Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Best Dick Grayson Story?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

What has been the best Dick Grayson story? Doesn't matter what his superhero identity at the time is, I'm wondering what has been the story with Dick Grayson being the main character or characters if one of his best stories involve him teaming up with somebody.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really liked The Black Mirror.

I would say the Dixon run on Nightwing, but I'm not sure that'd qualify as one story.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF

Battle for the Cowl Is actually one of my favorite Nightwing Stories

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

All the stuff with Dickbats and Damian is fantastic.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By saoakden

I'll allow runs with the character. I'll look into Dixon's run on Nightwing.

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The Black Mirror is the best dick grayson batman comic and the great leap is the best night wing

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to pick just one story it's probably Nightwing: Year One. However, as has been pointed out Dixon's run on the character is incredibly good. And I find pretty much all of Dick's Batman adventures with Damian in Batman and Robin to be excellent. In terms of just one adventure that Dick went through as Batman I liked Long Shadows.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Squalleon

Dixon's run on Nightwing is probably the essential Dick Grayson story.
    You could start on Year One.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By batmannflash

Black Mirror, Batman vs Robin, Battle for the Cowl, and I actually liked Traps & Trapezes

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite story is still "The Boys" which was issue #25 from Dixon's run. Nothing major happens and it's just a filler issue. The reason why it remains as my favorite Nightwing story is that it shows the brotherly relationship between Tim and Dick. They talk about casual stuff while running on top of trains while blind-folded. It's fun stuff and I would definitely recommend that you check it out.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black mirror ftw!!!!!

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Black Mirror. They explored Dick in a way that they will likely never will again. Since Bruce wasn't a proponent in this story, it let Dick be on his own and really explore Gotham without his mentor's annoying shadow constantly looming over him. James Jr. was Dick's perfect antithesis and could have very well been the Joker to Dick's Batman but, the New 52 repurposed him into a Barbara Gordon villain... blegh, too obvious. Since we will likely never see them clash again, I highly recommend picking the trade up, it's Dick Grayson at his best. Kyle Higgins' current run in Chicago is also kicking some major butt so that is worth a look too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.