Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9470 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Batman in Nightwing?!?

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By batshrine

Hey just want to know if you guys think Batman has shown up in the Nightwing comics? OR if you think he will and how he will first show up? Do you think it will be a cameo, flashback, him fighting with Nightwing, support, etc?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

He hasn't shown up yet in any of the 6 chapters released but being that the batfamily seems a lot closer than it has been in the past, he'll probably show up eventually.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SmoothJammin

My guess is we might see a guest appearance during the Night of Owls crossover

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

Thought about this over the past 9 hours, lol, and I would love/really hope to see a batman/nightwing team up in the nightwing book. I would love for a flash back as his days as Robin. A cameo appearance would make very excited. If Bruce appeared in a story arc in which he didn't agree with Dick's methods, or something, and they ended up getting into a little scuffle fight, it would be pretty cool also.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmoothJammin

@ArturoCalaKayVee: One thing I don't get is that over in the Red Hood book, Starfire is shown offering Jason Dick's old garments to wear in issue 6. Among his old Nightwing costumes and reboot apparel, you see one with a red bat emblem that Jason eventually chooses to wear. Was this Dick's batsuit?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

Its worth a mention that while he hasn't appeared in the Nightwing title, the opposite has happened, so there has been some Nightwing-Batman interaction Post-Flashpoint.

@SmoothJammin said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: One thing I don't get is that over in the Red Hood book, Starfire is shown offering Jason Dick's old garments to wear in issue 6. Among his old Nightwing costumes and reboot apparel, you see one with a red bat emblem that Jason eventually chooses to wear. Was this Dick's batsuit?

Its implied it was his, doesn't necessarily have to be his Batsuit, but its certainly possible. The book introduced a few retcons, if you notice, Dick is wearing the red costume during the events of Under the Hood.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RoboShark

I'd say it's only a matter of time, specially since Alfred appeared in #6.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

@ReVamp said:

Its worth a mention that while he hasn't appeared in the Nightwing title, the opposite has happened, so there has been some Nightwing-Batman interaction Post-Flashpoint.

@SmoothJammin said:

Its implied it was his, doesn't necessarily have to be his Batsuit, but its certainly possible. The book introduced a few retcons, if you notice, Dick is wearing the red costume during the events of Under the Hood.

It could have been a prototype batsuit. I doubt the retcon would completely reimage Dick's batsuit because it would cause a major distinction between Bruce's batsuit and Dick's, which wasn't the point.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp said:

@SmoothJammin said:

It could have been a prototype batsuit. I doubt the retcon would completely reimage Dick's batsuit because it would cause a major distinction between Bruce's batsuit and Dick's, which wasn't the point.

Firstly, it doesn't really matter what the point was, since the world's been rebooted. Secondly, it needs to be Dick's, otherwise Starfire wouldn't have it.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmoothJammin

Why red though? What is it with that color scheme and all of the Robins? He looked fine in blue. I wonder what must've happened to have changed his mind

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp

@SmoothJammin said:

Why red though? What is it with that color scheme and all of the Robins? He looked fine in blue. I wonder what must've happened to have changed his mind

I don't know, I'm guessing they're trying to revamp him in some way, making his outfit more unique/aggressive or something of the like.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I hope we get to see him in the Nightwing comics. I hope it is not a Flashback ,but maybe just a friendly visit.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I hope we get to see him in the Nightwing comics. I hope it is not a Flashback ,but maybe just a friendly visit.

That'd be awesome, I love Bruce-Dick awkward moments. I'm just not sure I want it handled by Higgins :/

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmoothJammin

I know Snyder has hinted that there might be some tension between them in the future, and that if Bruce ever went off the deep end it would fall to Dick to stop him. Not Superman. Not Tim. Nightwing. Interesting because Higgins has also mentioned that as Dick returns to gotham, he will use different methods than Bruce and doesn't care if he agrees with them or not. He wants to transform him into a hero of the people. Higgins says he aims at turning Nightwing into the "Prince of Gotham".

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@SmoothJammin said:

I know Snyder has hinted that there might be some tension between them in the future, and that if Bruce ever went off the deep end it would fall to Dick to stop him. Not Superman. Not Tim. Nightwing. Interesting because Higgins has also mentioned that as Dick returns to gotham, he will use different methods than Bruce and doesn't care if he agrees with them or not. He wants to transform him into a hero of the people. Higgins says he aims at turning Nightwing into the "Prince of Gotham".

He did? Wow, that's pretty awesome. I mean, I'll have to wait to see, its not like I want him to be a celebrity or anything... lol.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmoothJammin said:

I really need to catch up on my reading, but that sounds like a wonderful idea. Dick started coming into his own way back when he joined the Titans and he fully broke away and stood on his own when he became Nightwing. As Batman he's proved he's the only man who can ever take over for Bruce and his one true heir. I love that the writers are keeping all of that in mind with the New 52 and I believe that he and Bruce clashing is inevitable and needed for both. What son doesn't argue with his father over the right way to do things?

"Prince of Gotham" huh? Not bad. Not bad at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.