may all have different favorite costumes he has worn BUT, I think we can all agree that Dick Grayson should have black hair. If this Forever Evil story plays out the way it is rumored we may be stuck with him running around with blonde hair. Ugh....DC loves screwing over Dick Grayson and his fans. The only fans who get it worse then us Grayson fans is the poor Spider-Man fans. :(

#99 Posted by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue or red isn't our problem anymore guys. We may all have different favorite costumes he has worn BUT, I think we can all agree that Dick Grayson should have black hair. If this Forever Evil story plays out the way it is rumored we may be stuck with him running around with blonde hair. Ugh....DC loves screwing over Dick Grayson and his fans. The only fans who get it worse then us Grayson fans is the poor Spider-Man fans. :(

And the Tim Drake Fans.

#100 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Both look good on him. But the blue striped costume looks more original.

@thegreatfour said:

Mix them together, and make a purple Nightwing.

That'd look pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.