blue or red Nightwing

• 104 results
Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue

red 
red 
Nightwing red
#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92080 posts) - - Show Bio

The red looks much more menacing. I'd wanna read the issue and see it in the context of the story before giving my opinion, though.

#2 Posted by RazzaTazz (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with blue until proven otherwise.  Unlike what we see here there will only rarely be a red background to blend into.  

#3 Posted by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote blue for now. I think it fits his cool attitude. 

#4 Edited by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman!

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I say blue. Red makes him look meaner. 

#6 Posted by The Poet (8193 posts) - - Show Bio

The blue is much more easier on the eyes (no, I'm not saying Dick is easy on the eyes, as I'm a guy) and less vibrant agianst the red outfit.

I do agree with huntress in waiting till the story to give context to decide completely

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I guess in red he loses his stealth advantage.

#8 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't matter to me either color would be fine.

#9 Posted by MydLyfeCrysis (106 posts) - - Show Bio

I generally like the blue outfit. The red seems too forced in order to make Nightwing "more bad ass, yeah, awesome!" Because everyone knows red is far more aggressive and the color of blood. Yeah! 

With DC seemingly trying to young-ify, and up the 'bad ass' on the Universe with this revamp, I am wary of any changes similar (Harley Quinn) to this palette change. It almost feels like DC is attempting to appeal to a lower common denominator at some points.  

With that said, I actually like the red. Red and black is a tried and true color scheme, and the red eyes look groovy and intimidating. But it needs to work in the breadth of the entire book for me to accept it. How does that happen? Haven't a clue. At this point, I like it, but it doesn't feel right, if that makes any sense. So, hopefully, in the scope of the first few issues of "Nightwing" DC can make placate my neurosis and give me that 'all clear' feeling with the character.

#10 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the red, but I just want to point out that the anatomy on the new cover is really poorly done. I'm not an artist, but his legs are drawn very strangely -- they remind me of frog legs -- and the way that his neck is outstretched like that is unnatural. A really bad cover if you ask me. And I'm not a huge fan of the red skies that seem to be a feature of the Bat-covers. Gotham is best as a dark, rainy, dreary city.

#11 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue when I first saw this image I thought the Red Robin, blue suites him way better.

#12 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the new Nightwing costume is the best thing about the relaunch

Kyle Higgins said in an interview that Dick is his favorite comic book character and that Chuck Dixon's run on Nightwing was what got him reading monthly comics and that....well I'll just quote it out

He's my all-time favorite character. I'm not saying that as lip service. Literally, he was my way into DC comics when I was younger and in grade school. I remember stumbling across issue #15 or #16 of the Chuck Dixon/Scott McDaniel book where it's Nightwing on the cover fighting Man-Bat and his clothes are shredded. From there, I went back and started finding the earlier issues. It's really the first book I started collecting every month. From that point on, I read every issue that was ever published. So Nightwing is what kept me in comics and reading comics.

We're really hitting the ground running, and we're starting with Dick Grayson as Nightwing. We're stating that he's the best he's ever been, simply because he was just Batman, but it's really a new start for the character.

That's a big part of what we're doing in the series. I don't think you could do a Nightwing book at this point without dealing with the fact that he was just Batman. I'm not sure I should say much more than that, except that one of the reasons he's Nightwing now is because of him just being Batman. You'll have to keep reading to find that out.

But in terms of his skills and confidence level, Nightwing has an even greater experience behind him now. So in our comic, he's become the best version of Nightwing that he's ever been. It's what has made him better.

#13 Posted by The_Tree (6403 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: That quote just sold me on the title.

I like blue, I don't want just about every member of the Bat-Family wearing red, Tim, Jason, Damian, and now Dick.
I feel it suits Dick better too, red makes him look very angry.
#14 Edited by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

Red costume: 
 - Pro: similar to batman beyond costume 
 - Con: basically a modified version of the nipples movie costume 

But I think we all know what the best is, blue and GOLD: 

At the very least, bring back the hair. 
#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the Blue but I'm thinking this is something to do with having the former Robins all in red.

#16 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: that mask is my favorite...it just seems more likely that someone wouldn't recognize him since it covers more of his face
#17 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Red. 

#18 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue.

#19 Posted by War Killer (19482 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally like the blue more, but the red still looks epic.

#20 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the red. 

No fingerstripes... 

u mad nightwing fans????

#21 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the blue better. Maybe because it is classic

#22 Edited by Grim (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the blue. When they have the full range of Batfamily standing together on a cover or something, it looked better. Its obvious they are trying to inject all the former Robins into a red costume, but why? DIck has been his own man since his and Bruce's falling out, and i think his blue shows that. Red makes it seem like he's still trying to fit in...
 plus, if he wanted red, he would be Flamebird.

#23 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the blue because it matches his eyes.  

Yes, I said it. 

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue, purely because I prefer it as a colour. 

@ragdollpurps said:

I like the blue because it matches his eyes.       Yes, I said it. 

Pffft, as if you look at his eyes.
#25 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ragdollpurps said:
As if you don't o__O
#26 Posted by ragdollpurps (15570 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Lmao. You know me too well. 
#27 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps: Yep, I know all :P 

@rogue_mar1e said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ragdollpurps said:
As if you don't o__O

I wasn't aware his eyes were relocated to his posterior. I've seen your tumblr posts -___- =P
#28 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19831 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@ragdollpurps: Yep, I know all :P 

@rogue_mar1e said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ragdollpurps said:
As if you don't o__O
I wasn't aware his eyes were relocated to his posterior. I've seen your tumblr posts -___- =P
Eheh good point xP
#29 Posted by guardiandevil801 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Red.

#30 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

red it looks better for the street
#31 Posted by Billy Batson (56876 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to decide. Both? 

BB

#32 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Blue.
#33 Posted by nursury0 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue
The red lens looked strange

#34 Posted by -Eclipse- (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Edited by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio

Mix them together, and make a purple Nightwing.

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11715 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefered the blue but the red looks good
#37 Posted by War Killer (19482 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks Dick's new costume looks like an updated version of the Batman Beyond costume? O_o

#38 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7496 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm to used to the Blue

#39 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer

omg your right

#40 Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: I just noticed that too 
#41 Posted by Technoman (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Red.

#42 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue.

#43 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue. The red reminds me of that nipple suit from batman & robin.

#44 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue.

#45 Posted by tobiasPUNK (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the red better, it seems a bit more of a homage to his past. Plus I think every hero needs a revamp in style every now and then. Doesn't mean he can't go back to blue later on or perhaps a new colour.

#46 Posted by tobiasPUNK (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: but joel schumacher also made a blue nightwing looking nipples version in the batman & robin movie. (And we all hate what shcumacher did to batman)

#47 Posted by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the blue... too much red in the Batfamily, lol. Plus the red (essp with the red lenses) makes him look so intimidating and mean... and Dick isn't a mean guy.

#48 Posted by vernierhawk001 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both, thus, I'm fine with the red. I thought the change in color had a reason behind it, though. Like, his tenure as Batman turned him into a somewhat darker character and he changed his suit a bit to reflect that. That would have made it better for me

#49 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue, the red reminds me of the costume that Chris odonell wore in the movie batman and robin.

#50 Posted by DurararaFTW (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue, all the other Robins are already wearing red.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.