Arkham City Voices?

#1 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I haven't played Arkham City as Nightwing nor do I plan to buy the pack...I have dial-up, so I can't even download it. I know Nightwing has a voice actor, he's the same guy that voices Axel in Kingdom Hearts, but I can't find a video of Grayson talking. Can anyone link me a video of Nightwing talking, I want to hear his voice. I heard Tim's voice and I so wasn't a fan of it, it seemed way too deep for him. I'm not sure who even voices him, I get two voice actors saying they did the voice of Tim Drake.

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have a voice actor. Nightwing has no voice in the game.

#3 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it's kind of a bummer. Robin doesn't even speak outside of the campaign.

Moderator
#4 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp & @Deranged Midget: What?! You serious! But...but...the pages, they all say Quinton Flynn. It makes me wanna cry, I was looking forward to how Quinton's voice was going to fit for Richard. I swear, the wiki pages say it's him or is that the voice actor they wished that would voice Nightwing with he bloody spoke? Because on Robin's, it said Crispin Freeman, but it doesn't sound like him, either. I think it's the guy that voiced Snow in Final Fantasy 13.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vata_Raven: Yup, I'm serious.

#6 Posted by SmoothJammin (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vata_Raven: Simple. Just imagine it's Neil Patrick Harris :D

#7 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: I don't know who that is. As it is, I know Grayson is from the European part of the lands and I think I read that he's meant to have a Romanian accent. And that's why I was looking forward to hearing Quinton Flynn doing his voice, because he's the only voice actor I know of who has that lisp, or whatever you you want to call it.

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

.....................Grayson is American...".............why would he have a Romanian accent

#9 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: No he's not. Grayson, it was a famous European circus act, he was not born as an American. And Jason is Irish, it's Tim that's American.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? I did not know that. Where was it stated

#11 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I'm pretty sure I read on the profile on this site. I know I read it on a profile page of some sort.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not on any I've seen. I've just checked Dick's page as well as the flying Grayson's page. Are you sure your not thinking of an alternate universe?

#13 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I don't know. I just know Richard and his family were a famous European act, and I also know Jason is a red-head that dyed his hair black.

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright I've checked over again and Dick was born and raised in Gotham. It's possible that Haley's Circus might have traveled to Europe at one point but Dick is indeed American.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I know were your confusion is from. Your thinking of Deadman and the Flying Graysons: the Flashpoint mini series. The circus was indeed traveling through Europe but the characters still weren't European.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (9097 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@Vata_Raven: Simple. Just imagine it's Neil Patrick Harris :D

Loren Lester forever

#17 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I don't know who the hell this Neil guy is.

#18 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_Grayson_%28New_Earth%29 There, is says "Dick Grayson was a twelve-year-old Romany circus acrobat, the youngest of a family act called The Flying Graysons of The Haley Circus." And Romany is the real term for a gypsy. And then I looked up the wiki page for Romany people, it's a couple of people that mostly live in the European area.

#19 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

That's funny, I checked that exact same page earlier today and I didn't see anything having to do with Romany. The wiki sites have a long history of incorrect information, I wouldn't put much stock in the them.

#20 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I say he's still European or at least half, if anything else. Americans, born up in the US, generally aren't that good-looking...he just has that pretty-boy look and lean build that are common across those type of people...if drawn right...if drawn by Marcus To. And in theory, since he and family traveled around in the circus, he was a gypsy.

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I think that lean look might have something to do with being an acrobat\rigorously trained crime fighter. As for his good loks, well he IS a comic book character.

#22 Edited by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vata_Raven: @Avenging-X-Bolt: Pretty sure Grayson was born in America as his parents were a traveling circus act, however he is of Romani heritage. But he's not fluid in it, and it's never been mentioned he has an accent, and only knows a little of the language.And to explain the joke for you, Neil Patrick Harris voiced Nightwing in Under the Red Hood animated film.(probably know him better as Barney Stinsen in How I Met your Mother, or as himself in the Harold and Kumar movies)

He confirms it when he meets face to face with Yoska.

#23 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwing91 said:

@Vata_Raven: @Avenging-X-Bolt: Pretty sure Grayson was born in America as his parents were a traveling circus act, however he is of Romani heritage. But he's not fluid in it, and it's never been mentioned he has an accent, and only knows a little of the language.And to explain the joke for you, Neil Patrick Harris voiced Nightwing in Under the Red Hood animated film.(probably know him better as Barney Stinsen in How I Met your Mother, or as himself in the Harold and Kumar movies)

He confirms it when he meets face to face with Yoska.

Agreed

#24 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: No all comic characters are charismatic. I'm used to the manga look, so I really did pick my comics off on looks. Half the time I'd be lucky if I can understand the history in my Batman & Robin comics, I sort of understand Red Robin. I read the comics for the best friend stuff, which I find hard to come by. I found a few with Tim & Conner, I need a starting point on Richard & Roy.

#25 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vata_Raven said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: No all comic characters are charismatic. I'm used to the manga look, so I really did pick my comics off on looks. Half the time I'd be lucky if I can understand the history in my Batman & Robin comics, I sort of understand Red Robin. I read the comics for the best friend stuff, which I find hard to come by. I found a few with Tim & Conner, I need a starting point on Richard & Roy.

That time Dick beat up Roy, and forced him into rehab! Good times.

But no seriously, early issues of Titans. The arc from Action Comics Weekly where Dick helps Roy find his daughter. And then the Outsiders run which had the two on the team.

#26 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwing91 said:

@Vata_Raven said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: No all comic characters are charismatic. I'm used to the manga look, so I really did pick my comics off on looks. Half the time I'd be lucky if I can understand the history in my Batman & Robin comics, I sort of understand Red Robin. I read the comics for the best friend stuff, which I find hard to come by. I found a few with Tim & Conner, I need a starting point on Richard & Roy.

That time Dick beat up Roy, and forced him into rehab! Good times.

But no seriously, early issues of Titans. The arc from Action Comics Weekly where Dick helps Roy find his daughter. And then the Outsiders run which had the two on the team.

Ah, that's love right there, beating them up until they decide to go into the rehab they need.

#27 Posted by superbatprime (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Just did a quick bit of half assed research on Dick's name in RL.

Fathers name was John Grayson

http://www.houseofnames.com/grayson-family-crest

Scottish origin.

Mothers maiden name was Mary Elizabeth Loyd.

http://www.houseofnames.com/loyd-family-crest

Welsh origin.

:)

So there was a change of family name maybe (not uncommon when immigrants moved to America and circus folk to boot, so it's a distinct possibility)?

Or his grandmother on his mothers side was a gypsy?

Or... Well, anyway... I'm sure we could shoehorn a gypsy in there somewhere lol.

He may have gypsy blood, but unless his father or mother changed their family name it's a little diluted I suspect.

#28 Posted by Vata_Raven (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightwing91: So, I watched Batman Under the Red Hood...I didn't like Nightwing in it. His hair was all wrong and he seemed to happy (from what I've seen in comics), and I wasn't too much a fan of his voice, either.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.