A Nightwing game ideas

#1 Edited by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

So if you were makeing a nightwing game who and what would be in it? Well we all know batman would have to be in it as well as tim damiean and jason. Apart from those dude what villens would be in the game and who would be the big bad you need to beat.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (13005 posts) - - Show Bio

Shrike
Blockbuster
Deathstroke
Bride and Groom
Brutale
Night-wing
Torque
Tarantula
Mister Fun
 
Due to his time with Batman and the Teen Titans, Dick Grayson has come into conflict with nearly every villain in the DCU.....probably even more than Batman has...you could probably throw anyone in their and it would make sense in some way

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: who woul you say is dicks nemesis?? i would have sayed jason todd but after eading battle of the cowl and the wiki i would say jason is more of a rivel than a nemesis.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (13005 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:

@cattlebattle: who woul you say is dicks nemesis?? i would have sayed jason todd but after eading battle of the cowl and the wiki i would say jason is more of a rivel than a nemesis.

Shrike is a prominent nemesis of his....his equal some would say
 
Deathstroke was his nemesis in the earlier days....but has graduated to larger threat
#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Why did deathstroke want to kill grayson. Also for a nightwing game it would have to be open world but what city would be better gotham or bludhaven.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (13005 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: Bludhaven...that was Nightwings city
 
Deathstroke had an obsession with the Teen Titans because he felt they were responsible for his sons death and because Dick was the leader, they came into conflict
#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

yea that would make sence it is or was his city and i think the big bad would have to be Deathstroke cause i just dount see this shike being a good big bad for a game other than Slade i dount think Dick has a joker-type enime.

#8 Edited by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Dick also converted his youngest daughter and heir to the throne into a hero under Slade's own watch. He despised him for that which is the reason Bludhaven no longer exists. Deathstroke dropped chemo on the city to get back at him for his daughters(and his own) betrayal.

#9 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Bludhaven. The developers of Assassins Creed need to get on this. The nemesis is Slade and he's threatening to drop Chemo unless Nightwing can stop him

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin said:

@Z3RO180: Dick also converted his youngest daughter and heir to the throne into a hero under Slade's own watch. He despised him for that which is the reason Bludhaven no longer exists. Deathstroke dropped chemo on the city to get back at him for his daughters(and his own) betrayal.

He dropped it before she actually converted mate. After Nightwing taught her and took her under his wing, but before Slade dropped Chemo on the city.

#11 Edited by Cage_2913_69 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have a series of game called "Grayson"

1.) Grayson-This would be about his time as Robin with Batman.

Main Villains: He would fight Some of Batman's rouge gallery.

2.) Grayson: Darkest Nights-This one would be about him with the teen titans.

Main Villain: Deathstroke, but he would fight other villains as well.

3.) Grayson: Rebirth part 1-This one would be his life in Bludhaven as Nightwing.

Main Villain: Deathstroke

4.) Grayson: Rebirth part 2- This would follow the story line of Batman:Battle for the Cowl.

Main Villain: Jason Todd

#12 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@Z3RO180: Dick also converted his youngest daughter and heir to the throne into a hero under Slade's own watch. He despised him for that which is the reason Bludhaven no longer exists. Deathstroke dropped chemo on the city to get back at him for his daughters(and his own) betrayal.

He dropped it before she actually converted mate. After Nightwing taught her and took her under his wing, but before Slade dropped Chemo on the city.

Ahh ok, my mistake. Thanks for catching that broski

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cage_2913_69 said:

I'd have a series of game called "Grayson"

1.) Grayson-This would be about his time as Robin with Batman.

Main Villains: He would fight Some of Batman's rouge gallery.

2.) Grayson: Darkest Nights-This one would be about him with the teen titans.

Main Villain: Deathstroke, but he would fight other villains as well.

3.) Grayson: Rebirth part 1-This one would be his life in Bludhaven as Nightwing.

Main Villain: Deathstroke

4.) Grayson: Rebirth part 2- This would follow the story line of Batman:Battle for the Cowl.

Main Villain: Jason Todd

I like.

#14 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

At the very least, we're getting Young Justice Legacy which features Nightwing as a prominent character. Next Arkham game has to include our old boy

#15 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: they are makeing a YJ game ?

#17 Posted by KNlGHTWlNG (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm always a fan of open environment games. I would like to see them do his movement a lot like the Spiderman games. I feel like "web swinging" with the two grappling hooks he sometimes is shown in his gauntlets would be a lot of fun. Plus there's a lot of flips and acrobatics involved which is Nightwing to the core. Stealth is a big element, but instead of using key placed gargoyles I think Nightwing will be able to keep ahead of the bad guys from speed and acrobatics. Moving from cover point to cover point quickly, using parkour to get gain tactical advantage on the enemies, throwing wing-dings to distract enemies. Add detective vision and upgradable equipment like in the Arkham games and I think you got a winner.

But the story could be mainly focused on stopping Blockbuster (my favorite Nightwing villain) from taking over the city. Plus he would make a great boss fight. Tons of side quests like stopping Deathstroke's assassinations, helping Bat-Family members with missions, stop random crimes, throw in some other villains to face and guest appearances from other heroes while also collecting things for Hayley's Circus. One can only dream.

#18 Posted by richardjohngrayson (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@KNlGHTWlNG said:

I'm always a fan of open environment games. I would like to see them do his movement a lot like the Spiderman games. I feel like "web swinging" with the two grappling hooks he sometimes is shown in his gauntlets would be a lot of fun. Plus there's a lot of flips and acrobatics involved which is Nightwing to the core. Stealth is a big element, but instead of using key placed gargoyles I think Nightwing will be able to keep ahead of the bad guys from speed and acrobatics. Moving from cover point to cover point quickly, using parkour to get gain tactical advantage on the enemies, throwing wing-dings to distract enemies. Add detective vision and upgradable equipment like in the Arkham games and I think you got a winner.

But the story could be mainly focused on stopping Blockbuster (my favorite Nightwing villain) from taking over the city. Plus he would make a great boss fight. Tons of side quests like stopping Deathstroke's assassinations, helping Bat-Family members with missions, stop random crimes, throw in some other villains to face and guest appearances from other heroes while also collecting things for Hayley's Circus. One can only dream.

I'd play it non-stop.

#19 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@KNlGHTWlNG said:

I'm always a fan of open environment games. I would like to see them do his movement a lot like the Spiderman games. I feel like "web swinging" with the two grappling hooks he sometimes is shown in his gauntlets would be a lot of fun. Plus there's a lot of flips and acrobatics involved which is Nightwing to the core. Stealth is a big element, but instead of using key placed gargoyles I think Nightwing will be able to keep ahead of the bad guys from speed and acrobatics. Moving from cover point to cover point quickly, using parkour to get gain tactical advantage on the enemies, throwing wing-dings to distract enemies. Add detective vision and upgradable equipment like in the Arkham games and I think you got a winner.

But the story could be mainly focused on stopping Blockbuster (my favorite Nightwing villain) from taking over the city. Plus he would make a great boss fight. Tons of side quests like stopping Deathstroke's assassinations, helping Bat-Family members with missions, stop random crimes, throw in some other villains to face and guest appearances from other heroes while also collecting things for Hayley's Circus. One can only dream.

Wow o.O

When does this go on sale? I need to pre-order

#20 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Cage_2913_69 said:

I'd have a series of game called "Grayson"

1.) Grayson-This would be about his time as Robin with Batman.

Main Villains: He would fight Some of Batman's rouge gallery.

2.) Grayson: Darkest Nights-This one would be about him with the teen titans.

Main Villain: Deathstroke, but he would fight other villains as well.

3.) Grayson: Rebirth part 1-This one would be his life in Bludhaven as Nightwing.

Main Villain: Deathstroke

4.) Grayson: Rebirth part 2- This would follow the story line of Batman:Battle for the Cowl.

Main Villain: Jason Todd

I like.

brilliant Idea

#21 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by DEGRAAF (7896 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

@cattlebattle: Why did deathstroke want to kill grayson. Also for a nightwing game it would have to be open world but what city would be better gotham or bludhaven.

IT should be an open world format similar to GTA or Infamous. Could start in Gotham (as Robin) then a small stint in Metropolis (after fighting Batman about the way things should be done and he quits being Robin and takes on the name Nightwing) before moving on to Bludhaven (taking on Shrike, Nite-Wing, Tarantula, Blockbuster and finally Deathstroke) then coming back to Gotham (after Bludhaven is destroyed, taking on Two-Face) then would come battle for The Cowl (he would have little matches against Tim, Damien, among others with Jason Todd as Batman being the final Villain for that stage) after that he would take on Professor Pyg, Two-Face, Penguin, and at the end Black Mask. For the final mission i would have him work with Damien and Jokers new persona in the absence of Bruce then faces Talia and a controlled Damien and for the final battle He would have to track down and beat Bruce in his Insider suit.

Then i would make an add-on for the next chapter as Dick goes back to being Nightwing and moves to Chicago (skipping the whole Death in the Family arc)

#23 Edited by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Well,I think I'd like to play one with a somewhat new continuity,like the Arkham games,or maybe even in the Arkham games continuity. I really want one,but at most,I can see it either being a downloadable game,or Grayson getting a dlc akin to Catwoman in Arkham 4,(I'd prefer it not dlc,but it doesn't matter what I want,I'm just a fan :| )

#24 Posted by KingWillie (176 posts) - - Show Bio

@cage_2913_69: Can't imagine a game ever bein called "Grayson"..Imagine a Batman game just called "Wayne"?? Lol...

#25 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm always a fan of open environment games. I would like to see them do his movement a lot like the Spiderman games. I feel like "web swinging" with the two grappling hooks he sometimes is shown in his gauntlets would be a lot of fun. Plus there's a lot of flips and acrobatics involved which is Nightwing to the core. Stealth is a big element, but instead of using key placed gargoyles I think Nightwing will be able to keep ahead of the bad guys from speed and acrobatics. Moving from cover point to cover point quickly, using parkour to get gain tactical advantage on the enemies, throwing wing-dings to distract enemies. Add detective vision and upgradable equipment like in the Arkham games and I think you got a winner.

But the story could be mainly focused on stopping Blockbuster (my favorite Nightwing villain) from taking over the city. Plus he would make a great boss fight. Tons of side quests like stopping Deathstroke's assassinations, helping Bat-Family members with missions, stop random crimes, throw in some other villains to face and guest appearances from other heroes while also collecting things for Hayley's Circus. One can only dream.

@Superjedi17: ^^^ That guy's idea was chock full of win. If a Nightwing game ran on the oldschool ps2 Spiderman mechanics(haven't played any of the new ones idk if still the same)I'm sure it would garner a respectable audience. I can picture Nightwing swinging through town on two ziplines since stylistically his movement is more artistic than Batman's, meaning to me he shouldn't be limited to simply grapnel gunning onto gargoyles for quick transport. Instead of using vehicles to get around to farther parts of the map it would also save the developers a little hassle if they brought in trains who's routes you'd have to memorize for long distance travel.

It'd actually be great if they made traffic ridiculously hostile just to reinforce using the train exercises. Trainsurfing should reveal hidden parts of the map and let you know which areas haven't been unlocked yet. Offer a passive approach to what the Arkham games do well with it's own distinct flavor. Chicago and Bludhaven are both colorful cities after all. The player should feel encouraged to swing around the open world environment freely and interact with the people/locations. Less sneaking around unless it's for stealth missions, Nightwing's presence in the city ought to be common. I think this is the best template to use if the game ever comes to fruition.

#26 Posted by PhantomArtist (14 posts) - - Show Bio

a great nightwing game would be open world bludheaven which focuses on acrobatics to get around and detective skills similar to batman origins, and which a fighting style similar to spider man that would be the best game ever

#27 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

So with Arkham Knight coming out this year, I think there's a strong possibility that we'll see Nightwing in it (to some extent). He was a DLC character in Arkham City, so it's likely that he will either be another character used for challenges or he would be a free-roam character. I'm really hoping that it's both.

#28 Edited by CyberWarrior (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade is his Nemesis!! Make him a final boss!
Plus, a free-roam city to explore, atack and gear upgrades, dozens of unlockable suits and notourious villains.

P.S. Make Red Hood a playable character and one of the key characters of the game. I ain't annything against Mr. Drake either.

#29 Edited by Jayc1324 (12825 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe have him go after tony zucco

#30 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd play a 2D side scroller with SNES graphics if Nightwing was the title character of the game. That's how I desperate I am.

#31 Edited by richardjohngrayson (440 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd play a 2D side scroller with SNES graphics if Nightwing was the title character of the game. That's how I desperate I am.

Desperate? That would be amazing!

#32 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothjammin said:

I'd play a 2D side scroller with SNES graphics if Nightwing was the title character of the game. That's how I desperate I am.

Desperate? That would be amazing!

Heck yea dude. Man screw my PS3 I'm going retro tonight.. lets fire this badboy up lol. I need my BTAS fix

#33 Edited by richardjohngrayson (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson said:

@smoothjammin said:

I'd play a 2D side scroller with SNES graphics if Nightwing was the title character of the game. That's how I desperate I am.

Desperate? That would be amazing!

Heck yea dude. Man screw my PS3 I'm going retro tonight.. lets fire this badboy up lol. I need my BTAS fix

Awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.