Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Arrow ft. Nightwing

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

hello viners!

No Caption Provided

If you haven't already heard The Vampire Diaries star Steven McQueen has hinted his role to play Nightwing in upcoming episodes of Arrow! Let me first tell you that I think Steven McQueen will be perfect for the role, although not the BEST actor I can definitely see him playing Dick Grayson. I'm very happy to say that I'm glad it's not Batman being featured in the show and it's Nightwing.

How do you guys feel about having Dick in the show instead of Batman? Would any of you have a picked a different actor to play the role?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Personally, it seemed like he was self-promoting with that image. It did, however, land him a meeting with the Arrow team (according to his twitter). I wouldn't be surprised if he appears in the 3rd season, but last I knew, they said no Grayson in s2.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think he'd be good for the role and I'd love to see Nightwing in Arrow

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm fine with Dick being in the show, but I hope if they go into his origin they at least imply the existence of Batman. Even a passing mention of a mentor in Gotham City will do. I'm not one of those people that thinks Nightwing's entire existence revolves around his connection to Batman, so I'm fine if they just don't bring him up. Tho I would be bothered if they try to give him a completely Batman free origin because while being a former Robin isn't all he is its still and important part of who he is.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@k4tzm4n said:

Personally, it seemed like he was self-promoting with that image. It did, however, land him a meeting with the Arrow team (according to his twitter). I wouldn't be surprised if he appears in the 3rd season, but last I knew, they said no Grayson in s2.

Well you pretty much have to be self promoting to be a successful actor. Its like any business, you're selling a product. Its just in the case of acting the product is you so I can't really get upset with him self promoting since its something actors, especially young actors without an A list status just have to do to get a job.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

I say yes. He's better than the guy rumored to play NW in MOS2. (Sorry, had to go there.)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Well you pretty much have to be self promoting to be a successful actor. Its like any business, you're selling a product. Its just in the case of acting the product is you so I can't really get upset with him self promoting since its something actors, especially young actors without an A list status just have to do to get a job.

Or have a really good agent :P

I'm not bashing him at all for that. I'm just saying it seemed like self-promoting for the role instead of actually saying, "yup, I'm Nightwing!" Some people I've encountered seemed to have the impression it was the latter.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd definitely fit the role, and more exposure of the character just gets him closer to his own show. Haven't really been watching Arrow but apparently other heroes have had cameos as well, and lord knows Smallville had cameos, so it's not out of the question.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Yea, it may have been. Tho I have heard many stories about actors going to insane lengths to get themselves noticed. Like when Sean Young dressed as Catwoman and stalked Tim Burton for a month or so trying to get cast in Batman Returns. Even tho Michelle Pffifer got the part it still helps my point.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Sean Young. She was great in Blade Runner what happened to her..? :l

Give McQueen a shot. Warner Bros has licensed the rights to NW. Fans would love to see him pop up on the small screen and be a regular player on any superhero show. Make it happen Arrow.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@arturocalakayvee: no he really not, that other guy is an award winning actor, this guy is in Vampire Diaries...

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmoothJammin
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmoothJammin

@jonny_anonymous lel you can have him. I'll take Steven McQueen Nightwing over Driver all day. His girlfriend's smokin hot though

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmoothJammin
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: no he really not, that other guy is an award winning actor, this guy is in Vampire Diaries...

lol what are you trying to say?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

lol what are you trying to say?

I'm trying to say no he's not. That other guy is an award winning actor, this guy is in Vampire Diaries.....

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm fine with Dick being in the show, but I hope if they go into his origin they at least imply the existence of Batman. Even a passing mention of a mentor in Gotham City will do. I'm not one of those people that thinks Nightwing's entire existence revolves around his connection to Batman, so I'm fine if they just don't bring him up. Tho I would be bothered if they try to give him a completely Batman free origin because while being a former Robin isn't all he is its still and important part of who he is.

agreed....something along the lines of Dick Grayson mentioning that he's there one Wayne Enterprises business or something like that then have him shown later in the show talking to someone (implied Bruce) on the phone about Arrow would be just fine with me

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I don't even need him to bring up Batman in more than a vague mention of a mentor if they don't go into his origin. Not saying I'm against it, just that Batman doesn't have to be mentioned just because Nightwing is there. I know the new52 era is trying their best to make him practically a side kick again but he is a hero in his own right.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I don't even need him to bring up Batman in more than a vague mention of a mentor if they don't go into his origin. Not saying I'm against it, just that Batman doesn't have to be mentioned just because Nightwing is there. I know the new52 era is trying their best to make him practically a side kick again but he is a hero in his own right.

that's what I mean by having him reporting to someone on the phone but not have them say specifically who it is he's talking to

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Or if they want to make it more like Early Nightwing they could have him deliberately trying to avoid Batman and maybe have a messenger from Wayne Enterprises catch up with him at the end. They were semi-feuding when Dick first took up the Nightwing mantle.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I like that...I also feel like they should throw in a Teen Titans easter egg by having him make friends with Roy

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

@danhimself: That could be cool, then they could introduce Wally in the Flash series and eventually do a spin off, okay unlikely but I can dream.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: That could be cool, then they could introduce Wally in the Flash series and eventually do a spin off, okay unlikely but I can dream.

YES!!!! I want in on that dream!

this would really work if they did integrate Arrow into their cinematic universe....they could have Donna cameo in a Wonder Woman movie

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Not sure they could pull of Raven, Starfire or Cyborg on a TV budget tho.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, he isn't in talks for Nightwing, he was pulling a Jamie Alexander and trying to get the role. There's an embargo on Batman and Dick Grayson because of the Superman/Batman movie. It's highly unlikely that it's ever going to happen on Arrow, no matter how many times the showrunners talk and beg for it. They have a solid set of characters to work with, work on fully developing all of them first [cough Felicity who we know nothing about] and then add in headline stealing characters who take away the focus from the main characters.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Not sure they could pull of Raven, Starfire or Cyborg on a TV budget tho.

Raven and Cyborg I don't see a problem with....they did have Cyborg on Smallville though without all the Cyborg attachments and at one point the CW was considering doing a Raven show

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: Well if they did Cyborg Smallville style and just did standard TK fx for Raven without all the black energy stuff then she could work but Starfire would probably blow the budget for a year in 3 scenes.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By danhimself

@danhimself: Well if they did Cyborg Smallville style and just did standard TK fx for Raven without all the black energy stuff then she could work but Starfire would probably blow the budget for a year in 3 scenes.

knowing CW we really don't need to worry...if they were going to make a Titans spin-off we'd probably get one or two actual Titans and the rest would be some characters that had nothing to do with the Titans....like how the Smallville Justice League consisted of Superman, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Kid Flash, and Cyborg

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I think Bart from Smallville was meant to be sort of a composite of all the Flashes. GA and Aquaman have been off and on Members of the League since the beginning tho.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: @joshmightbe: Or he could mention in passing something about Bruce like "You think this bad, you should see the psychos where I come from. And I'm talking about the good guys.", or "That's(referring to Oliver) what passes for broody and tormented around here?" Ollie could try the disappearing thing and Dick is suddenly behind him "Nice try. I'm used to it." Dick could do it to him and Ollie says "so that's what that feels like". They could both do it to Felicity (the disappearing thing). Totally cliche and cheesy, but it would work on Arrow.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise: Or have the villain of the week do something screwed up and terrifying and have Ollie say something about how bad it was and have Dick shrug it off with something like, "Nah, I grew in Gotham, this is an average Wednesday for me." Hopefully it'd be a better line than that but you get what I mean.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I think Bart from Smallville was meant to be sort of a composite of all the Flashes. GA and Aquaman have been off and on Members of the League since the beginning tho.

in the comics they show that he's from the future but he traveled back to before either Barry or Wally get their powers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: @joshmightbe: Or he could mention in passing something about Bruce like "You think this bad, you should see the psychos where I come from. And I'm talking about the good guys.", or "That's(referring to Oliver) what passes for broody and tormented around here?" Ollie could try the disappearing thing and Dick is suddenly behind him "Nice try. I'm used to it." Dick could do it to him and Ollie says "so that's what that feels like". They could both do it to Felicity (the disappearing thing). Totally cliche and cheesy, but it would work on Arrow.

@knightrise: Or have the villain of the week do something screwed up and terrifying and have Ollie say something about how bad it was and have Dick shrug it off with something like, "Nah, I grew in Gotham, this is an average Wednesday for me." Hopefully it'd be a better line than that but you get what I mean.

I like both of these

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: I never read the Smallville comic. I got my assumption from his first appearance where he had fake IDs with the names Barry Allen, Wally West and Jay Garrick.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By danhimself

@joshmightbe said:

@danhimself: I never read the Smallville comic. I got my assumption from his first appearance where he had fake IDs with the names Barry Allen, Wally West and Jay Garrick.

before any of those scans they go to meet with Jay Garrick to learn some stuff and he asks why Bart stole his identity and Bart says that he has no idea and that he doesn't remember anything from before he woke up with his powers

edit: you should REALLY check out the comic....best Superman book out right now

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should do it in the same way they did in Teen Titans. Batman's never once outright mentioned, but Robin talks about having just left an old partner and such, he mentions already having a father and bats fly across the sky, etc.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By joshmightbe

I do hope if this does happen we can get a Nightwing vs Deathstroke scene. The younger fans may not remember the rivalry but it was one of my favorite hero/villain relationships when I was growing up.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Nightwingdg

I do hope if this does happen we can get a Nightwing vs Deathstroke scene. The younger fans may not remember the rivalry but it was one of my favorite hero/villain relationships when I was growing up.

I would love to see that too. Though, I may laugh out loud at how silly Two Face/Deathstroke looks! I'm just glad I wasn't drinking anything this past Wednesday when they revealed that. I couldn't stop looking at his face and laughing. Poor decision by the writers on Arrow.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By joshmightbe

@nightwingdg: I think that was just a bandage since his face was injured earlier in the season. I doubt that's going to be a permanent thing.

Avatar image for the_nightwing_the1st
    The_Nightwing_the1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who thinks S3 for Arrow, See Deathstroke off the island ( I think start of S2 was a hint at that) and he comes into Starling City with Nightwing tracking him down. Have Dick come into Thea's bar, become buddy buddy (maybe a reunion tie in to Roy's past since he had a rough younger years that they don't mention) and use Roy to get the info of Starling's underground. And have to have Ollie and Dick meet in suit with Nightwing scoping out a place, Ollie seems him and investigates, mistakes him for say League of Shadows Assassin, epic fight, arrow grabbed out of air, then something goes BOOM and they start opening cans of whuppA#% on some crooks?

Opinions? ideas? critiques? improvements? I think this needs to happen, I don't care how

Someone PLEASE get this idea through to DC and CW

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the guy in OP A LOT more than the guy that was in the other rumours. The one with the funny face.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_nightwing_the1st: That's actually a pretty good idea,I'd like that,my friend,who's an arrow and Grayson fan,would probably enjoy that a lot. Though they should keep the character a secret,if they were to include him,no hints,no reveals,complete surprise would be the best way to bring him in

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

McQueen is good....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.