Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Batman and Robin Eternal will change Dick Grayson's origin

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

So, the Batman and Robin Eternal 8-page original preview story, is on sale today, i've already readed it, and i saw some very interesting things, specially regarding Dick Grayson's origin, which apparently will be rebooted:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Folly

I wonder if it has something to do with the Court of Owls. It would explain why it plays a role in the Robin War Tie In. Perhaps his parents were more involved than we think or Bruce already knew about his heritage back then? Like, the Robins are Batman's Talons?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Oh hell no

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"SIGH"

JazzLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not looking forward to this. I want Dick to leave Gotham but it's looks like they are trying to tie him to the city even more which always sucks for Dick as character.
    Seriously if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@folly said:

I wonder if it has something to do with the Court of Owls. It would explain why it plays a role in the Robin War Tie In. Perhaps his parents were more involved than we think or Bruce already knew about his heritage back then? Like, the Robins are Batman's Talons?

Hum...idk, but i don't think so...the woman in the preview is called "The Mother" she's a new character and she will be the main-villain for on this series, she could have some connections to the court of the owls but that seems unlikely to me, she seems to be more the solo-type to me, according to what James Tynion has teased about her so far, my personal guess is that she will be like a mix of Lady Shiva and Pinguim.

But its really anyones guess, she could be the mother of Cass and Dick or just one of them, or both, or could have kidnapped them to their families, killed the parents and replaced them, or something-else.

She's also one of the reasons why i'm hyped for this, because it seems like when it comes to the Batman-universe-villains, only the Joker gets pushed, over and over again and again...i want someone else besides him that can really make the bat-family "work for it" and if she's the mother of one of them, then...well, we'l discuss that later :p

P.S: i'm already over the fact that the current-timeline sucks and that it will continue to suck, and that Cass (my all time fav character) will be probably rebooted, i just want good characterization and story-telling at this point.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@folly said:

Hum...idk, but i don't think so...the woman in the preview is called "The Mother" she's a new character and she will be the main-villain for on this series, she could have some connections to the court of the owls but that seems unlikely to me, she seems to be more the solo-type to me, according to what James Tynion has teased about her so far, my personal guess is that she will be like a mix of Lady Shiva and Pinguim.

But its really anyones guess, she could be the mother of Cass and Dick or just one of them, or both, or could have kidnapped them to their families, killed the parents and replaced them, or something-else.

She's also one of the reasons why i'm hyped for this, because it seems like when it comes to the Batman-universe-villains, only the Joker gets pushed, over and over again and again...i want someone else besides him that can really make the bat-family "work for it" and if she's the mother of one of them, then...well, we'l discuss that later :p

P.S: i'm already over the fact that the current-timeline sucks and that it will continue to suck, and that Cass (my all time fav character) will be probably rebooted, i just want good characterization and story-telling at this point.

Oh I completely forgot that the main villain was already mentioned! Thanks! :)

Your idea certainly sounds interesting and it would really help establishing a new regular enemy.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liked both of these panels from Batman and Robin Eternal. The first takes place during the flashback segment, to when Dick was still Robin. He's dosed with Fear Gas and naturally we see some of his greatest fears, which gives us an argument between Batman and the Joker where they go over how Robin isn't necessary and ruins Batman, etc. I thought that was cool, because it's probably one of the reasons people give most often for why Batman shouldn't have a Robin, or a sidekick/partner at all.

I then thought that the second was good because it really showcases just how important Nightwing's presence in Gotham is. Batman's disappeared, the city went to hell, and some new guy's running around claiming to be Batman and attacking all the other crime fighters, with the support of the local authorities, and Nightwing was nowhere to be found. Similar to his confrontations with Jason and Tim, Damian, and Barbara previously there's a certain understanding on the part of the readers as to why Nightwing wasn't there, but it's also understandable why different people are angry/upset that he wasn't there, when they find out that he was alive the entire time.

Think it's also good, because the idea of Nightwing not being there actually clashes with previous instances when Bruce disappears. JLA Obsidian Age, Nightwing is there and becomes the leader of the Justice League. Court of Owls, Nightwing's there working with the others to find out where Bruce is. R.I.P./Final Crisis Aftermath, Nightwing's there and becomes Batman.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can anyone like this? Oh my god... *kill the New 52 pls*

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.