anyone eles want the blue back?

• 72 results
#1 Posted by spiderman20991992 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't get me wrong i like the red look for his costume, i just miss the blue!

anyone eles hope they bring the blue suit back?

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12470 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderman20991992: Yes actually, I do.

Though what I REALLY miss are the fingerstripes.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92634 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies

Mind reader.
#4 Posted by spiderman20991992 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: YES. The fingerstripes just brought the blue costume together! I just don't think the red screams "Nightwing" like the blue does.

#5 Posted by Miss Menace (12222 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like the blue that much >_> sorry.

#6 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Mrg. I don't really hate the red... but yeah, I would kinda sorta like the blue back. I certainly prefer it. I think I can go with it for now... but it may start to grate on me after a while. I agree that the blue is just more him.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22306 posts) - - Show Bio

while I think that the blue suit was one of the best in comics...I really don't mind the red suit at all...I think it's the gloves and boots that do it for me though

#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wonder what the policy of costume changes is in the New 52 some charecters already seem to have 4 or 5 slightly diffrent costumes but i wonder when if ever it will be acceptable to change a charecters costume. The reason i ask is because more than likely the majority of other writers and artist prefer blue to so the sooner costume changes are allowed that means the first new creative team may give us back the blue
#9 Edited by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Ditto. Dicks old costume was so perfect. The new one is pretty good. It definitely looks better in blue though:

#10 Posted by richardjohngrayson (414 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both. Red or blue as long as it's Grayson.

#11 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogjitsu said:

@Icarusflies said:

Ditto. Dicks old costume was so perfect. The new one is pretty good. It definitely looks better in blue though:

Wait what? He has spikes on his gauntlets now? I thought the point of Dick becoming Nightwing was to make an identity for himself, not take two steps back....and remove those grip lines throughout his body. Nightwing's original costume looked like it was made from latex, hence playing towards his strengths; agility and speed.

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty much perfect

#13 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Each time I read the new Nightwing series, I wish it was the blue and black suit. He reminds me TOO much of Renegade in that red and black suit.

#14 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duo_forbidden: You're right on. The red is a cross between Batman Beyond and Renegade. He needs the blue to set him apart from his partners and Batman. Cool bright colors that reflect his personality.

#15 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@Duo_forbidden: You're right on. The red is a cross between Batman Beyond and Renegade. He needs the blue to set him apart from his partners and Batman. Cool bright colors that reflect his personality.

Yeah I have thinking on that meanwhile I'm reading them, I can't get it out off my mind

#16 Posted by RazzaTazz (9490 posts) - - Show Bio

Me

#17 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I would prefer to have the blue, but I don't mind the red. I'm just glad he is back as Nightwing

#18 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss Menace: Why not? It distinguished him

#19 Posted by guardiandevil801 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson: agreed

#20 Edited by War Killer (19995 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

This is pretty much perfect

I would have preferred something similar to this as well, to me with the red makes his new suit look too much like Terry McGinnis' Bat-Suit...
#21 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the red.

#22 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the blue, but the red is cool too, just because the character is awesome...

#23 Posted by ethanrjc (50 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole point of Dick Grayson becoming Nightwing was to differentiate himself from being the second class, sidekick to Batman, being known as Robin. After all, other characters like Jason Todd and Damian (sigh..) took up the Robin mantle after he did, and look wise, they didn't change Robin, or how people envisioned Robin to look like. Different personality or not, no matter who is in the Robin costume, they're still just one of the many Robins.

So how does Dick Grayson separate himself from just being the first Robin who got replaced a few times and sort of pushed to the back?

He takes up the identity of Nightwing, and throws away any red in his costume reminiscent of being Robin and switches it for the opposite colour, blue, which speaks for itself that this isn't just another Robin..... this is a totally different hero. He can stand up to Batman as his own character, he can take watch over his own city (Bludhaven), and even though Dick Grayson even had to take over the Batman mantle for awhile (the thing he was trying to so hard to avoid being second class to), Dick Grayson still had his own Nightwing costume to put on and be his self again.

So why there would be a sudden step backwards to wearing Robin Red is beyond me... to me, just that minor colour change really affects how I look at the character when he's beating peoples heads in while wearing the Robin flag. Hell, even Jason Todd is trying to differentiate himself from being just another Robin, now actually calling himself the Red Robin. Still a Robin, at least the new 52 gave Red Robin a costume change with wings that no other bat family member has. What ever happened to Nightwing blue?

#24 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@ethanrjc said:

The whole point of Dick Grayson becoming Nightwing was to differentiate himself from being the second class, sidekick to Batman, being known as Robin. After all, other characters like Jason Todd and Damian (sigh..) took up the Robin mantle after he did, and look wise, they didn't change Robin, or how people envisioned Robin to look like. Different personality or not, no matter who is in the Robin costume, they're still just one of the many Robins.

So how does Dick Grayson separate himself from just being the first Robin who got replaced a few times and sort of pushed to the back?

He takes up the identity of Nightwing, and throws away any red in his costume reminiscent of being Robin and switches it for the opposite colour, blue, which speaks for itself that this isn't just another Robin..... this is a totally different hero. He can stand up to Batman as his own character, he can take watch over his own city (Bludhaven), and even though Dick Grayson even had to take over the Batman mantle for awhile (the thing he was trying to so hard to avoid being second class to), Dick Grayson still had his own Nightwing costume to put on and be his self again.

So why there would be a sudden step backwards to wearing Robin Red is beyond me... to me, just that minor colour change really affects how I look at the character when he's beating peoples heads in while wearing the Robin flag. Hell, even Jason Todd is trying to differentiate himself from being just another Robin, now actually calling himself the Red Robin. Still a Robin, at least the new 52 gave Red Robin a costume change with wings that no other bat family member has. What ever happened to Nightwing blue?

I think it's to bring together the idea of Batman and his lieutenants, with all of the secondary characters wearing black and red, with the exception of Batgirl.

#25 Posted by The_Tree (7243 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer blue as well.

#26 Posted by richardjohngrayson (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@ethanrjc said:

Jason Todd is Red Hoodnot Red Robin.

#27 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I MUCH preferred the blue, personally i hate the red.

#28 Posted by GuruOfFunk (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't not like the red but if given a choice I would definitely like to see the blue back.

#29 Posted by ethanrjc (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson: my bad! i forgot to mention tim drake in all of that and then confused and mixed up the two.... Tim Drake became Red Robin, while Jason Todd became Red Hood!

#30 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the old Fingerstripes are definitely something that we need back, but I'm not really sure if the blue needs to come back. The new costume does look better in blue though...

#31 Posted by Dernman (14786 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes me think of Batwoman with the black and red mix.

#32 Posted by BigTPotts (123 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogjitsu said:

@Icarusflies said:

OMG i love this suit!

#33 Posted by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigTPotts: Isn't it amazing how one little color change makes the suit look so much better?

#34 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes no difference to me which one he wears. Still, I liked the blue. I'm still hoping the play off Batman Beyond continuity with his costume/likeness to Terry, like they've been doing in Batman & Robin

#35 Posted by cxmxalex (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. Blue-and-black, man. Classic. The blue-and-red isn't horrible but it brings back Chris O'Donnell memories.

In the webseries "Nightwing: Escalation", the storyline takes place in a pre-52 Gotham City with black-and-blue Mr. Grayson!

#36 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#37 Posted by Obtrusive (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the blue better as well. However I think he needs better face and head protection, like a or bigger mask.

#38 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11147 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanary said:

@ethanrjc said:

I think it's to bring together the idea of Batman and his lieutenants, with all of the secondary characters wearing black and red, with the exception of Batgirl.

Even so, Dick is different from the rest of the crowd. He's been trying to distinguish himself outside the bat-family unlike everyone else. There's nothing wrong with the red, it looks cool, and like you said, it ties him in with the rest of the group, but the blue just works so much better in my opinion.

#39 Posted by redhood21 (774 posts) - - Show Bio

this blue? lol im liking the red for now cuz it reminds me of his renegade costume. I would like to a return to his blues eventually. and maybe make the symbol just like in Batman TAS

#40 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

Its strange. I really do not mind the red. Dick can never look bad as Nightwing to me it seems lol but I miss the blue. The color was more him I guess. IDK how to explain it really, but I know blue on his costume's something he's had since he first became Nightwing and something every continuity (Game, Alternate Universe, or TV) always keeps.

#41 Posted by Onemoreposter (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

The new costume just makes me think of this...

...but once I get past that...it might be alright...

#42 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

batnipples.

ugh, that thing's repulsive. I'm not going to lie, when I was a kid I actually loved these sh!tty movies. What the hell was I thinking..

#43 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

batnipples.

ugh, that thing's repulsive. I'm not going to lie, when I was a kid I actually loved these sh!tty movies. What the hell was I thinking..

Never thought its nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

#44 Edited by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@SmoothJammin said:

batnipples.

Well, when you later understand the directors motives behind the odd selection of attire & certain bizarre sequences, it completely warps any sense of understanding you had for the film as a 7yr old boy who loved Batman to death. Talk about high octane nightmare fuel. Subliminal Ho-yay! FTW

#45 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@ReVamp said:

@SmoothJammin said:

batnipples.

Well, when you later understand the directors motives behind the odd selection of attire & certain bizarre sequences, it completely warps any sense of understanding you had for the film as a 7yr old boy who loved Batman to death. Talk about high octane nightmare fuel. Subliminal Ho-yay! FTW

What motives... o.o?

#46 Posted by Z3RO180 (6337 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogjitsu: yep i prefer the blue to the red

#47 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Red is growing on me, to be honest.

#48 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I like him better in red.
#49 Posted by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like him back in blue again

#50 Posted by Nantucket (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I say bring back the blue. The red reminds me of the tragic Renegade persona he took on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.