Battle of the Week voting and such

#1 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, Dick fans. Looks like the first Battle of the Week on this website is featuring Daredevil vs. Nightwing. Here's the information thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/comic-vine-battle-of-the-week-daredevil-vs-nightwi/1100-146587/

Here's the voting thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/comic-vine-battle-of-the-week-daredevil-vs-nightwi-1462499/

Here's your chance to show off your Dick knowledge to people outside of the confines of his character forum. Right now, he's getting his butt beat pretty bad in the poll, but don't let that deter you guys and girls from standing up for him. Post scans, use logic, and debate with passion in an effort to show that Dick is capable of beating one of Marvel's toughest street-levelers!

#3 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for the obvious choice, with total bias

#4 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: The first instinct is usually the correct one. As a Nightwing fan, you know this in your heart.

#5 Posted by Trodorne (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

I already voted. and I think we all know who the winner should be..

#6 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

GO NIGHTWING!

#7 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

DD doesn't stand a chance so why are people voting for him!

#9 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for the obvious choice, with total bias

Ha ha, same here

#10 Posted by Nightwing4 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

DD has won this in every thread I've seen on CV and elsewhere. Still going with the Gray Son.

#11 Edited by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent job, Team Dick! In our surge of voting, we made a 1% difference with the poll!

#12 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

Already did...we too far behind :(

#13 Posted by Z3RO180 (6424 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on people nightwing only have some of the vote. VOTE FOR GLORY VOTE FOR DICK.....GRAYSON

#14 Posted by Squalleon (4490 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

Just voted, Dick's behind by about 11%. I think many may choose Daredevil due to his enhanced senses.

#16 Edited by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick is now only 10% behind Daredevil. Keep the good fight going! We have until Friday!

#17 Posted by richardjohngrayson (421 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for DG all the way!

#18 Posted by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2853 posts) - - Show Bio

DD will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm going to play devil's advocate here but why does DG win? If it were popularity, I'd definitrly be all in for Nightwing (and I'm a HUGE grayson fan). If this were Dick pre-reboot I'd be more confident blindly saying "Nightwing FTW". I don't doubt his athleticism matches or surpasses DD. I don't doubt that he is better equipped. But I'm no sure about other advantages. Honestly, I haven't see Grayson do anything in the reboot (in terms o combat) that has really wowed me (unless we talk about DG vs street thugs). He was trained by Batman but I don't see that meaning much right now. And I would give him the "reacts on the fly and makes excellent choices" advantage but does this even apply to the N52 version? The only thing I see that really makes me confident that DG could pull this off easily is his "new" ability to read body movement. I think that could really give him an edge.

Thus, .....I am leaving it up to you guys to convince me! Remember, I am already biased toward Dick but just need some concrete answers

#21 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001:

Just read all my posts in the voting thread. They're really easy to find since they're uber long :D

#22 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@alak said:

@vernierhawk001:

Just read all my posts in the voting thread. They're really easy to find since they're uber long :D

For the record, you've done an admirable job of debating. If NW were to squeak out a win you deserve a ton of credit. To deny you a follow would be criminal my good man. Nightwing_Beyond was on point too.

@ritchieb said:

@smoothjammin:

ah man. I dont get an invite. so alone :(

Aww poop.

I guess I didn't know there were any awesome Nightwing fans left in the world left to meet. :)

#23 Posted by The Stegman (23746 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic tells me to vote for one of them, but bias and favoritism told me to vote for the other...bias won, go Nightwing!

#24 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothjammin:

Thanks! I do my best to keep people informed, since most of them still think of Nightwing as Robin 2.0 (or Bat-lite).

#25 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Daredevil officially won, but good job to everyone who posted and voted. Not only did you guys show faith, but you displayed some pretty good knowledge for those who aren't familiar with Dick. *high fives for everybody*

#26 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing gave a good account of himself too and probably made some new fans. I can't complain, dude went down swinging. Couldn't ask for anything less from our underdog!

#27 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Nightwing. Way to many ppl under rate him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.